**Canceled Cruise because RCCL web site SUCKS!!!!!!!***

I am also disappointed with RCCL. I especially dislike the non-refundable deposits they have initiated. I would like to try NCL. Does anyone have any experience with this cruise line?

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

NRD is only mandatory on Grand Suites and higher.

For lower classes of cabins, you have the option.

And only $100 per person is lost, not the entire deposit.

BTW I am using Chrome(:

The other thing you can do, while in a normal window, hit Ctrl - Shift - N keys. That opens an anonymous window. That normally works fine.

It does cache things, but only while the window is open.

RCL had the worst website even before the update. I don't think the update is an improvement at all. I really like cruising on Royal, so it's not a deal breaker. I just wish they could hire some decent IT people. I also wish they would let people post reviews for their excursions like the other cruise lines have.

Suddenly I can log in but cannot access the cruise planner. It just carries me to another log in page. Endless circle. I will give it a few days.

Hi TonyFred - there is of course, a whole other thread talking about this - and the backdoor way of logging on to the old Cruiseplanner (using this link, and logging in twice to direct you to your country https://secure.royalcaribbean.com/mycruises/processLogin.do)

However, I found out last night - to avoid the endless circle everyone is encountering is to use the "RESERVE NOW" button that appears in the middle of the Cruise Planner page.

You need to have all your reservation details though - rather than logging in.

RCI_Cruise_Planner_Login.jpg.9f95bece2beef834ef290ceb20ffd1ea.jpg

Of course, the Cruise Planner pretty well just lets you make pre-paid purchases.

NB: Looks like RCI might have made some further changes to at least allow passengers to check in ...under "ALREADY BOOKED" menu at the top the "ONLINE CHECK-IN" option takes you to something similar to the traditional site (also requires reservation details, rather than logging in)

Hmm, I am actually HAPPY with the new site.

I just logged in and did my one time deal. I added my C&A number, and after a couple of minutes, I was linked and my C&A points and status properly displayed. THIS IS HUGE, as previously the C&A system had a suffix box, and the reservation system did not, so the two could not be linked.

I had to re-add my upcoming cruises, but my past ones show up.

So, it seems to be working fine, for me, and they have fixed major issues from earlier.

I am getting into the site. But that is it. After 3 tries putting in my Crown and Anchor it still says unable to find this number please try again. Called in and they can see it but say it may be another week before they can link my cruises Thank goodness my next cruise is there. Still can't book excursions (was told that too might be a few more days)

Just very frustrating :(

Hi TonyFred - there is of course, a whole other thread talking about this - and the backdoor way of logging on to the old Cruiseplanner (using this link, and logging in twice to direct you to your country https://secure.royalcaribbean.com/mycruises/processLogin.do)

However, I found out last night - to avoid the endless circle everyone is encountering is to use the "RESERVE NOW" button that appears in the middle of the Cruise Planner page.

You need to have all your reservation details though - rather than logging in.

[ATTACH]416670[/ATTACH]

Of course, the Cruise Planner pretty well just lets you make pre-paid purchases.

NB: Looks like RCI might have made some further changes to at least allow passengers to check in ...under "ALREADY BOOKED" menu at the top the "ONLINE CHECK-IN" option takes you to something similar to the traditional site (also requires reservation details, rather than logging in)

While this seems to be working for many, I am still having issues after over a week of trying. I actually get the drink package into my cart and keep getting a "Payment Error". The card is good and I want to use that one because there is a travel credit on it (not that the reason matters). I agree with others who have said that said that the whole clown show is just unacceptable for a company of this size. And in this age of technology, I expect better. And Royal Caribbean should be better than that, but they just don't seem to care.

Just cancelled my RC cruise in 2019. Rebooked an AI in Mexico-2 bedroom family suite, included beach cabanas, included food and alcohol, included tips (although we tip extra), included on-site water park, kids club, pool entertainment, night shows (ok, probably not as good as the cruise shows), etc. $1000 less than my cruise in a 250 square feet family oceanview unit. Yes, excursions will be extra, but we don't have to rush back. We also spend most of our time at the resort anyway.

PS: I am reading this site as we will be on a RC cruise in June, probably my last if they run their ships like they run their website.

Just cancelled my RC cruise in 2019. Rebooked an AI in Mexico-2 bedroom family suite, included beach cabanas, included food and alcohol, included tips (although we tip extra), included on-site water park, kids club, pool entertainment, night shows (ok, probably not as good as the cruise shows), etc. $1000 less than my cruise in a 250 square feet family oceanview unit. Yes, excursions will be extra, but we don't have to rush back. We also spend most of our time at the resort anyway.

PS: I am reading this site as we will be on a RC cruise in June, probably my last if they run their ships like they run their website.

Good news! They don’t run their ships like they run their website!

I'm on their website now and nothing is working for me. I can't click on any of the gray boxes at the top and when I try to get to the search functions through other means, it won't let me pick dates, departure ports, etc. I'm getting the endless circle. This really sucks! :mad:

I'm on their website now and nothing is working for me. I can't click on any of the gray boxes at the top and when I try to get to the search functions through other means, it won't let me pick dates, departure ports, etc. I'm getting the endless circle. This really sucks! :mad:

Even Michael Bayley wrote a note of apology, but stated that with patience, the new site will be a great improvement over the old one. Try calling C&A and let them know of your problem, and see if they can give you a "back door" till they get it fixed. It appears that every day they add something to make the site a bit better, but it's going to be awhile before it totally fixed. I don't understand why they didn't totally test and have everything ready before rolling out this disaster.

Rick

Hmm, I am actually HAPPY with the new site.

I just logged in and did my one time deal. I added my C&A number, and after a couple of minutes, I was linked and my C&A points and status properly displayed. THIS IS HUGE, as previously the C&A system had a suffix box, and the reservation system did not, so the two could not be linked.

I had to re-add my upcoming cruises, but my past ones show up.

So, it seems to be working fine, for me, and they have fixed major issues from earlier.

It works fine for me too all 15 cruises are there plus my one for April 8th. I’ve not had a problem yet and I’m on it daily to look and play around. Keeping my fingers crossed that it stays this way for me

Sent from my iPad using Forums

I tried using IE and going through the "back door". Thought I had managed to book the drinks packages, but nope. The payment fails to process. I'm on the phone trying to do it that way, but there's no way that this web site debacle is good business. I'm a programmer for a large travel company and we'd never be able to put something like this into production. It's clear that they did too little testing before rolling out an entirely new website. And that's just bad business. In this day and age, websites drive revenues and not funding that appropriately is a money loser.

Whether the CEO apologized or not is irrelevant. The CIO should be held accountable. RCI's website has never been robust and has always had issues. And that's a factor of clearly not valuing it.

Sorry for ranting but I'm on the phone. Waiting. For a super long time because of higher than expected call volumes. You think?

It works fine for me too all 15 cruises are there plus my one for April 8th. I’ve not had a problem yet and I’m on it daily to look and play around. Keeping my fingers crossed that it stays this way for me

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Been working for me also for at least couple days. Has all my info, past cruises and 8 reserved cruises and cruise planners...

I don't know how anyone is defending RC's website. It is an absolute joke and by far the worst travel website of a major provider I have ever had to deal with.

I use chrome and have to clear my history about every week before the site will work. But why on earth should I even have to do that?

I don't ever have to do that with Disney, or Disney Cruise Line, or Universal, or any hotel website, or heck even the airline websites.

How anyone can say the problem is "on my side, not theirs" is beyond me. It is 2017, I shouldn't have to do anything on my side. I shouldn't have to use this browser or that browser. I should just be able to use my browser and go to their website and have it work like every other website out there.

You'd think it was 1995 with the way their website functions.

Yes their website absolutely sucks. Totally unacceptable in this day & age!! Useless customer service. The agents are polite and courteous but can’t help you if the website is not letting you go beyond a certain point. They are apologetic but doesn’t help anyone. Pretty much the worst site I have seen as far as travel industry goes.

Even Michael Bayley wrote a note of apology, but stated that with patience, the new site will be a great improvement over the old one. Try calling C&A and let them know of your problem, and see if they can give you a "back door" till they get it fixed. It appears that every day they add something to make the site a bit better, but it's going to be awhile before it totally fixed. I don't understand why they didn't totally test and have everything ready before rolling out this disaster.

Thanks Rick. It might have been my operating system. I'm on a MAC. I just upgraded to High Sierra and the site seems to be working a little better for me. C&A will still hear my complaint though! ;)

And on a side note....it's been too long, sir!

I spent half of the evening Saturday the 19th, either not being able to get in, being told my password is invalid or on line waiting for help. When I finally got help operator wanted to know why I wanted to go into C&A, what did I want to see. She'd tell me to go to a box that was not on my screen. Then in the middle of all this she is suddenly gone. Not happy. This is cruise #24 on RCI & I have never had a problem getting into site. I don't book through web, have a TA, but everything else I do on site. Today I was able to get into site, decided to do on-line-check-in & be done with it. That went well until I tried to print the Set Sail Pass.. It prints upper right corner and that is it. Tried several times, nothing, so called. Held for 35 minutes & hung up. We are sailing on Oasis on May 6th. Certainly hope I get help before that. I was able to check dinner reservations and show reservations, they are still all there.

Good luck folks, this is a very unfriendly website. I had no problem with the other one. This is 2018 for heavens sake, not 1990.

Thanks Rick. It might have been my operating system. I'm on a MAC. I just upgraded to High Sierra and the site seems to be working a little better for me. C&A will still hear my complaint though! ;)

And on a side note....it's been too long, sir!

When and where did Michael Bayley write a note of apology? I'd like to read it.

The website is giving me issues too...and I know how to navigate around a computer pretty well, so it's not me! It's their website! I hope they can get this fixed soon, as I have had to call several times this weekend to get excursions and packages added. It should not be this difficult. This is my first time cruising with Royal Caribbean and I'm pretty excited. I have never had issues when using Carnivals website for my past 3 cruises. Anyhow...hopefully Royal Caribbean's website will be up and running smoothly soon. Oh...and to clarify, I have tried using IE, Chrome, Firefox, and Safari...and same issues with all browsers! Let's do this RCI!!! I'm hopeful! :)

Edited by Tacosha