Poll on room cleaning if you have cruised in spring 2017

LMaxwell

Seeing on social media a question about room cleaning with 150 responses in one day, and, sadly, the responses are all over the map as to whether people were offered 1x or 2x a day cleaning, or not offered any choice, etc. I guess those rogue stewards are impossible for management to find and re-train.

This is not about whether you want 2x or 1x; it is about how was it messaged to you; were you offered 2x? Were you offered only 1X and told you had to choose? Was nothing said at all and you got 1x, or got 2X?

I just want to see peoples experience.

This is about what Carnival communicated, not what your personal preference is.

Got off Dream one week ago today.

We had 4 in an ocean suite. We prepay gratuities. Our room steward came by on day one with a Carnival piece of paper and asked us to circle morning, turn down or both and sign.

I circled turn down. I signed. (We thought since we are in the room a lot that we would only want once a day).

Well, 4 in a room.... next day we found him, changed our minds to twice a day service, gave him an extra $20.00 (cause we understand) and also asked for 2 ice buckets and twice a day ice. (My husband is an ice fanatic, plus we had boy voyage liquor and he would make jack and coke...plus we each brought on a 12 pack of something).

David found us a plastic bucket from somewhere in additiion to our ice bucket, so we always had plenty of ice.

TMI?

IMG_3059_zps2vyavzz2.jpg

Our sofa bed stayed out the whole time this time, which was new, but the kids (twin nearly 18 year olds) preferred it.

Dream, 4/16, OS. We were asked, we said turn down, Romeo said he would do 2x a day, it was no problem. So we went with 2x. We rarely saw them and the room was always clean and we had plenty of ice.

We got off Magic last Saturday. Asked on first day. Said we would like 2x daily. Got exactly that. Extremely happy with our room steward.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Was on the MAGIC last week of March. We met our room steward the first day. He gave us a slip of paper, that asked if we wanted morning, afternoon, or both for room cleaning. We told him we were fine with mornings only...our choice. He also asked if we needed robes, ice, etc. or anything else. It was all done face to face with us. Worked great, he always had our room done before lunchtime, but we are early risers.

Valor 4/22 had a GS saw the steward when we went to drop off carry on. He had a piece of paper with diff choices I told him both morn and evening and keep ice bucket filled. DH gave him a $20 then and another $50 last day. He did an excellent job! We saw him often in the hall he was always very friendly.

We were on Pride 19 Feb - 12 March. We were asked what we preferred, and I said both. We had satisfactory service, which was not easy for him, as My sister has a hard time getting out of bed before noon on sea days. On our next cruise I will ask for turn down only. Only 3 ports in 8 days, and one is a noon arrival. EM

On Magic now. No choices offered by steward. He is doing morning only. Have had to request robes, extra towel, extra pillows.

Off Paradise last week, everything above and beyond expectations, without choices or requests. Quite a difference!

Same here. I am recovering from a 2 year illness and one day I crapped out and stayed in PJs after getting back from port. David was chomping at the bit to get in the room. We switched out towels and let him in the next morning. I needed a night to have a down evening.

On the Splendor in late Feb thru early March. Steward had a printed card with morning, evening turn down or both to be checked off. It also had other things like ice, robes, extra hangers, pillows & special requests. We asked her if we checked off evening, if it would be more than just turn down service, she assured us it would be. She did as she had promised, our room was neatened up, fresh towels, ice, etc each evening.

On the other hand, my sister & mother were next door- same steward. Sister asked for 2x per day & was given some trouble about it. Sister had some very specific requests which were not done to her liking. Mom is 90 yrs old & she wanted to nap in the afternoons. Steward would not enter the cabin if anyone was in there, even though we told her we'd go out on the balcony while she did her thing. She used our being in there as an excuse to not do the 2x cleaning.

So while we were happy, sister felt she got sub standard service.

I've been on like 8 cruises and can't ever remember being asked how many times or when we wanted room cleaned. I just asked my wife and she said she didn't remember either. Is this new? Or just something we have missed

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

We were on the Conquest, 4/15. Our steward showed us a card on the first day and asked us if we wanted morning or evening service. I pointed out that there was an option for both and requested morning cleaning and evening turn down. He said, no problem. I asked for daily ice which he always had refilled. Very good service. He did an excellent job.

Conquest in Dec 2016- Met the steward as we dropped bags in the room. Was asked what we liked, and told him 2x a day service (no card). Got both, no problem. Also gave him an extra $5 for ice to be kept filled.

End of cruise- got excellent service and always had ice.

Glory in Feb 2017- First evening was met by steward with a card in his hand. Was asked to fill out what we wanted. Filled in both, got both and never hardly saw him again. Also left $5 for request for ice.

End of cruise-Got good service and ice as filled most of the time.

Breeze April 2017- Met steward first day. She asked what we would like. Told her both (no card). Also gave her $5 for ice and requested 1 robe.

End of cruise- got excellent service and ice was always filled.

Each time I always leave an extra $40 in the room besides always auto tips.

The room steward knocked on my door about 10am one morning and I told her to come back in about 30 minutes. I told her right there that I wanted one in the morning and one in the afternoon after 6 when I am at dinner. I am not sure if I would have been asked.

The room steward knocked on my door about 10am one morning and I told her to come back in about 30 minutes. I told her right there that I wanted one in the morning and one in the afternoon after 6 when I am at dinner. I am not sure if I would have been asked.

Actually she did asked me when I wanted her to come back (not the number of times). That's when I told her in the early mornings and after 6pm