RCI wine policy

We're going on our first cruise and my wife likes to have a glass of wine with dinner, bit doesn't drink enough to warrant buying the beverage package. I've read that RCI allows 2 bottles of wine to be brought onboard per stateroom and charges a corkage fee at the restaurants and bars to open bottle. Is this a one time fee for the first time the bottle is opened, or do you get charged every time they have to open the bottle at a different place? Can you avoid the fee if you open on your cabin for the first time and then bring to each restaurant throughout the cruise?

Sent from my HTC U11 life using Forums mobile app

In my understanding of the policy, you are allowed to take your glass of wine to dinner with you but not the bottle or you will be charged the corkage fee. Someone correct if this is not right.:rolleyes:

There are very few (if any) reports of corkage being charged. We were not charged in the MDR or Specialities on Jewel last November and on Explorer just a few weeks ago. It seems that the reintroduction of the corkage charge is being ignored by onboard staff.

Having said that - yes you can take two bottles onboard and I would take one into the DR on your first night. If they attempt to charge you corkage plead ignorance and from then on just take a glass in with you.

In my understanding of the policy, you are allowed to take your glass of wine to dinner with you but not the bottle or you will be charged the corkage fee. Someone correct if this is not right.:rolleyes:

Correct, you can take filled wine glasses to dinner without corkage fee.

Yes, you can open a bottle in your cabin and take a glass of wine to dinner with no charge. Your room steward will even supply you with wine glasses daily. Just ask, they are very accommodating. They are also likely to supply you with a corkscrew if you didn't bring one along. On our Jewel cruise last month, we did this and enjoyed a glass of wine on our balcony each evening before dinner. Also had to refill our glasses to take for the meal.

You can open your bottle yourself. Pour it and walk it. If you carry a bottle to the dr you can carry it back to your cabin when you leave. You can get wine glasses at any bar to have in your cabin.

Thank you for the quick replies. If we do take to DR, do they keep bottle and send to next DR for is or do we keep in our room so she can have a glass in the room too.

You can leave the bottle in the dining room. However, I'd only do that if the next time you want the wine you will in the same dining room. In other words, I would not leave the wine in the Main Dining Room if you want to use it in Chops the next night. While this is supposed to work fine, there can be long delays finding your wine. If you want flexibility, I'd take the wine with you.

Thank you all for the info. Being our first time cruising we have many questions. This is a great group were we've been able to get our questions answered or find the info from other posts. Definitely making the planning go along smoothly. Can't wait to actually get on the cruise with the family.

Sent from my HTC U11 life using Forums mobile app

Your are so very welcome and thanks for the nice words! I try to help out when I feel knowledgeable enough but our Host Clarea (Bob) is King!! He's the best in my opinion!!:hearteyes: Welcome to Cruise Critic and happy cruising!! Cheers!!:cool:

There are very few (if any) reports of corkage being charged. We were not charged in the MDR or Specialities on Jewel last November and on Explorer just a few weeks ago. It seems that the reintroduction of the corkage charge is being ignored by onboard staff.

Having said that - yes you can take two bottles onboard and I would take one into the DR on your first night. If they attempt to charge you corkage plead ignorance and from then on just take a glass in with you.

Good suggestion.

I've never been charged on Jewel or Indie(multiple venues) and will see what Radiance does in a few weeks!

We always start our cruise with a bottle of champange in one of the upper lounges, ask for an ice bucket and glasses. Never a corkage charge.

In the MDR we would take a bottle, waiter would typically say there was a corkage charge but would tell us it had been waived. I assume for a bigger tip. (That we would provide on the last night)

We always bring our two bottles on board with us. Have never taken the bottle to the dining room. Most of the time I bring my own corkscrew (or buy the convenient screw tops - there are some good ones now). Get glasses either from the room steward or the closest bar. Always pour a glass before leaving for dinner. No one has ever asked us to pay a corkage fee.

One time fee, $15 per bottle. Charge has nothing to do with opening the bottle. Consuming the bottle in a public venue subjects you to the charge.

We totally broke this law and bought bottles of wine every night to our 4 day enchantment cruise ( we had 2 cabins!) I guess we lucked out:)

We always start our cruise with a bottle of champange in one of the upper lounges, ask for an ice bucket and glasses. Never a corkage charge.

In the MDR we would take a bottle, waiter would typically say there was a corkage charge but would tell us it had been waived. I assume for a bigger tip. (That we would provide on the last night)

I do not doubt your report, but I'd like to know when this all took place.

The latest corkage fee was only instituted last summer.

Spot on right! :wine-glass::wine-glass:

You can leave the bottle in the dining room. However, I'd only do that if the next time you want the wine you will in the same dining room. In other words, I would not leave the wine in the Main Dining Room if you want to use it in Chops the next night. While this is supposed to work fine, there can be long delays finding your wine. If you want flexibility, I'd take the wine with you.

There is such a thing as left over wine in the bottle??!! :confused:;):bottle-pop::wine-glass:

You are welcome! But I have a suspicion that I keep getting defective wine bottles that have leaks in the bottom of them. :confused::eek:;p

I know what you mean. That's what I said to the sommelier about our wine glasses on our last Celebrity cruise. :D

I do not doubt your report, but I'd like to know when this all took place.

The latest corkage fee was only instituted last summer.

Since last summer 1 cruise on Freedom of the Seas. 3 on Majesty.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk