Place saver sign for Lido restaurant

sunonfire

I did a search and could not find any postings. I am thinking about bringing a computer printed sign to hold our table at the Lido Restaurant. In the past we have had to take turns getting food which is a pain. We have also had our table cleared by the bussers even though we had only gone for dessert. My husband has back issues so he wants to sit as soon as he gets his food. He hates having to look for me or a table. So I would prefer to pick out table before getting our food. We normally eat early to avoid the crowds. I know guests leave books to save a table. I just thought a sign would be better. Any thoughts?

I'd be surprised if this were to work for you... the servers would likely remove it if they saw it, and there's no guarantee that other cruisers would even heed the reserved sign, since it's not really allowed...

so now, instead of Chair Hogs, we'll have issues with Table Hogs? New threads everywhere, complaining about THOGS!!!!

FYI I am not nor have I ever been a pool chair hog. I just wanted to select a table before getting my food which we have always done. It is pain to take turns getting our food. I just wanted the least offensive way of holding a table. We eat and then leave. Our next cruise we are thinking of just eating in the Lido for dinner. I thought we would be getting up more for the many dinner courses -

FYI I am not nor have I ever been a pool chair hog. I just wanted to select a table before getting my food which we have always done. It is pain to take turns getting our food. I just wanted the least offensive way of holding a table. We eat and then leave. Our next cruise we are thinking of just eating in the Lido for dinner. I thought we would be getting up more for the many dinner courses -

It may be s pain to take turns. However since there I'd not enough tables for everyone. Why should you get to reserve a table.

Sent from my LG-H918 using Forums mobile app

I would probably remove the sign and sit down if it were an empty table, knowing that reserving tables on lido isn't allowed. There are normally at least 2 of us and never once had I felt like 1 of us sitting down while another went to get food is a problem. What I would suggest is putting the sign on the table in your cabin and reserving that table for your group. That way it's guaranteed and you can all come and go together. Then you have a table that will be guaranteed to be just you.

I understand what the OP is saying ....... BUT ...... that opens the door. Can you imagine walking into a Lido buffet and seeimg table signs all over by those holding tables? If it's hard for your husband to walk around to find you, why don't you just grab the table with him then let him get his food. he will then know where you are when he returns with his food. Exactly why is it a pain taking turns to get food?

You take the chance of it being thrown away by the busser or a fellow cruiser. Then you probably will lose the table. I rather not complicate matters and do it the proven old fashioned way with a butt in the seat.:cool:

If I saw a homemade Reserved sign on a Lido table and there wasn't an empty table nearby, I'd take the sign and throw it away.

What kind of incredible narcissism does it take for someone to assume they don't have to follow the same rules everyone else does?

If I saw a homemade Reserved sign on a Lido table and there wasn't an empty table nearby, I'd take the sign and throw it away.

What kind of incredible narcissism does it take for someone to assume they don't have to follow the same rules everyone else does?

I love you...

• Like 1

Every buffet I've ever been to in my life requires a butt in a seat to save a table. It is a pain, but you just have to work around it like everyone else.

Lido buffet in the evenings isn't crowded at all and you'll have no problem getting food together and finding a seat.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

There would be no need to do this at dinner. There are far more empty tables than occupied tables.

I did a search and could not find any postings. I am thinking about bringing a computer printed sign to hold our table at the Lido Restaurant. In the past we have had to take turns getting food which is a pain. We have also had our table cleared by the bussers even though we had only gone for dessert. My husband has back issues so he wants to sit as soon as he gets his food. He hates having to look for me or a table. So I would prefer to pick out table before getting our food. We normally eat early to avoid the crowds. I know guests leave books to save a table. I just thought a sign would be better. Any thoughts?

Yes, taking turns getting food is indeed a pain but it's what other passengers do.

I'm sorry your husband has back issues Everyone has a story.

You don't have a table in the Lido. The tables are for anyone to use. I know if I saw it I'd take said sign so the table can be enjoyed first come, first served as it's supposed to be. If you want to "save" a table, plant a butt in it.

I'm not OP, but I'm traveling solo. Hard to "plant a butt in it" if you need to get up and get something and you're by yourself.

Because my husb has some mobility issues, we find an easily accessed table, he goes for his food, i place an old jacket over the back of one chair, I go get drinks and silverware and place on table, then I go get my food too. I have never had someone clear away wrapped silverware and fresh drinks, plus my jacket, from the table.

The reason that I asked is because I could not find any information. You said it is not allowed but where does it say that - not on Carnival’s website. If a book or piece of clothing will do, then that’s what I’ll do.

Common courtesy does not have to be on the website. You are not the only one on the cruise.

The reason that I asked is because I could not find any information. You said it is not allowed but where does it say that - not on Carnival’s website. If a book or piece of clothing will do, then that’s what I’ll do.

Depending on my mood and need for a table, I might ignore that too. I don't recognize a sign unless it is an official Carnival sign. Depending on my mood, I might tear up a homemade sign. I only consider a table taken if people are sitting at it or there are plates full of clearly uneaten food.