Price drop Anthem!

hockey1963

Hi, new to Royal its been years! Do prices tend to drop after final for the Anthem out of NJ in April? The ship still has lots of rooms left from what I can see and I called and they said there are still plenty of rooms left.

Unfortunately, price trends are not predictable.

• 6 months later...
Any category with 50 cabins left will likely have price drops but could happen even before final.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Do they automaticly give you the drop or do you have to call to get the price drop?

Do they automaticly give you the drop or do you have to call to get the price drop?

Note: Price drops are not available after final payment date (not the date that you make the final payment). after that date you can choose to change to a higher category if it makes financial sense to you (be aware that you may lose perks by doing so).

Steve

The cruise I booked 2 weeks ago on the Anthem is now $100 cheaper today.

April 6th 2019

Check on the current promotion. If you received OBC when you booked two weeks ago, and there is no OBC being offered now, you can get the $100 lower price, but will lose the OBC.

Monitoring Anthem 7/26/18 where 5 weeks till sailing there are still roughly 50 balcony and 30 js available. Yet aside from a gty offer that moves up and down slightly prices have remained stubbornly high.

Strange but true:

On several occasions recently Anthem Aug-Sep 2018 cheapest available balcony price on 9 night Caribbean sailings has been lower than 5 night Bermuda sailings. 4 days for free!

I have been looking for last minute deals or price drops on all lines from the NY area for years. They just don't seem to happen like they do in Florida. The Northeast has a very dense population, a short sailing season if you want to travel in warm weather, which is also the peak vacation season and the ships are new which also draws a demand. I booked the Anthem for the first week in June next year. I booked the least expensive unobstructed balcony and that category is sold out now.

Just to be clear IF our cruise price went down ....

*We call Royal ( we don't use T.A.'s)

*It IS after Final Payment, we're all paid up, so all's good.

*We have a Cabin w/Large Balcony (Deck 10).

* So, I guess then we just are moved by Royal to the next Balcony Cabin upgrade. Instead of reduction in price, since its paid.

Ok, I'll start checking! We leave in a bit over 60 days. Thanks for posting the info OP, and other helpful CC Members.

:D Bobbi

Just to be clear IF our cruise price went down ....

*We call Royal ( we don't use T.A.'s)

*It IS after Final Payment, we're all paid up, so all's good.

*We have a Cabin w/Large Balcony (Deck 10).

* So, I guess then we just are moved by Royal to the next Balcony Cabin upgrade. Instead of reduction in price, since its paid.

Ok, I'll start checking! We leave in a bit over 60 days. Thanks for posting the info OP, and other helpful CC Members.

:D Bobbi

The category above yours is a Junior Suite. You would have to find a JS price at or lower than your balcony price. Or be willing to pay the difference between what you paid and what a JS costs now.

I just logged on to the Royal Caribbean web site. There was a tab for New York residents rate. I got so excited because I have never seen that before. I click on the link only to find that they are 4 day cruises out of Miami to the Bahamas. What a tease!