Table for two

txd

Are there tables for two at MDR? My husband and I would like to have a special vacation for just two of us.

We booked anytime dinner.

Thanks in advance

Yes there are but be warned that many of them are within 18 inches (and sometimes even closer!) to the next table for two. Tables for two are very popular and there may be a wait for one in Anytime Dining during the most popular hours (6:30 to 7:30)

On the older ships the tables for 2 are pretty close together but on the Regal & Royal they spaced them further apart for a little more privacy.

There also appears to be more of them on those ships & we recently got one in Allegro on the Royal which has never happened for us on other ships despite requesting a table for two for early traditional dining.

When requesting ATD like the OP, we get a table for 2 by following the previously recommended procedure to arrive either early or late. Again they were easier to get on the Royal & Regal than on other classes of ships.

Yes there are but be warned that many of them are within 18 inches (and sometimes even closer!) to the next table for two. Tables for two are very popular and there may be a wait for one in Anytime Dining during the most popular hours (6:30 to 7:30)

It has been our finding that 18 inches is very liberal estimate. The table for 2 is a fantasy. We have experienced maybe 6 inches or so and the 2 top tables are anything but private. Often times when given a table for 2 we have entered into conversations with the tables on either side of us. So much for privacy on a ship that holds 3000+ pax.

Dinner at 7:45 to 8:30 every night and request a table for four with only the two of you seated. If M'd* that seats you on the first night balks, that's what Mr Jackson is for or at least Mr Hamilton.

* Mad Dog

Never had to bribe anyone to get a table we wanted. Those two Presidents stay in their graves for the cruise.

On some ships you can call and make a reservation for a table for 2 for Anytime dining. The reservations open at 8 AM. We were successful doing that on the Crown this fall each morning if I called shortly after they opened. Our reservations were always for around 7 PM. I know some people don't like it that reservations are taken for Anytime. However, the people letting you in the door at the MDR were recommending them....YMMV

:)

Plenty of 2 tops but very close together.

While we usually do anytime dining with shared tables while cruising alone, we have had occasion to ask for a two top away from others if one of us felt we were coming down with a cold. On every occurrence, they found a table away from those that are close together. I do know that most two tops are lined up very close to each other, though.

Are there tables for two at MDR? My husband and I would like to have a special vacation for just two of us.

We booked anytime dinner.

Thanks in advance

Yes there are and now with that said our last cruise we had the late dining and ask for a table for two prior to the cruise, first night in the MDR our "table for two" was a table that normally seats 10, we were concerned and ask if anyone was joining us, the reply was no and this is your table, plenty of room.

Are the tables for two back to back, or side to side? It's been a long time since we've cruised with Princess.:)

My experiences have been that most of them are next to each other...one side is a long banquette style padded seating & the other person is seated on a chair. There was enough room for one person at a time to go between tables to the banquette seating.

Agree with all previous posters but...on the first night, have a quiet word with the Head Waiter on the Door. Tell him it's a special vacation and ask if he can find you a special table for the whole cruise. It'll still be the crammed together two tops but you may get one by a window which only leaves one table 18 ins from you. Ignore them other than a good evening smile and you'll pretty much be left alone. If, like me you like to wear cocktail dresses then before you sit on the dreadful vinyl bench seat put you table napkin on it otherwise your legs will stick.

We are just off the Crown this past Saturday and had Anytime Dining. There are so many people making reservations now that you really need one if you want a table for two. We had a forty five minute wait one night and they finally ended up bringing a bunch of us up to Traditional Dining room to be seated. We also got major attitude every night when we told the hostess we did not want to share a table.

We are just off the Crown this past Saturday and had Anytime Dining. There are so many people making reservations now that you really need one if you want a table for two. We had a forty five minute wait one night and they finally ended up bringing a bunch of us up to Traditional Dining room to be seated. We also got major attitude every night when we told the hostess we did not want to share a table.

The wait time can vary greatly depending on what time you showed up at the door.

what time did you arrive and what was the general age of the crowd?

If one chooses to dine alone, will the request be accommodated in the MDR? The reason I ask is I have an upcoming cruise and I am traveling solo. I always select a large table as I like to converse with the other guests. On my last two cruises our tables were the very last to leave the dining room and I never got to the show for a good seat. I'm starting to think that I'm the problem. I eat very slow and I do like to talk with table mates. So as much as I do not want to pass on a shared table I'm thinking that if I dine alone I have a better chance of making the show.

Are the tables for two back to back, or side to side? It's been a long time since we've cruised with Princess.:)

Most of the 2 tops are side by side with one side being a long padded leather bench shared by all and the other side a chair. Problem is that they put two tables within inches of each other and then every two tables they leave a very small gap that allows pax to get into the bench seating. So in reality pax are sitting at a 4 top with the next 4 top an arms length away. So much for privacy.

If one chooses to dine alone, will the request be accommodated in the MDR? The reason I ask is I have an upcoming cruise and I am traveling solo. I always select a large table as I like to converse with the other guests. On my last two cruises our tables were the very last to leave the dining room and I never got to the show for a good seat. I'm starting to think that I'm the problem. I eat very slow and I do like to talk with table mates. So as much as I do not want to pass on a shared table I'm thinking that if I dine alone I have a better chance of making the show.

On our cruise last year we were at a 6 top and had two single ladies traveling in separate cabins sitting with us. Like you they liked to talk and eat slowly. We were always the last table to leave the MDR and yes, miss the shows. They were very nice and we enjoyed sharing a table with them but OMG they were s l o w!