Carnival Toilet Paper Quality

milford7355

I know this may be a crappy question-----butt,

What is the quality of the bathroom tissue they provide? Is it recommended to bring my own high quality bio-degradable supply.

Maybe a silly question, however, extremely important to me.

Thanks

I was told the tp and tissues were made to dissolve in septic systems.

Regular charmin is not made for septic systems. Unless you are going to buy paper that easily dissolves please dont imo.

I live in a apt built in the 50s with old pipes and even regular tp here can stop up my toilet. takes up to 3 days to go on down by itself. luckily i have 2 toilets, but make sure you dont bring regular charmin if you care about stopping up the pipes. It happens a lot on ships, pipes stopping up because some people put in things not made to dissolve.

all grocery stores sell tp and klenex made for septic systems and it says right on the pkg which is which.

Take your own but ask for the bio-hazard bags they use for diapers and put the used paper in there.

Anyone who does this is antisocial. Don't even go saying it's a medical necessity because it's not. My ancestors used pine cones and tree bark and when my other ancestors arrived on their genocidal quest, they commented how terrible the European hygeine practices were.

The quality of the toilet paper is the cheapest they can find, same as all the lines.

The paper provided is not "marine quality". In 42 years, I've never had a clogged toilet from "improper" toilet paper. Bring your own if that floats your boat.

While there are toilet papers that are designated for "septic systems" such that they will dissolve more quickly, the flow rate through the ship's sanitation system (800-2000 metric tons/day (200,000-500,000 gallons/day), compared to your home at around 200 gallons/day, it really doesn't matter what toilet paper is used. Ships also have macerators to chew up any paper in the waste flow, unlike your home.

Having said that, there is a major difference between toilet paper and facial tissues on one hand, and cosmetic, baby, or toilet "wipes" on the other. Toilet paper and facial tissue uses "pressed" paper fibers to make the paper, and this will dissolve in time. Wipes and paper towels use "woven" fibers, and in some cases plastic fibers to create strength, and these will not break down, and will likely cause blockages in the vacuum piping.

Anyone who does this is antisocial. Don't even go saying it's a medical necessity because it's not. My ancestors used pine cones and tree bark and when my other ancestors arrived on their genocidal quest, they commented how terrible the European hygeine practices were.
What does wanting decent quality toilet paper have to do with being antisocial?

If you want to use the rationale of hey our ancestors had it much worse we could apply that to anything, why use the beds there either[emoji23]

Sent from my SM-N910T using Forums mobile app

Travelling with 6 year old and was planning to bring toilet wipes for him. Is that ok? I think they are biodegradable.

Sent from my SM-G930W8 using Forums mobile app

They shouldn't be thrown into the toilet and flushed. After use put them in the bags that are in the bathroom that are mainly used for other purposes.

Travelling with 6 year old and was planning to bring toilet wipes for him. Is that ok? I think they are biodegradable.

Sent from my SM-G930W8 using Forums mobile app

You can bring them, and you can use them, but you can't flush them. Use the sanitary napkin disposal bag. Biodegradable or not, they play havoc with vacuum toilet systems.

And many products claim to be biodegradable, but they don't say how long it takes to break down.

Me thinks there are a lot of very sensitive tushes out there! LOL.

IMO, Carnival toilet paper does the job, and I can live with the lack of plushness, for a week or so lol, just me though...to each their own.

I have enough to lug aboard with me without worrying about bringing toilet paper.