Coke products

scrapycruiser

You can't bring water or soda with you but someone said a few days ago that after you go thru security there is a vending machine and you can buy sodas to take with you. There were Coke products in the machine they had a picture of. Not sure if they have the machines at every port??

Can you bring sodas on the Pride of America?

NCL does not allow beverages of any kind, including water, to be brought on board. The only exception is wine and you are charged a $15 corkage fee per bottle.

You can't bring water or soda with you but someone said a few days ago that after you go thru security there is a vending machine and you can buy sodas to take with you. There were Coke products in the machine they had a picture of. Not sure if they have the machines at every port??

Certainly not at every port.

Discussions about soda machines after the scanners relate to just one or two ports

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Incorrect. Not in Hawaii and definitely not at every port on any cruise itinerary.

I'll never understand why people care this much about soda.
I very much enjoy a refreshing cold Coca-Cola. I miss not having it while on an NCL ship, that is why I care about it. I feel sorry for you if you will never understand why people care for things they enjoy, I can only assume you don't enjoy anything enough to care about it. :confused::(

I very much enjoy a refreshing cold Coca-Cola. I miss not having it while on an NCL ship, that is why I care about it. I feel sorry for you if you will never understand why people care for things they enjoy, I can only assume you don't enjoy anything enough to care about it. :confused::(

I also enjoy a refreshing, cold Coca-Cola. But if I go a month where one is not conveniently available, it doesn't matter in the slightest.

And for me, it’s Coke Zero. [emoji1] It’s a bummer that NCL doesn’t allow any beverages to be brought on board. I buy my soda on shore and drink flavored water (bring my own flavoring) or water with lemon on the ship. Never been a Pepsi drinker...

Sent from my iPad using Forums

I prefer coke products to pepsi, but I don't care enough about it to worry about bringing my own soda on vacation. At the end of the day, it's a sugary beverage. I was able to go the 7 days without drinking any cola products.

I understand that people care about things they enjoy, but I can't imaging caring this much about a beverage.

In addition, there are posts stating that in the ports that have soda machines, there has been secondary security getting on the ship where these items have been confiscated.

Generally, people are only referring to embarkation ports when mentioning the "load up on Coke bottles" strategy.

I've never seen security confiscate beverages after initial security at an embarkation port although it may happen.

I'll vouch for the fact that there was a fully loaded Coke machine past security when embarking in Tampa, AND that there was a security guard hovering nearby who told my husband, as he was about to buy a bottle, "You can't take that on board. You have to drink it here." So yes, they are watching past security, at least sometimes, and they won't let you take it onboard even though it's being sold in their own boarding area. (DH argued with him about it for a while.)

I'll vouch for the fact that there was a fully loaded Coke machine past security when embarking in Tampa, AND that there was a security guard hovering nearby who told my husband, as he was about to buy a bottle, "You can't take that on board. You have to drink it here." So yes, they are watching past security, at least sometimes, and they won't let you take it onboard even though it's being sold in their own boarding area. (DH argued with him about it for a while.)

That sucks. :(

I guess someone has to make a spreadsheet of embarkation ports that have Coke products after security AND allow guests to bring them on-board...

Haha. Good to know they hired a security guard to guard the coca cola. So many ways to get past than I cannot even begin.

That sucks. :(

I guess someone has to make a spreadsheet of embarkation ports that have Coke products after security AND allow guests to bring them on-board...

Last year, in NOLA, I had no problem at all buying and carrying on my Cokes and Dr. Peppers.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

As many have the UBP I don't see as much an issue letting people buy from the machine but I guess the ones buying probably don't have UBP. If the money went to NCL then I think they would take a very different approach to the vending machine if it charged enough and believe me it would be worth quite a bit to Coke drinkers on the cruise.

It is very sad not have diet Coke on the ship as I cannot stomach the taste of diet Pepsi. I suppose we can just "go without" a lot of things but just like the liquor package it's nice to indulge in the things we like while we're on vacation and for many enjoying a Coke each day might be a substitute for a cup of coffee.