Glow Party

travellgirl

What exactly is the Glow Party?

I have heard you wear white?

We have been on Azamara and they have a White Party where everyone wears white and dinner is served outside by the pool and there is entertainment.

Is this something similar?

Thank you.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

What exactly is the Glow Party?

I have heard you wear white?

We have been on Azamara and they have a White Party where everyone wears white and dinner is served outside by the pool and there is entertainment.

Is this something similar?

Thank you.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

It is a dance party held at night. People wear white or neon colors. Fun times!

The Glow party is when the DJ plays lots of BOOM BOOM BOOM loud music, and the entertainment staff screams nonstop into microphones, "Everybody dance!", "Is everyone having fun?", "Let's party!!" and stuff like that over and over again. That's about it.

• Haha 1

I'll throw in my 10 cents, having been on the Escape semi-recently.

I preferred the '80s Party to the Glow Party. The entertainment staff was dressed up as famous '80s singers and musicians and they played fun '80s songs/videos for everyone to sing along and dance to. The staff all Thriller danced at one point. The Glow Party was more generic club music. It was SO crowded. People brought their kids, and I was surprised they weren't all trampled. As time went on, it improved because some people ditched and the floor cleared out a bit, but at the beginning, it was a nightmare.

What I was impressed by--and I've been impressed by this on every ship with loud outdoor events at night--is how you'd have no idea it was going on if you weren't right there. You couldn't even hear it that well when the doors to Spice H2O were closed. Ships have some impressive soundproofing!

I preferred the '80s Party to the Glow Party. The entertainment staff was dressed up as famous '80s singers and musicians and they played fun '80s songs/videos for everyone to sing along and dance to. The staff all Thriller danced at one point. The Glow Party was more generic club music. It was SO crowded. People brought their kids, and I was surprised they weren't all trampled. As time went on, it improved because some people ditched and the floor cleared out a bit, but at the beginning, it was a nightmare.

What I was impressed by--and I've been impressed by this on every ship with loud outdoor events at night--is how you'd have no idea it was going on if you weren't right there. You couldn't even hear it that well when the doors to Spice H2O were closed. Ships have some impressive soundproofing!

Do they only do the glow party now or do they do both? Going on Escape in June

• 2 weeks later...

So true! My SIL is very anti-cruising and part of it is I don't think she can envision how you can have so many different experiences onboard. Just because there is a massively loud party going on in one place, you could be lounging elsewhere or having a lovely quiet meal and never know!