A young British couple on P&O for 14 days(Singapore to Bris) in August....good idea?

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts
BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
All times are GMT -4.
The time now is 01:18 AM.
Batehaven, Australia
10,485 Posts
Joined Mar 2006
Originally posted by Velvetwater
Booked the cruise! Staying a few days either side too

I can't stand London so we are flying out of Manchester on Singapore Airlines.

Manchester-Singapore then Brisbane-Singapore-manchester flights.

To say its in the UK summer hols flights were a bargain £857 each which is around ($1130)

I don't mind long haul travelling (I train all through Europe usually) but do have a fear of flying.
Well done, enjoy. Your price of AU$1130 UK - OZ is about the same as Singapore A/L price here currently. My brother paid $1200 (inc taxes) Brisvegas - LHR - Brisvegas in May/June next year.

BTW don't you like Heefrow, love it and the M25, must be something wrong with me.
But I suppose if you reside in the North of England, Manchester is convenient, even from Warwickshire where you are. Does Birmingham A/P just do UK and European flights?
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
Cheers..(Uncle) LES - Princess Captains Circle Elite. - 460 days.

Cruised with Princess, Celebrity, Cunard, P&O Australia, P&O UK, Carnival, Sitmar, Sydney Harbour Ferries. World Cruise, plus British Isles, Europe, Med, Greek Isles, Transatlantic, Asia, USA, Panama Canal, South America, Central America, Caribbean, Alaska, Canada, Japan, South Pacific, Australia, New Zealand.!

**Last cruise: Queen Mary 2 - Sydney - HK, 16 nights, 2 - 18 March 2017.

**Next: (We were booked on Adonia x 2, but they sold the ship on us.)
Sapphire Princess - 26 May 2018, Scandinavia, ex Southampton - 7 nights B2B with..
Sapphire Princess - 2 June 2018, Baltic Heritage, ex Southampton - 14 nights.
Royal Princess - 18 June 2018 - British Isles, ex Southampton - 12 nights.

'Adventure before Dementia - Live for Today !!'
Warwickshire UK
2,635 Posts
Joined Apr 2013
Not a fan of most things in London these days. Seen all the obvious and cultural bits many times now. Its a shame I dislike London as for us its under 2 hours on the train to get there. Our Manchester flights are Singapore Airlines also and Manchester is one the major airports here outside of London.

We are super close to Birmingham as you guessed but although it does intercontinental flights it would involve 2 stops and a bigger expense. To say its our 2nd biggest city its airport is quite limited.

Manchester is amazing though and closer to where I grew up (Peak district in Derbyshire). I am a girl of the countryside I guess.
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature

Norway 10 day on the Norwegian Jade August 2017
Mediterranean 12 day on Carnival Vista August 2016
Atlantic Coast 7 day on the Royal Caribbean Independence of the seas May 2016
Mediterranean 13 day on the Celebrity Equinox August 2015
Panama Canal and Caribbean 13 day on the Carnival Legend August 2014
Baltic 12 day on the Carnival Legend August 2013