Diamond lounge over spill

On some ships, the Diamond Lounge is very nice. Especially if it is in the Viking Crown space. They have continental breakfast with a fancy coffee machine and fruits, cheeses, etc. At cocktail time there are hot and cold appetizers and little sweet bites and chocolate strawberries. All you care to drink with limited spirits.

The people are usually friendly and we have a good time. Sometimes there can be snobby, mean-spirited people too. We ignore those.

It is not just the exclusivity, it's really a great space (the best on the ship in my opinion) ,great food, free drinks and good friends.

Margee

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Exactly explained.

Sent from my Kestrel using Forums mobile app

We are elite on Celebrity and enjoy the free happy hour. Our first two RCI cruises are next year out of Sydney. First, we have Radiance of the Seas on a cruise to NZ, then Explorer of the Seas TransPacific to Seattle. We are Diamond because of our status on Celebrity and looking forward to the lounge.

From what I have read on these boards, Royal loads three drinks in your key card for every day that you can use outside of the lounge, but while in the lounge, you have unlimited drinks.

We enjoy the happy hour as a way to meet our friends, some we just met on the cruise, then move on later to dinner, sometimes with our friends. We are dining any time.

The size of DL really depends on the ship. On Oasis, the space is small. On Adventure and Anthem there is more comfortable seating. I've seen some Diamond members spill out into the Viking Lounge on Adventure in order to sit with their non-Diamond friends.

My family loves the DL and enjoy going there for a snack and drink before an early dinner.

Adventure was definitely my favorite Diamond Club/Lounge so far. On Oasis it was only overcrowded right at 5pm, we ended up waiting till first seating of dinner and it was reasonable. Majesty, otherwise know as "The Diamond Maker" ;) had an open area up in the VCl.

Adventure was definitely my favorite Diamond Club/Lounge so far. On Oasis it was only overcrowded right at 5pm, we ended up waiting till first seating of dinner and it was reasonable. Majesty, otherwise know as "The Diamond Maker" ;) had an open area up in the VCl.

Navigator out of Rome May 2013 was our favourite because there was a fantastic group of Americans in the lounge and we were like a family, great friends.

I would expect Symphony to be designed like Harmony, where they put the DL down in the dungeon. I believe it's down where the comedy venue is on Oasis and Allure. No windows.

Yes, according to the latest deck plans the DL is in the same location as it is on Harmony.

Yes, according to the latest deck plans the DL is in the same location as it is on Harmony.

Well, that probably means the DL on Oasis and Allure will be moved down there at some point.

I really enjoy the VCL Diamond area on the MJ. There always seems to be room and they have good munchies. I enjoyed that spot more than some of the CL/DL's.

I am guessing there is some magic percentage of D and above to open an overflow room. Some cruises are packed with C&A members and others are relatively low. We've seen dramatic changes from week to week on a B2B. If the lounge is too crowded, or of a ship doesn't have one ( Empress), simply use one of the vouchers loaded on your seapass card.

Enjoy

M

I really enjoy the VCL Diamond area on the MJ. There always seems to be room and they have good munchies. I enjoyed that spot more than some of the CL/DL's.

Thanks Ellen - Sailing Majesty B2B in a few weeks. Haven't been on a Sovereign class since the Monarch was in Port Canaveral! We are not fans of the lounges and prefer to use a voucher in a bar (especially the bar in Central Park on Oasis), but we will definably give the D area on Majesty a try.

Marci

Don't forget that they already moved the DL on Oasis (briefly) after her last drydock when they tried to add Wonderland.

True, wasn't that move to some side room off the MDR? I thought one of the problems with that was some sort of step that precluded scooters and wheelchairs from using it.

True, wasn't that move to some side room off the MDR? I thought one of the problems with that was some sort of step that precluded scooters and wheelchairs from using it.

Yes, it was on deck 4 on the opposite side of Izumi at the front of the MDR. Not sure about the step issue.

We are Diamond plus now and on some ships get the Concierge lounge. It was not that way on the Harmony, grr, and their lounge was indoors , no glass. Our last trip to Greece, we had a small but beautiful CL. I met the people who had the Royal Suite and I went up and played piano for them! Party! We always meet fun people there who frequently cruise or travel. It's a great place to chill.

We are Diamond plus now and on some ships get the Concierge lounge. It was not that way on the Harmony, grr, and their lounge was indoors , no glass. Our last trip to Greece, we had a small but beautiful CL. I met the people who had the Royal Suite and I went up and played piano for them! Party! We always meet fun people there who frequently cruise or travel. It's a great place to chill.

Last year on Harmony the snacks in the DL were probably the best of any DLs we have been in.

On some ships, the Diamond Lounge is very nice. Especially if it is in the Viking Crown space. They have continental breakfast with a fancy coffee machine and fruits, cheeses, etc. At cocktail time there are hot and cold appetizers and little sweet bites and chocolate strawberries. All you care to drink with limited spirits.

The people are usually friendly and we have a good time. Sometimes there can be snobby, mean-spirited people too. We ignore those.

It is not just the exclusivity, it's really a great space (the best on the ship in my opinion) ,great food, free drinks and good friends.

Margee

This is how we think of it, too. We look for the friendly/fun people in the DL.

On Radiance/NB Alaska cruise two weeks ago, there were never more than 20 people in the DL, with one of the best views on the ship. We love the location of the DL on the Radiance class, and if the crowd is large, they can open the door to the lounge next door.

Really I'd have thought Alaska was for those who have done all the other cruuses, it's one we are thinking about.

We just completed our third Alaskan cruise tour (one with Princess and two with Royal Caribbean). On our latest, on Radiance of the Seas, my wife and I were the only Pinnacles on board, and on a subsequent cruise on Anthem, we were two of the only four onboard. Concierge lounge on both ships was relatively uncrowded during happy hour.

I suspect that we will not be as "alone" on our upcoming repositioning cruise on Serenade in October.

Our Alaska cruise tour was an excellent one and one in which we actually got to join the 30% club (those who actually get to see Denali (from Talkeetna Lodge). Spectacular scenery and great treatment all along the way. Don't hesitate to book it.