Mini bar for Elite

Warrior Princess

I think I read somewhere that we can exchange the mini liquor bottles for beer ... 1 to 1. Is that true??

On our cruise last month, we could exchange the liquor for beer, but they would only let us exchange for Dos Equis or Heineken. We wanted Bud Light, but we ended up having to pay for those separately.

I always exchange all my liquor for beer. Every time, including my last cruise 2 weeks ago, I have been able to exchange for Coors Light. On only one cruise I could not and had to get Dos Equis.

Just reached Elite on our last cruise so next one on Saphire we should get mini bar what does this include and do we get one each. We do not drink spirits so can we swop for 2 coffee cards:evilsmile:

Minibar includes the following. They may substitute things for something similar but generally...

2 cans coke, 2 cans Sprite

2 bottles water, 2 bottles Perrier

2 cans tonic water

2 shooters each of whiskey, courvasier, gin, vodka

2 beers like dos xs

Generally you can swap like for like with your steward ..ie swap 2 whiskeys for 2 vodkas, or 2 cokes for 2 more sprites. No guarantee, but just ask.

On our cruise last month, we could exchange the liquor for beer, but they would only let us exchange for Dos Equis or Heineken. We wanted Bud Light, but we ended up having to pay for those separately.

On the Regal last month, I swapped out mine for Bud Lights and Diet Cokes. No problem

Minibar includes the following. They may substitute things for something similar but generally...

2 cans tonic water

2 beers like dos xs

Generally you can swap like for like with your steward ..ie swap 2 whiskeys for 2 vodkas, or 2 cokes for 2 more sprites. No guarantee, but just ask.

Room service does the swapping. Give them a call.

If you ask the steward, he/she just has to call room service.

Yay ... thanks to the posts that answered my question. I like Dos Equis and my DH likes Heineken ... so we are good to go.

The problem we have with beer/soda in the cabin is that the "cooler" (it is not a real fridge) does not get those items cold enough for our taste. With soda we can use ice, but with beer it is not a good thing. When I want a cold beer I get it at one of the bars. As to our mini-bar we normally exchange it for coffee cards (or now the new electronic alternative).

Hank

2 cans tonic water

2 beers like dos xs

You can swap out alcohol for alcohol OR non-alcohol. You can swap out non-alcohol only for non-alcohol.

We switched out ours to all cokes and sprite.

Just reached Elite on our last cruise so next one on Saphire we should get mini bar what does this include and do we get one each. We do not drink spirits so can we swop for 2 coffee cards:evilsmile:

Princess is very flexible, we switch liquor we don't like for liquor do we like and switch out all soda for water since we don't drink soda. Call room service and tell them what you want to do.

With the soft drinks, we have been able to exchange for anything on the room service menu. DH likes ginger ale and Diet Coke, so that's what we usually get. With the new coffee packages expiring at the end of the cruise, it would not be worth it to us to exchange our minibar unless it was a really long cruise. Neither of us drinks the complimentary brewed coffee that comes with it. DH drinks just one cappuccino a night.

With the soft drinks, we have been able to exchange for anything on the room service menu. DH likes ginger ale and Diet Coke, so that's what we usually get. With the new coffee packages expiring at the end of the cruise, it would not be worth it to us to exchange our minibar unless it was a really long cruise. Neither of us drinks the complimentary brewed coffee that comes with it. DH drinks just one cappuccino a night.

Do they have diet ginger ale?

The problem we have with beer/soda in the cabin is that the "cooler" (it is not a real fridge) does not get those items cold enough for our taste. When I want a cold beer I get it at one of the bars.

Hank

I agree the beer is never cold enough, the second I meet the room steward, I ask him for a champagne ice bucket or if easier for him I will take one of those buckets they fill with the beer package - full of ice. I than use that to keep the beers really cold.

Make sure you put in on a towel - or the sweat from the container goes everywhere.... don't ask how I know.. :-0