Ask your Edge questions here!

CaroleSS

OK, so the maiden voyage is coming up soon and everyone has questions! I thought I’d start a thread where people could post questions and those on the first few cruises could answer as many as possible.

I know that there will be lots of pictures posted as well as reviews, but the questions you have might help shape those postings.

OK, so the maiden voyage is coming up soon and everyone has questions! I thought I’d start a thread where people could post questions and those on the first few cruises could answer as many as possible.

I know that there will be lots of pictures posted as well as reviews, but the questions you have might help shape those postings.

Great idea, Carole! :D

I will be bringing my tape measure so will try to measure as many cabin areas/ fixtures as possible and will start a spreadsheet. Will be trying to finalize our cabins crawls soon to see what we will have to view and measure. :D

I think this is an excellent idea. We are on a back to back sailing in March, concierge class in an accessible cabin. I understand this will have an infinity balcony. I am making an assumption that the bed will be by the bathroom, as this is the way they are usually set up. At this point I have not seeing any photos of these cabins. We will be on deck nine. If anyone has the opportunity to post some pictures of these cabins it would be greatly appreciated. Thank you.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

I think this is an excellent idea. We are on a back to back sailing in March, concierge class in an accessible cabin. I understand this will have an infinity balcony. I am making an assumption that the bed will be by the bathroom, as this is the way they are usually set up. At this point I have not seeing any photos of these cabins. We will be on deck nine. If anyone has the opportunity to post some pictures of these cabins it would be greatly appreciated. Thank you.

Check out this post to see about bed locations on Edge

You should be able to tell from the deck plans if you zoom in

This has been posted elsewhere but the attached USA Today article has pictures of the Infinite Veranda cabins and other areas of the new and exciting Edge!

https://www.usatoday.com/picture-gallery/travel/cruises/2018/09/13/celebrity-cruises-edge-ship-first-look-photo-tour/1284728002/

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

:D

The deck plans don’t have the indentation to tell us where the bed is located for the accessible cabins (not configured with the indentation). Will try to see one of these cabins on my cruises or hopefully someone who is in an accessible cabin can report back. :D

Edited by vtcruising

QUESTIONS RE INF VERANDA CABIN we are in AQ Class

Will we be able to use the niche on side of the closet for florals or other items or is there a fixed decorative seashell there..?

What is the set up inside the closet...shelves ...hanging bars..safe...drawers?

Are there drawers or shelves on small night stands?

Any hooks in cabin or on bathroom door?

Will we be able to easily have breakfast on the Veranda or in cabin ?

Is there a clothesline in the shower?

Will luggage fit under the bed?

Thanks

Edited by hcat

:D

The deck plans don’t have the indentation to tell us where the bed is located for the accessible cabins (not configured with the indentation). Will try to see one of these cabins on my cruises or hopefully someone who is in an accessible cabin can report back. :D

Looking at the deck plans, I would venture a guess that the accessible cabins follow the pattern of all those without the indentations: if there is a square denoting a convertible bed in the cabin, the bed will be by the bath. If no square, the bed will be by the window or slider.

Thanks for starting this thread. Great idea:)

I have the same question and will update the thread once I board on 12/6. I am taking the redeye into Florida from LA and I plan on going to the terminal around 9 am, like I always do. I have never had a problem getting on early. I would hope, I am not made to wait around to board if others are already getting on the ship due to an " appointment time." But we will see. I image a lot of people will arrive early just because of all the excitement of a new ship!

My question is: Is Celebrity sticking to the boarding times shown on the boarding pass? In the past we've shown up as early as possible to maximize the 1st day. Am curious how this will work with the Edge.

We are sailing March 31st...can wait for the first reviews to sail in :D

Really not sure what to ask....I’m torn between wanting to know lots and lots prior to getting on board, and getting there and just discovering all the great stuff. With that said, I’d LOVE to know some particatuars so I won’t miss out!!! And of course, many of these questions can be answered by reading the existing threads, but what the heck!

- Is the inside pool much like the M-Class t-spa?

- Is there a heathly dining area such as the Soliarium diner.

- How did it go being able to pick the various MDR venues?

- Was the MC so full when it was a restaurant or bar that it wasn’t worth the effort?

- Where are great common areas to sit and play cards, talk with friends and watch the sea roll by?

- For beds near balconies in the IV SRs, is there room to socialize and have another couple over or is the bed in the way?

-.....I can’t quit asking!!

- Oh, almost forgot...which poker slot gives the best % of wins!!!

Great thread.

Den

QUESTIONS RE INF VERANDA CABIN we are in AQ Class

Will we be able to use the niche on side of the closet for florals or other items or is there a fixed decorative seashell there..?

What is the set up inside the closet...shelves ...hanging bars..safe...drawers?

Are there drawers or shelves on small night stands?

Any hooks in cabin or on bathroom door?

Will we be able to easily have breakfast on the Veranda or in cabin ?

Is there a clothesline in the shower?

Will luggage fit under the bed?

Thanks

Adding one/two more..

For the regular length cruises where are they holding the Elite breakfast and afternoon cocktail hr...If too many Elites, will they issue coupons?

I have the same question and will update the thread once I board on 12/6. I am taking the redeye into Florida from LA and I plan on going to the terminal around 9 am, like I always do. I have never had a problem getting on early. I would hope, I am not made to wait around to board if others are already getting on the ship due to an " appointment time." But we will see. I image a lot of people will arrive early just because of all the excitement of a new ship!

m - I trust after the red-eye your head will be clear enough to take in all of the wonder of the new vessel, starting hour one (1)....

A lot of areas to cover, to be sure.

Look forward to your reviews and photos, too.

bon voyage