Independence refit

Nigel D

I guess I’m in the minority here but I like all the changes.

First off, I didn’t notice the Navigator any more crowded after they added all the additional staterooms.

Now I’m looking forward to Playmakers Sports Bar, Fish & Ships on the pool deck, Izumi, Perfect Storm water slide and the Escape Room. Kudos to Royal for ripping out that underused Chapel space and putting something worthwhile there. I hope they do the same on other ships.

If my maths is right that is over 100 new rooms - so 200 more people (minimum!) looking for sunbeds or a chair in the WJ!!!

I'm glad to see they changed the name and hopefully the decor of the Pharaoh lounge on deck 6 - that was never used and was very dated decor (and I don't just mean the Egyptian style LOL)

The Diamond lounge does have a nice outside seating area for the extra D+ who now have to go in there..... it was far nicer than that horrid cupboard like CL anyway IMHO.

I'll be on her first cruise after the changes and I'll be sure to report back....

If my maths is right that is over 100 new rooms - so 200 more people (minimum!) looking for sunbeds or a chair in the WJ!!!

I'm glad to see they changed the name and hopefully the decor of the Pharaoh lounge on deck 6 - that was never used and was very dated decor (and I don't just mean the Egyptian style LOL)

The Diamond lounge does have a nice outside seating area for the extra D+ who now have to go in there..... it was far nicer than that horrid cupboard like CL anyway IMHO.

I'll be on her first cruise after the changes and I'll be sure to report back....

Looking forward to hearing about what you make of the changes!

I am surprised that the On Air Club is being replaced with staterooms. That club always seemed to be busy with Karaoke and other activities.

Perhaps the new sports bar will take over those activities.

Am I the only one happy to see the mini golf is staying, some of us prefer more sedate activities :) I can't see the promenade cafe on the new plans or am missing something??

It's not labeled, but I cannot imagine it wouldn't be there.

Am I the only one happy to see the mini golf is staying, some of us prefer more sedate activities :) I can't see the promenade cafe on the new plans or am missing something??

We have a blast playing mini gold on the ships. And the more wind that is blowing though the course the more fun we have. I would hate to see it go.

oh dear, it looks as though I was prematurely celebrating the mini golf staying after the refit, have just seen the new plans on the Royal Caribbean website and it has gone. I am very disappointed and have no interest in water slides, trampolines or an escape room, these may be great for families but not so much for the maturer cruiser!, they are also moving the library which was a lovely relaxing place to read overlooking the Royal Promenade and removing the sunbathing area on deck 12 all to make room for more cabins, having experienced how packed the Indy gets I can't imagine the windjammer, theatre etc coping with another 200+ passengers, it's a shame I have already booked for next year or I would have been looking at other ships.

I guess I’m in the minority here but I like all the changes.

First off, I didn’t notice the Navigator any more crowded after they added all the additional staterooms.

Now I’m looking forward to Playmakers Sports Bar, Fish & Ships on the pool deck, Izumi, Perfect Storm water slide and the Escape Room. Kudos to Royal for ripping out that underused Chapel space and putting something worthwhile there. I hope they do the same on other ships.

We were only on Navigator after her dry dock. I can't compare her to what she was like but I certainly did not think she was too crowded.

As far as the other changes on Indy, I have an open mind. Some of the changes might appeal to me, some won't affect me in any way. I will have to wait an see.

oh dear, it looks as though I was prematurely celebrating the mini golf staying after the refit, have just seen the new plans on the Royal Caribbean website and it has gone. I am very disappointed and have no interest in water slides, trampolines or an escape room, these may be great for families but not so much for the maturer cruiser!, they are also moving the library which was a lovely relaxing place to read overlooking the Royal Promenade and removing the sunbathing area on deck 12 all to make room for more cabins, having experienced how packed the Indy gets I can't imagine the windjammer, theatre etc coping with another 200+ passengers, it's a shame I have already booked for next year or I would have been looking at other ships.

I still see Independence Dunes on the forward part of deck 14.

Unfortunately, this appears the direction of travel for the group. Tailoring RCI to families, Celebrity to the seasoned

traveller and Azamara to the high end market.

I still see Independence Dunes on the forward part of deck 14.

OMG so can I now but I swear it wasn't there when I looked a couple of days ago and I haven't even had a pre Christmas drink yet LOL, it was definitely still showing the viking crown lounge etc so I am confused where is that all moving too??

OMG so can I now but I swear it wasn't there when I looked a couple of days ago and I haven't even had a pre Christmas drink yet LOL, it was definitely still showing the viking crown lounge etc so I am confused where is that all moving too??

It looks like they are moving it to the top of the new section of staterooms they are installing on the forward part of deck 12. They have already done this to Liberty and the reports I have read seemed positive.

It looks like they are moving it to the top of the new section of staterooms they are installing on the forward part of deck 12. They have already done this to Liberty and the reports I have read seemed positive.

Thanks so much Bob, I have just checked and it was the USA website that I had looked at and that mustn't have been updated so I wasn't cracking up :), I am happy that they are keeping the mini golf as it is something that people of all ages can enjoy.