RCCL new Diamond Lounge Policy?

seeyakids

I hope mother nature is being nice to you right now.(yn)3 and 4 night cruises are way to short for us.

Thanks...we had large hail and a nasty storm come through where we are currently "docked up" in the land yacht at Silver Springs yesterday.

How is the weather out there? :confused:

What about a one off payment of $1000 for D+ to get unlimited access to the SL and CK?.

That's cheap!! I pay twice that for just one cruise to go from JS to GS just to get the lounge perks back that we had on Oasis when the DL was a CL!!

$$$ :eek:

If the CL is getting into a Sl. That means D+ is worth very little more than D.

Balcony discount isn't much more. A bag of laundry and a day extra WiFi.

Sent from my G8141 using Forums mobile app

You forgot the D+ BOGO dinner - which everyone can do now as first night done right :rolleyes::rolleyes:

Thats with a discount of $9000 for kicking us out of SL.

Now your saying you were kicked out of the Suite Lounge? Really? Which Suite Lounge were you kicked out of? I swore you said you were being kicked out of the CL..... now its the SL..... LOL

Easy to gain entrance into the SL......

Thanks...we had large hail and a nasty storm come through where we are currently "docked up" in the land yacht at Silver Springs yesterday.

How is the weather out there? :confused:

Weather here lately is typical Rocky Mountain spring weather. Ski in the morning and play golf in the afternoon. :D Thursday (22 March) it's suppose to be windy with heavy rain. We fly out of here Thursday evening and are heading to Fort Lauderdale. :cool: Direct flight. Stay safe.

You think it might be better if 1400 was the Pinnacle, 700 D+, and Diamond 175? Expand Emerald 80-175. Platinum from current base to 80.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

No, It would be ridiculous for RCL to try to change the numbers on existing levels. The push back would be enormous.

I can see where there will probably be a continued erosion of some benefits because of high numbers. A good example is priority check-in. Quite often the priority lines are long than the lines for "regular" check-in. When everyone has priority, nobody does. They have improved that for Suites and Pinnacles by have a priority line separate from the Platinum, Diamond and Diamond Plus. Same with boarding. As a side note I find it amusing that there are some Pinnacles that do not feel that their priority boarding is good enough and they sneak in with the B2B's. Some refer to it as the Pinnacle creep. I am somewhat practical. I expect that as the expected wave of new Pinnacles hits the next few years, there will probably be some changes in benefits. I also expect that we will probably do more sailing on other lines just because of Royals limited itineraries.

We are not average cruisers. Since retiring we use cruise ships much the way many people rent or own winter homes in warmer climates. We are spending 5 to 6 months on ships and visiting "home" a few times from fall thru spring. Summers are at home.

No, It would be ridiculous for RCL to try to change the numbers on existing levels. The push back would be enormous.

I can see where there will probably be a continued erosion of some benefits because of high numbers. A good example is priority check-in. Quite often the priority lines are long than the lines for "regular" check-in. When everyone has priority, nobody does. They have improved that for Suites and Pinnacles by have a priority line separate from the Platinum, Diamond and Diamond Plus. Same with boarding. As a side note I find it amusing that there are some Pinnacles that do not feel that their priority boarding is good enough and they sneak in with the B2B's. Some refer to it as the Pinnacle creep. I am somewhat practical. I expect that as the expected wave of new Pinnacles hits the next few years, there will probably be some changes in benefits. I also expect that we will probably do more sailing on other lines just because of Royals limited itineraries.

We are not average cruisers. Since retiring we use cruise ships much the way many people rent or own winter homes in warmer climates. We are spending 5 to 6 months on ships and visiting "home" a few times from fall thru spring. Summers are at home.

So, your willing to accept some erosion of perks in leu of changing the structure of levels?

What do you think Royal should do when there or so many P’s on Oasis Class and they overwhelm the SL/CK?

How would you recommend Royal handle the over crowding situations in the DL?

Weather here lately is typical Rocky Mountain spring weather. Ski in the morning and play golf in the afternoon. :D Thursday (22 March) it's suppose to be windy with heavy rain. We fly out of here Thursday evening and are heading to Fort Lauderdale. :cool: Direct flight. Stay safe.

My kind of lifestyle. Skiing is about 45 mins away and St Andrews is 20 mins away.

My kind of lifestyle. Skiing is about 45 mins away and St Andrews is 20 mins away.

The only skiing we do here is water skiing. Grew up with it. Used to even barefoot abit. Kids today can hardly find a place now due to our manatee infestation and no wake zones to protect them.

So, your willing to accept some erosion of perks in leu of changing the structure of levels?

What do you think Royal should do when there or so many P’s on Oasis Class and they overwhelm the SL/CK?

How would you recommend Royal handle the over crowding situations in the DL?

Changing the structure of levels would be an erosion of perks.

It is not my job to figure it out . That responsibility belongs to Royal.

We can speculate all we want but I am retired now, I do not need to stress over it.

It is not my job to figure it out . That responsibility belongs to Royal.

We can speculate all we want but I am retired now, I do not need to stress over it.

I agree totally RC have highly paid executives to do that job.

When i make suggestions i get negative feedback from certain people.

yes. in order: Back to backers, wedding parties, Pinnacle, Suites, then the rest of them by boarding number. in fact many terminals have a separate waiting area for suites and Pinnacles and/or a separate entrance path.

Don't they board based on appt and with an app now? That's what my cruise in May is doing. I am always on the boat during the first hour and that includes prior to any status.

The only skiing we do here is water skiing. Grew up with it. Used to even barefoot abit. Kids today can hardly find a place now due to our manatee infestation and no wake zones to protect them.

Never tried water skiing. Not popular round here. Weather is usually damp and driech.

Jet ski's are getting more and more