RCCL new Diamond Lounge Policy?

seeyakids

They will kick out Pinnacle and only let in Pinnacle Plus (1400 points).

Then after upsetting D,D+ and P they will be sailing with half full ships,they will have to slash the price to fill cabins and give free drinks packages.

RC share price will plummet as people panic to sell their shares and no dividends will be paid.

Then after upsetting D,D+ and P they will be sailing with half full ships,they will have to slash the price to fill cabins and give free drinks packages.

RC share price will plummet as people panic to sell their shares and no dividends will be paid.

What is your proof of this? Royal has watered down many things and still sail nearly full.

You say you got kicked out of CL but yet you seem to still be loyal to Royal.

If I recall correctly, you once even called for a mutiny.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

What is your proof of this? Royal has watered down many things and still sail nearly full.

You say you got kicked out of CL but yet you seem to still be loyal to Royal.

If I recall correctly, you once even called for a mutiny.

Lighten up for goodness sake.

Every post in this thread is only our speculation.

Royal will do as they please. Like, cancelling cruises. They choose and we follow.

Also, I quite like (F.D.L.)

Free Drinks Lounge.

Any company that offers a 'loyalty program' is constantly re-evaluating it. It isn't there just to give away things it has to be balanced against the cost of the 'give aways' and the 'revenue yielded'. I haven't liked some of the changes that have happened that have nothing to do with the loyalty program, but the vacation that I enjoy with Royal is still the vacation I go on.

For those people that find the changes are no longer appealing to them, they will move to another cruiseline or vacation type. For all the people that say they are 'done' with Royal, Royal is still having their ships sail full.

Lighten up for goodness sake.

Every post in this thread is only our speculation.

Royal will do as they please. Like, cancelling cruises. They choose and we follow.

Also, I quite like (F.D.L.)

Free Drinks Lounge.

Great post,i totally agree.

BND was referring to before they moved the DL to deck 11. It was originally on deck 6 over Boleros and could never handle the cocktail hour. The DL was always open but cocktails were served in Blaze.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

I think we did 8 oasis class cruises before the D lounge on deck 6 became cabins. Only once was happy hour in blaze for us. All the others were on deck 6.

It was 3 years ago last week we did Allure as D+ (first time as D+) and deck 11 was still the CL with lunch and beer/wine at lunch. Then they changed it after dry dock. Being D+ was a big difference then and now 80 points as diamond gets you pretty much the same as those near pinnacle status.

Any company that offers a 'loyalty program' is constantly re-evaluating it. It isn't there just to give away things it has to be balanced against the cost of the 'give aways' and the 'revenue yielded'. I haven't liked some of the changes that have happened that have nothing to do with the loyalty program, but the vacation that I enjoy with Royal is still the vacation I go on.

For those people that find the changes are no longer appealing to them, they will move to another cruiseline or vacation type. For all the people that say they are 'done' with Royal, Royal is still having their ships sail full.

We love RC especially the loyalty program which is currently the best in the cruise market IMO.

There is plenty of competition and if RC take away their best USPs(DL,CL) to name the best 2, people might be tempted to look at other cruise lines.

Very true and sometimes the grass isn't greener on the other side.

I doubt that. I get the sense that they would not mind if no C&A members took up space on the ships.

They might not but the loyalists keep coming back with their guaranteed business for their perks whereas the new crowd could be more fickle and try different lines.

I doubt that. I get the sense that they would not mind if no C&A members took up space on the ships.

We certainly agree Bob. We don’t cruise for C&A perks but will utilize them if we choose too and are to our benefit.

I do believe it makes a few feel “special “.

I doubt that they 'don't want C&A members' to sail with them and take up valuable cabins.....but those loyal cruisers do 'talk up their product quite a bit' to then newer cruisers or to people who have never cruised before.

Every business needs constant new business so i can understand that but you still need to keep your regular customers happy too.

Are you only happy sailing Royal because of the perks you get from C&A?

I don’t understand why anyone would choose to sail a certain brand for just the perks of C&A. People cruise all the time without loyalty perks.

I doubt that they 'don't want C&A members' to sail with them and take up valuable cabins.....but those loyal cruisers do 'talk up their product quite a bit' to then newer cruisers or to people who have never cruised before.

Great post and very valid point about the great PR for RC given by the loyalists.

Can you bring a 7 month old with you into the lounge? I know there are 3 drinks loaded to get a drink elsewhere, but chicken wings sounds fantastic!

Depends on the concierge. Some will allow it but some don’t. We asked and were told no kids on one trip but on another it was fine. Just ask and then you will know the feeing of that concierge. They know the # of diamonds, etc and if would likely be a problem on your given cruise. At 7 months if they are sleeping or whatever many won’t mind.

We have done 45 cruises with 23 on RCI.

We have tried Sun cruises, NCL,princess and P&O so are not averse to trying other cruise lines.