RCCL new Diamond Lounge Policy?

seeyakids

I say that the peeps booking the Suites are only allowed into the Suite lounge. Pinnacles are NOT allowed into those lounges, as they may be sailing in a non-suite cabin. D+ and Pinnacles have their own lounge, and Ds get the vouchers.

This way, people can truly mingle with like-minded people- isn't this what everyone says this is REALLY all about? Luxury minded folks that may sail only occasionally on RCCI, vs the ones that are really committed to Royal Caribbean, vs the ones that most likely have achieved status via a familiar or other relationship, or by pure persistence?

Royal has gotten themselves into this mess. They need to fix it to the satisfaction of their consumers. In the meantime, I suggest we vote with our feet and $$ and spend our hard earned monies on the lines that understand how to treat loyal customers. There are plenty of them out there.

Let the lobbing begin!

Are you only happy sailing Royal because of the perks you get from C&A?

I don’t understand why anyone would choose to sail a certain brand for just the perks of C&A. People cruise all the time without loyalty perks.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I hate to defend our friend from the UK, but... nobody cruises just for the perks of a loyalty program. The loyalty program is a point in favor of booking one over the other.

Where RCI has hooked me in.. is they have a flowrider and no other cruiseline does. Do I find old annoying people in the suite lounge or the Diamond lounge... duh. Just read this thread.

So, flowrider and I get free drinks, count me in.

I am off tomorrow close to Milwaukee a loathsome town... Rosemount for a few days of work and drinking free drinks, alas no flowrider.

JC

The C&A program is the reason we stay with Royal.

Have done most of the other lines, but they don’t have a Coastal Kitchen and Suite Lounge. It took us a long time to get to Pinnacle (18 years and easily $250k plus) so I fully intend to homestead here as long as the benefits hold out.

If someone books a suite, they spend maybe $4-10k, but they only do it a few times and are usually high maintenance guests. Unless of course they are on a mission for double points to get to Pinnacle. Those that have been with Royal a long time – RCCL knows they are going to get their repeat business. For the cost of a few drinks and bottles of wine they have a dedicated income they can budget on.

If the lounges get crowded, the best way to counter this is to build more ships. The more people that move up the ladder, the more RCCL makes, and more ships thus more revenue. Also, age attrition will start claiming some of the older top tier guests creating more room. It’s a fact.

People are always going to whine about something, and there’s a lot of somethings in this thread.

I will still enjoy the lounges and meeting with friends to solve the cruise industry problems :D. I truly enjoy the Concierges and bartenders more than a lot of the guests. They are the ones who make my cruise worth going on.

If the C&A benefits dwindle away, I would probably just do all-inclusives or head to another cruise line. For now, I like only having to pack a weeks’ worth of clothes and use my laundry perk. I like the 3 bottles of wine and the happy hours, along with the Suite Lounge, Coastal Kitchen, and Deck 17 forward. They feed me, make my bed, and provide drinks, snacks, free Internet, and entertainment. Can’t ask for much more. Great being retired and have no responsibilities.

They take that away and the $50-100k I now spend annually on travel will go elsewhere. I’m sure a lot of others would do the same. An incentive program is needed to keep people coming back. No incentive, why stay?

When Celebrity created the Zenith level – how many people jumped ship to Royal because of unattainable goals? We used to travel a lot on Celebrity until they did this. If I were CEO of another cruise line, I would offer a one year trial at my top tier level for other top tier people jumping ship. MSC will give you upgraded status for jumping ship. We just applied as we want options. I am really surprised that other cruise lines have not figured this out.

If you were the CEO would you jeopardize losing all the repeat business from Diamond and above over the cost of a few drinks, fatty snacks, and a few bottles of cheap wine?

I hate to defend our friend from the UK, but... nobody cruises just for the perks of a loyalty program. The loyalty program is a point in favor of booking one over the other.

Where RCI has hooked me in.. is they have a flowrider and no other cruiseline does. Do I find old annoying people in the suite lounge or the Diamond lounge... duh. Just read this thread.

So, flowrider and I get free drinks, count me in.

I am off tomorrow close to Milwaukee a loathsome town... Rosemount for a few days of work and drinking free drinks, alas no flowrider.

JC

The perks give RC the edge but we have done 22 cruises on other lines compared to 23 on RC so that tells me and you that we are not totally perks driven We go for the itinerary,cruise length, departure point and at the moment RC ticks all the boxes.

I say that the peeps booking the Suites are only allowed into the Suite lounge. Pinnacles are NOT allowed into those lounges, as they may be sailing in a non-suite cabin. D+ and Pinnacles have their own lounge, and Ds get the vouchers.

This way, people can truly mingle with like-minded people- isn't this what everyone says this is REALLY all about? Luxury minded folks that may sail only occasionally on RCCI, vs the ones that are really committed to Royal Caribbean, vs the ones that most likely have achieved status via a familiar or other relationship, or by pure persistence?

Royal has gotten themselves into this mess. They need to fix it to the satisfaction of their consumers. In the meantime, I suggest we vote with our feet and $$ and spend our hard earned monies on the lines that understand how to treat loyal customers. There are plenty of them out there.

Let the lobbing begin!

Wouldn’t it be easier just to extend the Diamond Lounge hours rather than build another ship with the same proportion of passengers as repeat cruisers?

I’m not sure what line you would move to that does a better job catering to loyal customers, and it would take more than a while to get your status back. Even a move to MSC with status match does not meet your objective as the Black level perks do not come close to what RCCL offers.

MSC with status match does not meet your objective as the Black level perks do not come close to what RCCL offers.

Black gets you a discount on ALL cabins

Black gets you free specialty dinner

Black gets you free thermal spa access

Why don't they "come close"?

This way, people can truly mingle with like-minded people- isn't this what everyone says this is REALLY all about?

No, it's about appetizers and unlimited booze. Many people will say that. This one included. Meeting others is a nice side benefit, but RC advertises the unlimited alcohol, not the convivial atmosphere.

Doing a B2B cruise on the Equinox 24 March and 31 March 2018.

Our favorite class of Celebrity ship. Kind of a cross between Radiance and Freedom class. Love the Equinox.

Since we are on a D Lounge thread - be aware that ( at least in the past) the free cocktails or cocktail area were not provided the first evening. Perhaps it has changed.

Enjoy the cruises.

M

No, it's about appetizers and unlimited booze. Many people will say that. This one included. Meeting others is a nice side benefit, but RC advertises the unlimited alcohol, not the convivial atmosphere.

I confess I'm in it for the free booze:halo::cool:

Wouldn’t it be easier just to extend the Diamond Lounge hours rather than build another ship with the same proportion of passengers as repeat cruisers?

I’m not sure what line you would move to that does a better job catering to loyal customers, and it would take more than a while to get your status back. Even a move to MSC with status match does not meet your objective as the Black level perks do not come close to what RCCL offers.

Diamond Lounge is open 24/7 How can you extend the hours!

Do you mean the cocktail hours? Judging by what I read on CC, it seems that many stay there the entire cocktail hours - which is fine for them. Adding an hour or two to cocktail hour likely won't change folks hanging our there even longer ( which is also fine for them.

hint - use the 3 cocktail vouchers around the ship. Hardly any crowds, meet nice people, get good and fast service, change of scenery, enjoy a drink during a show, etc.

I also confess - I also like a free cocktail ( or two), but we don't rely on the lounge to enjoy the drinks.

M

The C&A program is the reason we stay with Royal.

Have done most of the other lines, but they don’t have a Coastal Kitchen and Suite Lounge. It took us a long time to get to Pinnacle (18 years and easily $250k plus) so I fully intend to homestead here as long as the benefits hold out.

If someone books a suite, they spend maybe $4-10k, but they only do it a few times and are usually high maintenance guests. Unless of course they are on a mission for double points to get to Pinnacle. Those that have been with Royal a long time – RCCL knows they are going to get their repeat business. For the cost of a few drinks and bottles of wine they have a dedicated income they can budget on.

If the lounges get crowded, the best way to counter this is to build more ships. The more people that move up the ladder, the more RCCL makes, and more ships thus more revenue. Also, age attrition will start claiming some of the older top tier guests creating more room. It’s a fact.

People are always going to whine about something, and there’s a lot of somethings in this thread.

I will still enjoy the lounges and meeting with friends to solve the cruise industry problems :D. I truly enjoy the Concierges and bartenders more than a lot of the guests. They are the ones who make my cruise worth going on.

If the C&A benefits dwindle away, I would probably just do all-inclusives or head to another cruise line. For now, I like only having to pack a weeks’ worth of clothes and use my laundry perk. I like the 3 bottles of wine and the happy hours, along with the Suite Lounge, Coastal Kitchen, and Deck 17 forward. They feed me, make my bed, and provide drinks, snacks, free Internet, and entertainment. Can’t ask for much more. Great being retired and have no responsibilities.

They take that away and the $50-100k I now spend annually on travel will go elsewhere. I’m sure a lot of others would do the same. An incentive program is needed to keep people coming back. No incentive, why stay?

When Celebrity created the Zenith level – how many people jumped ship to Royal because of unattainable goals? We used to travel a lot on Celebrity until they did this. If I were CEO of another cruise line, I would offer a one year trial at my top tier level for other top tier people jumping ship. MSC will give you upgraded status for jumping ship. We just applied as we want options. I am really surprised that other cruise lines have not figured this out.

If you were the CEO would you jeopardize losing all the repeat business from Diamond and above over the cost of a few drinks, fatty snacks, and a few bottles of cheap wine?

Fantastic post,i really enjoyed reading it.

I think that's too generic. They need some more specific name so that they can rename it to some other more specific name when they kick out D+ in a few years. I'd say in a few years it will be the Pinnacle Lounge.

What was the Pinnacle chapel on Allure

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Forums mobile app

What a good question.

Maybe a first cocktail hour say 4-6.15pm then a second cocktail hour for 6.30-9 pm where you can do one or the other might be an answer for overcrowded DL-CL.

What was the Pinnacle chapel on Allure

That and the Pinnacle Lounge were named before there was a Pinnacle level in C&A. No relation to C&A, just the chapel and a different lounge up in Viking Crown.

Very true and how i see it too with the added benefit of a coffee or two during the day.

Our favorite class of Celebrity ship. Kind of a cross between Radiance and Freedom class. Love the Equinox.

Since we are on a D Lounge thread - be aware that ( at least in the past) the free cocktails or cocktail area were not provided the first evening. Perhaps it has changed.

Enjoy the cruises.

M

No, Celebrity does not host the 2-hour free cocktail hour on the day of embarkation. In addition, the same for the Senior Officer Party, somewhere in the middle of the cruise, which lasts for about 45 minutes so they can have several groups up there that evening.