RCCL new Diamond Lounge Policy?

seeyakids

Depends on the concierge. Some will allow it but some don’t. We asked and were told no kids on one trip but on another it was fine. Just ask and then you will know the feeing of that concierge. They know the # of diamonds, etc and if would likely be a problem on your given cruise. At 7 months if they are sleeping or whatever many won’t mind.

Technically kids are not permitted in the DL during cocktail hour. They are permitted in the CL.

I doubt that they 'don't want C&A members' to sail with them and take up valuable cabins.....but those loyal cruisers do 'talk up their product quite a bit' to then newer cruisers or to people who have never cruised before.

Not any longer, we don’t promote the line.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

I doubt that they 'don't want C&A members' to sail with them and take up valuable cabins.....but those loyal cruisers do 'talk up their product quite a bit' to then newer cruisers or to people who have never cruised before.

Great post and very valid point about the great PR for RC given by the loyalists.

Unlikely judging from some posts, that those loyal cruisers seem not to enjoy the company of newbies and will ensconce themselves in their lounges and separate dinning rooms.

Unlikely judging from some posts, that those loyal cruisers seem not to enjoy the company of newbies and will ensconce themselves in their lounges and separate dinning rooms.

That's not true at all. I love meeting new cruisers, chatting with them and hearing their thoughts and experiences. We're not a bunch of snobs.

Can you bring a 7 month old with you into the lounge? I know there are 3 drinks loaded to get a drink elsewhere, but chicken wings sounds fantastic!

Yes.

" Diamond Club is an exclusive benefit for only Diamond, Diamond Plus andPinnacle Club members and cannot be extended to include friends and family.Complimentary specialty coffees are only available in the dining room on dayswhen breakfast is being served. On ships where a Diamond Club is available therewill be no Exclusive Nightly Diamond Event or complimentary Specialty coffeesavailable in the dining room. The Diamond Club is designated as a smoke-freearea. We respectfully request that guests observe a Smart Casual dress codewhen visiting the Club (no swim or pool attire is allowed, footwear is required atall times). Guests younger than 21 years must be accompanied by a parent orguardian at all times. Guests and friends of Diamond, Diamond Plus and PinnacleClub members are not allowed into the Diamond Club due to limited space."

https://dlxffu6hwewxp.cloudfront.net/cas/wp-content/uploads/2018/02/CAS_Member_Benefits_Grid_11.6.17-1.pdf

Technically kids are not permitted in the DL during cocktail hour. They are permitted in the CL.

Other way around according to Royals website. Under 21 permitted in DL with adult. Over 18 in CL.

"The Concierge Lounge is designated as a smoke-free area. We respectfully request that guests observe a Smart Casual dress code when visiting the Lounge (no shorts, swim or pool attire is allowed, footwear is required at all times). Open to guests 18 years of age and older."

Other way around according to Royals website. Under 21 permitted in DL with adult. Over 18 in CL.

"The Concierge Lounge is designated as a smoke-free area. We respectfully request that guests observe a Smart Casual dress code when visiting the Lounge (no shorts, swim or pool attire is allowed, footwear is required at all times). Open to guests 18 years of age and older."

My bad, thanks for correcting.

That's not true at all. I love meeting new cruisers, chatting with them and hearing their thoughts and experiences. We're not a bunch of snobs.

Then I think you are one of the exceptions judging by a number of posts made by others mainly D+. Me I get told off for talking too much to others by my OH:')

Where do you meet them? Certainly not in the DL.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

On my last cruise we made 3 new "cruise friends" in the DL. All very nice and interesting people with diverse backgrounds. I'm in corporate B2B sales and solutions so maybe because I'm gregarious by nature, but never have trouble making new friends onboard a ship. If we have empty chairs at our table and someone is looking for a spot we always invite them to sit with us.

On my last cruise we made 3 new "cruise friends" in the DL. All very nice and interesting people with diverse backgrounds. I'm in corporate B2B sales and solutions so maybe because I'm gregarious by nature, but never have trouble making new friends onboard a ship. If we have empty chairs at our table and someone is looking for a spot we always invite them to sit with us.

I think it was about promoting Royal to “New” cruisers. New cruisers are not in the DL.

What good does it do to promote Royal among like minded cruisers??

Same reason they have a Presidents Cruise.

I wasn't aware of some of the unique itineraries that Royal did until hearing about them from some more well-traveled guests. Also, we have made friends that we stay in contact with now for many years. If we were to discuss cruising together again the default would probably be to start with RCI

I think it was about promoting Royal to “New” cruisers. New cruisers are not in the DL.

Can be New to Royal, not Celebrity. Or more likely a kid of regular Royal Cruiser. As one of my Daughters at 19, Son 24, both Diamond Plus, each only been on 2 cruises and last cruise they took was on was Sept 2001. My other Daughter 28, is Diamond Plus earned herself, hooked on cruising like her Dad...

Edited by ONECRUISER