Eclipse to be diverted

WestLakeGirl

TA routes this fall have been problematic....the infinity had to skip lisbon and stopped in the azores instead....also weather related.

The weather for our TA on Reflection this year was wonderful, no issues at all. Guess we were lucky. :)

I just hope that Eclipse and her crew make it across "the pond" safely. We're due to board her in a few short weeks. The crew who make this crossing will no doubt have some interesting stories to tell. We were on Summit the week after she was diverted around a hurricane, last August. It was interesting to talk to the various crew members about their experience, that week.

Edited by wwcruisers

Will call on Funchal Madeira, be in NYC two days later than previously scheduled, will not call on Bermuda. Arrival to Miami should not be delayed

Wow. A friend is on it and I think Bermuda was a big reason for booking. Still, looking at BBC shipping forecast a diversion makes sense.

Added, look at that Low moving southeast, they would've headed right into it.

http://www.opc.ncep.noaa.gov/shtml/A_96hrbw.gif

Edited by pspercy

I know passengers who choose this cruise as they had not been to Bermuda, in fact the cruise was billed as Broadway and Beaches.

I was supposed to be on this cruise today but had to cancel last week due to a medical emergency. The only reason I booked it was Bermuda & NYC . Cried all week, but now realize as everybody was saying to me is things happen for a reason. I guess it was not meant for me to go there this year. Waiting for the new TA to open up next week for fall 2016 to book it again. I'm sure there are a lot of other very disappointed people

The only good thing about the change is that there won't be a double immigration at Port Canaveral ( necessary as Bermuda is a British protectorate)

Letters to passengers last week to passengers had indicated that it could take up to 5 hrs to be allowed back on the ship!

Do you remember that Bermuda was hit hard this year by a tropical storm. This may be one reason they are not stopping in Bermuda.

no....the infinity TA stopped there the Wednesday after the storm. Lots of trees down but not much other damage visible.

Do you remember that Bermuda was hit hard this year by a tropical storm. This may be one reason they are not stopping in Bermuda.

It's more likely since they are taking 2 extra days to cross and take a more southern route and still call on NYC, they need to lose the time to Bermuda and back to get to Miami on the assigned disembarkation day.

Can't be helped due to weather but what a shame for the people who booked to go to Bermuda, we did consider this cruise seriously then changed plans and one of the main reasons for going was that port :eek:

It's a great reminder to NEVER book a cruise solely for the purpose of visiting any particular place on the itinerary. Changes happen and nothing to do about it.

The best story I've read in the forums was a bridal party who booked a cruise that called in Grand Cayman, where the wedding was to be had during the stop there that day. The bridal party sailed on the ship, the rest of the family and friends flew in for the wedding.

High seas led to a cancelled call in Grand Cayman. No wedding, and a bunch of wedding guests left with nothing to do either. :eek:

I have friends on the Eclipse and have not heard anything? Does anyone have any updates?

I have seen the weather and it looks ugly.....I wonder if they will skip NY also.....While #1 is safety, #2 is getting to Florida for the next cruise......

Safe Sails to all!

I have friends on the Eclipse and have not heard anything? Does anyone have any updates?

I have seen the weather and it looks ugly.....I wonder if they will skip NY also.....While #1 is safety, #2 is getting to Florida for the next cruise......

Safe Sails to all!

They should be in Madeira today, 11.15-6pm

We too have friends on board and I intend looking at the webcam to see if they arrive.

http://www.madeira-web.com/camera/cam-03.html

Edited by upwarduk