Comparing Reflection to Silhouette

BuckeyeMan

Just got off the Silhouette. Looking to book a cruise in Dec. on Reflection. Can anyone tell me differences between the two? Any good sites that would allow you to compare the two deck plans side by side?

Thanks for any information.

Definitely start with the X website (as poor as it is). Secondly, what do you want to know about - dining facilities? guest rooms? etc. The differences are wide, so if you can narrow you interests down it will be easier to respond. Thanks.

Definitely start with the X website (as poor as it is). Secondly, what do you want to know about - dining facilities? guest rooms? etc. The differences are wide, so if you can narrow you interests down it will be easier to respond. Thanks.

Not so much about the cabins but hte public areas. The dining rooms, lounges, etc.

Guess I was hoping for a website that would allow me to compare decks.

The similarities are greater than the differences.

Although we don't like the layout of RF as much as the Silhouette, the staff is great.

We spent 7 weeks on board in January-Feb and got spoiled.

Reflection is more crowded if you are a Michael's Club passenger and the Sky Lounge is smaller.

We're on Silhouette next week.

The similarities are greater than the differences.

Although we don't like the layout of RF as much as the Silhouette, the staff is great.

We spent 7 weeks on board in January-Feb and got spoiled.

Reflection is more crowded if you are a Michael's Club passenger and

the Sky Lounge is smaller.

We're on Silhouette next week.

That's enough for us to choose Silhouette! (and yes, we have been on both)

The Reflection is the newest ship of the "S" class. We have sailed on all of the "S" class ships. There are about an extra 100 - 150 passengers on the Reflection. The Sky Lounge is smaller, but there were other things that we liked better on the Reflection than other "S" class ships. We enjoy eating on the back deck - outside the Buffet. The bar has been removed and there are a lot more tables for your dining pleasure. Also the stairway up to the Sunset Bar is better - and the Sunset Bar and the seating near it are nicer. I also like that the Buffet is on the same deck as the pool, so it is easier to bring food and drinks back to the pool without walking stairs. We sailed on the Eclipse and the Reflection this past January. Our experience was that the food in both the MDR and buffet were better on the Reflection. Perhaps there was a better chef and kitchen crew. The Mast Grill (hot dogs and hamburgers) was kept open an extra hour- until 6:00 pm - on the Reflection. We enjoyed this since we had late dining - a hot dog or burger at 5:00 pm hit the spot.

There are two differences that I have noted. The Sky Lounge is about 40% smaller on the Reflection as they added cabins. Also, Blu is more crowded if you are in Aqua Class. Additional tables have also been added.

Both are good ships and we have enjoyed both.

Spa facilities on Reflection are slightly large. The Persian Gardens has 2x the heated loungers and 2 more-different rooms. One was a heated stream room with sprayers to cool down and the other was an ice room.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

• 2 weeks later...
Just got off the Silhouette. Looking to book a cruise in Dec. on Reflection. Can anyone tell me differences between the two? Any good sites that would allow you to compare the two deck plans side by side?

Thanks for any information.

Try cruisedeckplans.com. It shows all cruise lines and ships. You can superimpose one deck onto another and it offers a lot of info.

SILHOUETTE...Overall less crowded than REFLECTION

BLU larger on REFLECTION...but more people eligible

REF has the Solarium and Spa on different levels...awkward,

REFLECTION has a larger Persian Gardens, but not as cozy

REFLECTION lounge is truncated and on Solarium level, best as we recall

No Quasar on REFLECTION

REF has a larger circular aft bar which can get loud...it is in the middle and makes it harder to enjoy music back there....

When we sailed REFLECTION from Miami, it had a loud edgy Miami DJ vibe...once was enough...yet others love this ship. We prefer SILHOUETTE. It's all personal taste...and about the itin,

enjoy!

• 5 weeks later...

Been on them both , Silhouette a little bigger maybe 20 cabins if that, very similar . We loved them both , booked the 10 Day January Reflection. We did the Reflection first and loved it , then a year later we tried the Silhouette and loved that as well. Its up front of the Ship where its like 15 feet longer . No Big Deal.

Been on them both , Silhouette a little bigger maybe 20 cabins if that, very similar .

Mitchy,

I believe you have it backwards.

Silhouette is 122,400 Gross Tons with 2,886 occupancy.

Reflection is 126,000 Gross Tons with 3,046 occupancy. :)

We booked on Reflection a couple weeks ago so we are all set there now. Got a great cabin - 1044 on the hump. Excited to see how it compares. We sailed on Aqua on Silly a couple months ago.

Thanks all for the info.

Mitchy,

I believe you have it backwards.

Silhouette is 122,400 Gross Tons with 2,886 occupancy.

Reflection is 126,000 Gross Tons with 3,046 occupancy. :)

Yup. One of the reasons why we don't care for Reflection.:)