Host Joe

LHT28

And why do we need a host? :confused:

I was just thinking the same exact thing. What does the host do??!! I mean, if this person was an employee of Oceania I could see the benefit.

Does a Community Host monitor the Roll Calls? If so, I personally would appreciate Host Joe's weeding out the the duplicative roll calls, which are a hardy perennial on the Oceania Roll Calls. Too often, CCers choose to fire first and creating a second or even third Roll Call for one voyage, rather than taking the trouble to verify that no such Roll Call already exists. This is particularly irritating when they don't look beyond page 1 of the Roll Calls for a ship and leap to the conclusion that no Roll Call yet exists. It then becomes a self-fulfilling prophecy as the original Roll Call posting slips further and further down page 1, particularly for a voyage a bit further out date-wise, and ends up on page 2 or even further down the list. A little help in this regard, pls.

Does a Community Host monitor the Roll Calls? If so, I personally would appreciate Host Joe's weeding out the the duplicative roll calls, which are a hardy perennial on the Oceania Roll Calls. Too often, CCers choose to fire first and creating a second or even third Roll Call for one voyage, rather than taking the trouble to verify that no such Roll Call already exists. This is particularly irritating when they don't look beyond page 1 of the Roll Calls for a ship and leap to the conclusion that no Roll Call yet exists. It then becomes a self-fulfilling prophecy as the original Roll Call posting slips further and further down page 1, particularly for a voyage a bit further out date-wise, and ends up on page 2 or even further down the list. A little help in this regard, pls.

I think the Roll Calls have their own Host/moderator

However you can ask Admin to merge the roll calls for the same cruises just use the CONTACT US link at the bottom of the page & give them the links to the duplicate roll calls

I think the Roll Calls have their own Host/moderator

However you can ask Admin to merge the roll calls for the same cruises just use the CONTACT US link at the bottom of the page & give them the links to the duplicate roll calls

Thx. Would love to be proactive, but do not see a "CONTACT US link at the bottom of the page." To which "page" were you referring??

Thx. Would love to be proactive, but do not see a "CONTACT US link at the bottom of the page." To which "page" were you referring??

OOPS

they changed it

it is under ABOUT US

https://www.cruisecritic.com/about-us/contact-us/

or on the main forums page

https://boards.cruisecritic.com/

https://www.cruisecritic.com/vbulletin/contact.cfm

Edited by LHT28

Just idle curiosity, how did you know we had a host? I can't see a post or a sticky mentioning it, but there again I am just of to have my eyes tested!!

I didn't realize that either, but when I read your question, I followed up. You won't know about Host Joe if you're reading in a thread. However, on page one of the Oceania board, there are five boxes on the far right with information about the site and the board. One contains information about the existence of our new host. Host Joe's name appears there.

Just idle curiosity, how did you know we had a host? I can't see a post or a sticky mentioning it, but there again I am just of to have my eyes tested!!

on the main page og the Oceania forum it has it on the right side

not sure if you see it using a phone app

The Hosts monitor the Board to insure that we play well with one another and do not violate the rules of Cruise Critic. :halo:

Sometimes I think we have too many rules. A little more free speech at times would be nice.

Sometimes I think we have too many rules. A little more free speech at times would be nice.

Wasn't that Facebook's contention, right up until the mess that they got themselves into, now? :evilsmile:

I say Nyet, too many trolls.

Unfortunately, some people aren't very nice with their free speech.

I believe in the laissez faire approach, but there are some posts that just need deleted and other threads closed.

What I don’t like is anyone being able to push the triangle and that post is deleted without proper evaluation. But I’m skirting pretty close to the first rule of fight club here.

At any rate welcome Joe.

I believe in the laissez faire approach, but there are some posts that just need deleted and other threads closed.

What I don’t like is anyone being able to push the triangle and that post is deleted without proper evaluation. But I’m skirting pretty close to the first rule of fight club here.

At any rate welcome Joe.

Clicking on the triangle doesn't result in deletion of a post without proper evaluation. It reports the person's objection to the post to the moderator, who then decides whether the post warrants deletion.