Favorite Cocktail??

We leave in 2 weeks for our cruise on the Explorer of the Seas ... yeah!!!

Our friends and I were talking about the cocktails we will drink onboard and wondered what cocktails are your favorite and what drinks are RCCL known for??

We plan to try an assortment of drinks :D, but would like to get your opinion on what we should try first.

Thanks and Happy New Years!!

We leave in 2 weeks for our cruise on the Explorer of the Seas ... yeah!!!

Our friends and I were talking about the cocktails we will drink onboard and wondered what cocktails are your favorite and what drinks are RCCL known for??

We plan to try an assortment of drinks :D, but would like to get your opinion on what we should try first.

Thanks and Happy New Years!!

Hi Livabeth I don't know whether they make them on board,but in St Thomas/Tortola they make a great drink, called the Bushwacker. Yummy :D Does anyone know if they make these onboard?

I'm hoping to have a "Vampire" drink on our next cruise (yes, I'm a Twi-mom :o): 1 shot vodka, 1 shot raspberry liquer, 1 shot lime juice, 1 shot cranberry juice... pour into a shaker with ice, and pour out into martini glass... very yummy! (Served them at my Twilight party for a bunch of other moms last March when the DVD came out...):D

Royal Caribbean Yellow Bird!

Royal Caribbean Yellow Bird

1 ounce light rum

1/4 ounce galliano

1/4 ounce creme de banana

2 ounces pineapple juice

2 ounces orange juice

Mix all ingredients and serve over ice with cherry and orange slice garnish

I smile and ask the bartender or server to go a little heavy on the rum.

Royal Caribbean Yellow Bird!

Royal Caribbean Yellow Bird

1 ounce light rum

1/4 ounce galliano

1/4 ounce creme de banana

2 ounces pineapple juice

2 ounces orange juice

Mix all ingredients and serve over ice with cherry and orange slice garnish

I smile and ask the bartender or server to go a little heavy on the rum.

I have two recipes: I go by the second recipe like on the ships. ;)

Yellow Bird

Recipe 1:

Brandy, apricot 3/4 oz. Liqueur, banana 3/4 oz. Rum, coconut 3/4 oz. Orange Juice 4 oz.

Recipe 2:

1 oz. Light Rum 1/4 oz. Galliano 1/4 oz. Creme de Banana 2 oz. Pineapple Juice 2 oz. Orange Juice

Combine ingredients in a highball glass filled with ice and stir. Garnish with a slice of orange and a cherry.

I'm hoping to have a "Vampire" drink on our next cruise (yes, I'm a Twi-mom :o): 1 shot vodka, 1 shot raspberry liquer, 1 shot lime juice, 1 shot cranberry juice... pour into a shaker with ice, and pour out into martini glass... very yummy! (Served them at my Twilight party for a bunch of other moms last March when the DVD came out...):D

GEEZ! I wish I was at THAT party! LOL. How do you feel about True Blood/the Sookie Stackhouse books/ERIC NORTHMAN?

I second Piemom's favorite cocktail... can't go to Labadee without getting a Labadoozie! And I plan to get one in just about 17 days or so! Can't wait!

And as to mom2two2:

GEEZ! I wish I was at THAT party! LOL. How do you feel about True Blood/the Sookie Stackhouse books/ERIC NORTHMAN?

Because I read the Twilight series first, I'd have to say I liked those best. However I plan to read Club Dead on my upcoming cruise... ;)

And of course, I'll be making those Vampire Drinks again when the New Moon DVD comes out... :D

loved the books. :D

Never heard of the drink though. Sounds good!

Archived