How do you carry your Seapass?

ntengwall

I wear mine on a lanyard around my neck. I use the kind that requires a hole punched in the card. I don't carry a purse around during the day on board the ship. At night when going to dinner the card is in my purse.

I find the lanyard especially useful when getting off and back on the ship while in port. I'm not digging around in my pocket or camera bag or whatever looking for it. Once I'm off the ship I take it off and put it in whatever bag I'm taking ashore then put it back on just before getting in the line to get back on board.

What!?! You wear your seapass card like a necklace??? You wouldn't do that with a hotel room key, would you!?!

(Just kidding)

OMG! Do you have bruises from warding all the ladies and special men off?

We are call gay men....its ok you can use that term freely...so much better than "special men"

Between my butt cheeks....where else?????

What happens when you go to Orient in St. Marteen?

What!?! You wear your seapass card like a necklace??? You wouldn't do that with a hotel room key, would you!?!

(Just kidding)

LOL no I don't but when I stay in a hotel and leave the room I'm carring a purse because they won't let me pay for things in the cities I'm visiting with my hotel room key. If they would then yes I would wear it around my neck.

In a small purse, along with my comb, lipstick, tissues......

I don't carry a hotel room key around my neck, and I wouldn't do it on a ship!

I don't like to wear mine around my neck, but I do like to keep it handy, since it gets used more often than a typical hotel key, i.e. ordering sodas and bar drinks, getting on and off the ship at ports and so forth. I put it on a lanyard, then loop the lanyard around the strap of my pool/port tote bag. In the evening, BF usually keeps them in his front shirt pocket.

So is the Seapass card and the room key the same size? Both credit card sized? For those who use lanyards....which kind do you prefer...the one with a clear pouch or do you just hole punch the cards and attach directly to the lanyard? Would the room key still work if it's hole punched?

I use one with a clear pouch, but am thinking it might be easier to just get it hole punched.

We use the same badge holder that I need to use at work. Its had a type that either can clip to your belt loop or clip onto the waistband of your pants and the card attachs to the other end. It has a retractable cord on it so there is no need to take it off. We used this to get on and off the ship as well as all around the ship and never had to take it off the clip. When getting off the ship, just pulled the card with the thin cord and they swiped it through the machine. It was very handy our boys each had one as well so that they could go to the room and we would meet at specific times if they could not find us. Here is a site similar to what we used.

http://www.idsupply.com/badge_reels.htm?gclid=CJSbrd7Oyp8CFaAO5QodeiqUkw

While on the ship during the day and probably even off ship, I planned on putting mine in one of these (which we got from a TA for one beach vacation).

SV102_lg.jpg

In the evening, I will probably slip it into my evening bag.

I like this question...when we started I had a lanyard RCCL gave us at the M&M...next cruise, after people watching, I made my own beaded lanyard...now I use one of the accordian key chains made of vinyl you put on your wrist. I found the lanyard kept getting blown in my face and caught on stuff. Now I have a cute little beaded crab I bought in Costa Maya on the key chain and its great on my arm. You take the seapass to guest services and they punch it for you.

19_156.jpg?resize(120x120)

Edited by BecciBoo

I haven't seen anyone mention the yellow and/or blue beaded lanyard type necklaces sold on the ship. They do sell regular lanyards, but the beaded ones look like necklaces with the plastic pouch on the end, so there's no need to punch a hole in the card.

I'm usually not one for lanyards, but I do enjoy keeping my seapass very handy. I seem to use it at least 30 times a day between door entry, beverage purchases, towels, spa use, ID, and ship entry/exit. (maybe even more now that I'm thinking about it!) I used to stress out thinking I lost it, searching through pockets and bags looking for it. My whole reason for a cruise is to keep stress low, and for me, that means not having to search and fret!

A Seapass card is much more than a hotel room key...it's also the way to purchase anything and everything on a ship...it also is your life line to the ship (getting back on the ship in port). Life line may be a stretch, but it certainly is more than room key. As you can probably tell, we use lanyards. And we certainly don't think of it as a necklace!?! That's a strange comment... And, the line at guest relations is awful long sometimes...I find I don't loose my key with a lanyard and therefore don't have to wait in line to get a new key! :)

Anyway, to the OP, it looks like you have kids, as we do. Our kids would loose the sea pass card much easier if they didn't have it on a lanyard. My wife and I also use lanyards. It makes the card so much easier to carry, find, store in your room, etc. I keep my card "hidden" under my shirt, so it's usually not out there for everyone to see (as it seems some people are offended by it???). We also find that when we get back to our room, the first thing we do is hang up our lanyard on the coat hook. That way, we aren't searching around the room for it when we leave. Using the lanyard really makes it nice (well, it helps the kids mostly!). Not sure why people seem to be offended at the lanyard.

We're not offended by lanyards. Some of us just find them clunky and chunky. To each their own. If they work for you, great!

I haven't seen anyone mention the yellow and/or blue beaded lanyard type necklaces sold on the ship. They do sell regular lanyards, but the beaded ones look like necklaces with the plastic pouch on the end,

I use the beaded lanyards for my seapass, BUT . .. I put it around my waist . .. That way it is not around my neck but is easy to access. The beaded ones have a round spring closure . . and I am no skinny-mini .. and it fits nicely.

Edited by Cheerysmom

On the ship I do prefer the lanyard as usually I´m wearing skirts and those don´t have any pockets. And I definitely don´t walk around with a purse.

On shore tours I do have a fanny pack.

As for your kids: They do receive a free Adventure Ocean lanyard when you sign them up.

steamboats

I bought my classy lanyard off ebay, I love it, light weight and super easy to find in my beach bag or any eve. bag. I do not wear it except when we are getting off the ship or back on. The upcoming cruise I am getting one for my DH. He is forever holding up the line looking for his sea pass.

Having it within reach on a lanyard is so much better.:)

A bra's second most useful quality is for holding little things like cash, credit cards, sea pass cards and lighters!!!!

You got it sister.... those suckers make great storage... as long as you've got enough there to hold everything in place... :D

I like the little plastic waterproof box (thin!) which I stuff my seapass and a few bucks into and then loop it through my shorts beltloop and stuff the box into a pocket. Or loop it around my bathing suit strap and it gets tucked into my suit under my arm or ther'bouts.

I think wearing a lanyard reminds me of kids on the short bus who can't be trusted to hold onto their own card unless Mom pins it to them. JMO.

OMG! Do you have bruises from warding all the ladies and special men off?

We are call gay men....its ok you can use that term freely...so much better than "special men"

LOL! I was like, "Special men?" Whaaaa??? Never heard 'em called THAT!! :)

You got it sister.... those suckers make great storage... as long as you've got enough there to hold everything in place... :D

It's really fun when you put cash in there and forget about it...then you get undressed at night and you're like, "Woohoo! Jackpot!"

Heyyyyyyy! I LOVE my lanyards!!!! YES I SAID IT! I SAID LANYARDS! PLURAL!

I have lanyards for every cruiseline we have ever sailed! I LOVE LANYARDS! And I don't care who knows about it! :p:p:p

I don't usually have pockets - so I wear my sea pass while I am on the ship.

When I walk into the cabin, I hang it next to the door on the hook, so its the last thing I see before I walk out.

I am not ashamed to admit it. I am secure enough. :D:D:D