How do you carry your Seapass?

ntengwall

I used to use a lanyard, but one one of my cruises last year Royal Caribbean was selling these nifty holders and I've used that ever since.

It's slightly larger then the seapass card, flat and zips. I can put the seapass card and a credit card and/or my drivers license and some cash, zip it closed and it hooked to the inside waistband of the pants I'm wearing. Very safely attached, I never have to worry and my card is readily available. If I'm going to the pool I just put it in the bag I'm bringing. I love this pouch and hopefully on my June cruise I can purchase a spare.

• 8 years later...

For the ladies Parrazzi jewelry has cute lanyards, that look like a piece of jewelry. Nothing wrong with that and for $5.00 you can’t beat it. Just add the plastic sleeve and your all set. My friend sells it online:

Miranda Byrd (#105759)

Darlene

Last cruise I thought a lanyard would be a great idea, so I brought one from home. Wore it the first day, then it went into either my wallet or a pocket.

In case you do want a lanyard...I don't know if they do this at all the ports, but in Miami (Enchantment) Royal had a good selection for sale just after you checked in, but before you got on the ship.

Would it be a faux pas to wear a Carnival Lanyard?

I mean Carnival even sells them just as you get on the ship since your status is the color of your card you can show off your Platinum or Diamond status to everyone!!

Me, it's in my pocket, I hate wearing a necktie so I won't wear a lanyard and my work ID is on a retractable lanyard on my waist, we have yet to require it to be worn above the waist.

Is a lanyard the best way to carry it? Do they sell them on the ship or will the seapass fit into a typical lanyard that fits a credit card? Thanks!

I designed a special hat. First I went to the local Honk n Holler and bought one of them $3.00 ballcaps, then I stole the pocket protector from my uppity educated cousin so I can put the pass in there. Then I hot melt glued it to the front of the hat. Then, I took one of the LED headlaps I use for low light hog huntin, and made a little spotlight for the card. Mounted the lights on the bill of the cap!

It is SWEEEET!

I use a lanyard. It's easy access and doesn't require me to carry a bag or purse. My purse usually stays in the safe in my room once I board the ship. The lanyard also keeps it handy for ordering drinks all day. I really don't care what it looks like with whatever outfit I'm wearing. I'll take it off for photos though.

I couldn't imagine wearing a seapass card as a necklace. Yuck. I always carry my Royal Carib. backpack during the day because it has lipstick, cigarettes, gum or candy, my camera, a magazine...

At night I put it in my evening bag.

You carry a backpack around on the ship? Yuck!

Another vote for a lanyard during the day - who thinks it's a necklace? It's just uber convenient if not wearing something with pockets.

If you are older than say.....13-14........Please , just say "NO" to the lanyard!! :D :D

Why?, I'm a 55 year old man and will wear whatever the heck I want and could not care less what anyone else thinks.

So disregard my why question. I don't care. And they work quite well.

This is what I use:

StephanieDawn Mini Sling

It is a small bag that holds my seapass, phone,lipstick...you get the idea. I wear it as a crossbody, and it's very small. Seapass fits perfectly in the small corner pocket.

Other women really like it, and I've given the information to many about where to get it. It can be ordered in various patterns or solids. Click on the name to take you to it.

10048_016__29211.1447183052.jpg?c=2&imbypass=on

I used to use a lanyard for my card, but our last few cruises I just put it in a pocket or small purse.

However, with all the negativity from several here I think I’ll go back to a lanyard for our next cruise just to tick them off. :)

I can understand someone not wanting to use a lanyard, it’s a personal preference. But to make fun of others or look down their noses at others for choosing to wear one is ridiculous. Kind of like the fashion police that get all bent out of shape over what other people wear to the dining room for dinner. Good grief.

However, with all the negativity from several here I think I’ll go back to a lanyard for our next cruise just to tick them off. :)

lol!

I wear a lanyard all day on the ship since none of my summer clothes or bathing suits have pockets and I don't want to carry a purse and I'm dressed like a bum anyway ;) At the ports I'm carrying a bag anyway so it goes in there.

At night I use a wristlet.

I've never really understood why a landyard offends some people's sensibilities but I don't care if I'm being judged for wearing one either.

Autism on the Seas gives us bright orange lanyards that help identify other families from the group. My husband got me a World Series Champion Chicago Cubs one though...might have to switch back and forth. :)

In the evening - it goes in my evening bag with my lipstick.

Depends on phone case, but I just pop mine into my case on the back of my phone. I always have my phone with me on the ship. You can open your door without removing and just pressing the phone against the lock. Remove it here and there quickly to buy a drink.

I don't generally have pockets on cruises, so I keep mine in a little wristlet during the day, which sometimes gets tossed into a beach bag with my sunscreen, lip balm, kleenex, book, etc for trips to the pool or shore excursions. At night, it goes in my small purse or whatever I'm carrying.

I wear a lanyard with my ID tag at work so that's the last thing I want to wear when I'm on vacation.

I wear my ID on a lanyard @ work too, so I sometimes feel "strange" without one. During the day, I'd wear it on the lanyard, as I don't always have pockets, & I'd be afraid on losing it. Nighttime -- I usually have a small evening bag that I can put it in, so I'm not wearing it as a "necklace"

Heyyyyyyy! I LOVE my lanyards!!!! YES I SAID IT! I SAID LANYARDS! PLURAL!

I have lanyards for every cruiseline we have ever sailed! I LOVE LANYARDS! And I don't care who knows about it! :p:p:p

I don't usually have pockets - so I wear my sea pass while I am on the ship.

When I walk into the cabin, I hang it next to the door on the hook, so its the last thing I see before I walk out.

I am not ashamed to admit it. I am secure enough. :D:D:D

I am with you cruisinmama - love them, getting a collection! Who wants to carry a handbag on a vacation when that little “credit card” does EVERYTHING 🤩🤩 I like this one!!

[ATTACH]414473

Sent from my iPad using Forums

IMG_2823.thumb.jpg.7813a9a1705e63eb98d3d7f2e6337efb.jpg