How do you carry your Seapass?

ntengwall

I used to use a lanyard for my card, but our last few cruises I just put it in a pocket or small purse.

However, with all the negativity from several here I think I’ll go back to a lanyard for our next cruise just to tick them off. :)

I can understand someone not wanting to use a lanyard, it’s a personal preference. But to make fun of others or look down their noses at others for choosing to wear one is ridiculous. Kind of like the fashion police that get all bent out of shape over what other people wear to the dining room for dinner. Good grief.

Yay - you go girl - don’t understand how a lanyard around my (or your) neck offends someone else [emoji848]

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Depends on phone case, but I just pop mine into my case on the back of my phone. I always have my phone with me on the ship. You can open your door without removing and just pressing the phone against the lock. Remove it here and there quickly to buy a drink.

Why pray tell would you carry your phone around all day, esp on sea days

lol!

I wear a lanyard all day on the ship since none of my summer clothes or bathing suits have pockets and I don't want to carry a purse and I'm dressed like a bum anyway ;) At the ports I'm carrying a bag anyway so it goes in there.

At night I use a wristlet.

I've never really understood why a landyard offends some people's sensibilities but I don't care if I'm being judged for wearing one either.

Let me explain this with my favorite quote: “Small things engage small minds.”

One formal night, I forgot something when we left for dinner and traipsed all the way back to our cabin only to find that the magnetic clasp on my evening bag had de-magnetized my sea pass and I had to traipse all the way back to the dining room to get my DH’s card and then back to the cabin and back again. I think I got back in time for dessert.

If I go to the pool I usually have a bag with supplies and tuck my sea pass into it. In years past when walking around the ship I used a variety of things to carry my sea pass. This year I learned tablet weaving and now I am making a lanyard to use.

In a small purse, along with my comb, lipstick, tissues......

I don't carry a hotel room key around my neck, and I wouldn't do it on a ship!

I get the desire to not wear a lanyard. But, for me personally, I don't want to have to keep up with a purse all day on a ship. I will take a lanyard any day over a purse. Knowing me, I would leave the purse everywhere except on or with me. :D

Is a lanyard the best way to carry it? Do they sell them on the ship or will the seapass fit into a typical lanyard that fits a credit card? Thanks!

All types sold on board - logo, glitter stones. Most people seem to wear them at least part of the time and in women's case lots of clothes don't have pockets. I use a small wrist purse for dinner time. Think of the freedom not to have to carry a big purse!

Depends on phone case, but I just pop mine into my case on the back of my phone. I always have my phone with me on the ship. You can open your door without removing and just pressing the phone against the lock. Remove it here and there quickly to buy a drink.

Really, not on any ship I've been on.

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Forums mobile app

Unfortunately some of us have to be accessible by email as required by our employers in case of emergencies. Obviously said employer reimburses for phone/internet package. Such is life in 2018.

I guess I was never important enough to be that needed. 😁

You do realize that it wasn't that long ago when folks could not get to you at the drop of a hat. We survived. 😉

Why pray tell would you carry your phone around all day, esp on sea days

There are lots of reasons someone might do this. For one thing, phones are also the only camera most people have these days. But besides that, everyone enjoys vacations differently. Some people like to unplug, and other people hate it. Some people like lanyards and some people hate them haha. Everyone should do what makes a great vacation for them!

Put it this way...wearing a lanyard voluntarily (you get a pass at the office where some companies require it) is like wearing a fannie pack. ;)

I do that too LOL. I wear one when I take really long walks or ride a bike. It has a water bottle holder on it and fits my keys and phone perfectly and is the best. I guess I'm all about function over style!

Let me explain this with my favorite quote: “Small things engage small minds.”

One formal night, I forgot something when we left for dinner and traipsed all the way back to our cabin only to find that the magnetic clasp on my evening bag had de-magnetized my sea pass and I had to traipse all the way back to the dining room to get my DH’s card and then back to the cabin and back again. I think I got back in time for dessert.

Of course your kidding.:confused:

I do that too LOL. I wear one when I take really long walks or ride a bike. It has a water bottle holder on it and fits my keys and phone perfectly and is the best. I guess I'm all about function over style!

I thought fanny packs and MC Hammer (parachute) pants went out in the early 90's.:eek:

I thought fanny packs and MC Hammer (parachute) pants went out in the early 90's.:eek:

A few years ago I did a 60KM 2 day charity walk and pretty much everyone wore a fanny pack. Have to be honest, before that I didn't know they even sold them any more. But they are great for long walks & bike rides. No shoulder pain from bags or backpacks.

Maybe 4 years ago or so I invited my Mom into town and I took her to an Arts/Crafts Festival. We get out of the car and she strapped on a fanny pack. I almost died. I told her to take it off, she refused and said she was old and didn't care what other people think, I told her that I'm young and I do care what people think, and so on and so forth. Long story short, she ended up wearing the damn thing. Thankfully, I never saw it after that. :')

I've always found lanyards to be a pain when buying drinks. Kind of clutters up the servers tray.

The sea pass card unclips from the lanyard [emoji6] we give the guys with trays just the card, being helpful [emoji106] less clutter.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Maybe 4 years ago or so I invited my Mom into town and I took her to an Arts/Crafts Festival. We get out of the car and she strapped on a fanny pack. I almost died. I told her to take it off, she refused and said she was old and didn't care what other people think, I told her that I'm young and I do care what people think, and so on and so forth. Long story short, she ended up wearing the damn thing. Thankfully, I never saw it after that. :')

If my mother had done that I should have stayed in the car. Or, more likely, left her there!