Allegiant/JetBlue/SouthWest/Spirit/Virg Amer/-New opening of rate schedules-post here

Host Mike

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
Very new at booking Southwest...when should I start looking for May 2016 schedule FLL-SJU ?

On June 30, 2015 we will open our schedule for sale through March 8, 2016. (Date is subject to change; please check back frequently.).. My guess would be in Sept.

On June 30, 2015 we will open our schedule for sale through March 8, 2016. (Date is subject to change; please check back frequently.).. My guess would be in Sept.

SW seems to be having much wider booking windows than what they had in the past.

• 1 month later...

From Southwest site: We are currently accepting air reservations through March 8, 2016. On August 11, 2015 we will open our schedule for sale through April 11, 2016. This date is subject to change! Please check back frequently.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Prices are absolutely crazy for the February time frame. I was looking for a flight on Februay 20th from San Juan. Well over $700 for any of the early afternoon flights. Yikes!! I didn't book. I will continue to monitor other airlines.

Good information. Thanks. Also, for those who may not be aware, Jet Blue has changed their "first bag free" policy. They are going to begin charging for all checked luggage now - if they have not already. Major bummer. That is one of the main reasons I always flew JB to FL. Now it's just another airline on the list... unfortunate

• Haha 1

I just checked Southwest and their afternoon flights are sold out for the same date.

Not surprising, President's Day for 2016 is February 15th, so that is school vacation week for a lot of the Northeast states. Lots will be trying to fly home the weekend you checked.

Thanks! Will check it out.

We are very loyal to SW, but could not get a decent flight/price for our Silhouette Cruise in September. We're trying Jet Blue for the first time. We have to fly in a day earlier. Oh well, I will just have to deal with an overnight in Fort Lauderdale in the middle of November. *sigh* the sacrifices one has to make :D

We got extremely lucky with our fares! There was all sorts of glitches with their website this morning since they opened up the new schedule to include mid-February to May. We needed 2/13-2/20 to Fort Lauderdale and when we first looked, they were in the high $500's (with paying for baggage separately). Then the dates disappeared again. Three of us were looking at the same time and my brother in law found us a fare of $272 round trip! I had to double/triple check the dates, make sure they were nonstop, etc. and they were. We quickly booked and now those same flights are almost $700 pp! :D

Not surprising, President's Day for 2016 is February 15th, so that is school vacation week for a lot of the Northeast states. Lots will be trying to fly home the weekend you checked.

Makes sense. Haven't had to pay attention to school vacations for a long time...thankfully. ;)

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

Jet Blue has an alert on their website stating that they are having issues with booking online and to call them. Earlier today my daughter secured 4 tickets BOS-STT-BOS for an incredibly low price for President's Week. I'm crossing my fingers that it holds true and is not a result of their technical issues. Will report back here.

Prices are absolutely crazy for the February time frame. I was looking for a flight on Februay 20th from San Juan. Well over $700 for any of the early afternoon flights. Yikes!! I didn't book. I will continue to monitor other airlines.

The weird thing is, ITA Matrix shows the 1:40 pm SJU-BOS flight for $221. Over on the JetBlue website, the same flight is $827. :eek:

Yes, very weird. Can't figure it out at all. Daughter found her flights through Google Flights which sent her to Jet Blue site to book. Still crossing fingers that the price she got holds.

Same for us. We have a confirmation so I hope we are all set!! :)

Edited by emen822

Good tip! Seems to work for the 2/20 flights. Hopefully Cat54 will read this and give it a try.

Thanks for the tip. I did go through Google flight and was able to get my flights from San Juan to Boston for 221.00 per person. Credit card has been charged and confirmation sent. Yeah!!! I only needed one way as I had booked my trip down when the window first open.

I was seriously considering canceling the cruise.

Thanks again.

Thanks for posting this- I went through google to jet blue and got $221 pp for

April 22 Boston to San Juan for Summit repo cruise!!!! Now to try to rent an

apartment/condo for 1 night pre-cruise:)

• 4 weeks later...

Anyone know what time of the day SW releases their extended flight schedules?

I saw the post that the new schedules will be released Tuesday. Just want to start checking if any one knows what time they tend to release them. I guess it's like lining up for concert tix!