Show us Your Aft!

Love this thread, but its raising concerns about what we have let ourselves in for! We had our first ever balcony on the Serenade two weeks ago, its was on the side way up front but we loved it that much that we've become instant balcony snobs :D As soon as we got back we upgraded our cabin on next years cruise on the Adventure and have been lucky enough to book 7388 aft corner balcony. Will this mean we will become instant aft balcony snobs, and will we have to invest in a hammock? :eek:

Pam

You are lucky!

You should love the balcony even though the room isn't a superior.

A large balcony with great views! Even with some shade and sun!

Our favorite!!!!!!

Edited by ssb

Love this thread, but its raising concerns about what we have let ourselves in for! We had our first ever balcony on the Serenade two weeks ago, its was on the side way up front but we loved it that much that we've become instant balcony snobs :D As soon as we got back we upgraded our cabin on next years cruise on the Adventure and have been lucky enough to book 7388 aft corner balcony. Will this mean we will become instant aft balcony snobs, and will we have to invest in a hammock? :eek:

Pam

Yes and yes. 7388 on Adventure was our first cruise. No balcony since - and we've had some nice ones - has come close. My best friend and I have 7388 on Navigator next February and I'm so excited about it!

Sigh! All I've ever had is inside cabin, promenade cabin and ocean view (porthole). I told hubby I want to do a balcony next time and I always wondered what all of the fuss was for about aft this and aft that. Now I know....

I feel like an aft for not finding out sooner, but I love the views/pics and hope to one day be like you!

Edited by Luv06012012

I just got my AFT back from a wonderful cruise on the Liberty of the Seas last week where we had the corner Aft cabin #7408. This was a nice E1 or E2 cabin that had a HUGE balcony. We loved our roomy balcony - we even invited our dinner table mates to come over for a cocktail party. We would book this cabin again in a heartbeat. The corner Aft cabins are the way to go! Here are a few pictures that I will attempt to upload.

Great to see the loungers are still there. We booked this cabin for the eastbound TA May 2014 on Liberty. We were discussing possibly taking the couch out onto the balcony if the loungers are absent ;):rolleyes:. Our first TA was an OC on deck 6, then balcony deck 6 and now we are going aft!:D

This is from cabin JS 8588 on the Vision of the seas. It one of my favorite corner aft cabins with a nice and large balcony.

Its not as deep as other aft JS cabins but it wraps around which is worth so much more.

Cant wait to return:)

visionjsaft.jpg.be40a68f3d44571cb44f2168e9bf9d26.jpg

visionjsaft1.jpg.0827a4aec1183fca5b1e5f6b7bf36213.jpg

visionjsaft2.jpg.953ef9038454f7fc526b9b9241630124.jpg

visionjsaft3.jpg.04fca23ba017d74b52a9fc122b8b9ba7.jpg

visionjsaft4.jpg.d23b972dcf516e6db12e10bbba5674dc.jpg

Hi everybody!

We are booked on Serenade of the Seas, Cabin AFT 8168 for a Transatlantic

from New Orleans to Barcelona from April 26 to May 12 / 2014.

Very excited! Does anyone who has had this cabin on same voyage have pictures or information?:) Please share. Thank you

Hi everybody!

Very excited! Does anyone who has had this cabin on same voyage have pictures or information?:) Please share. Thank you

I can't help you now, but we are sailing on Radiance (same class) in 8172 (two cabins over) to Alaska in less than two months. I'll be sure to report back to this thread, and I always take way too many pictures (just ask my husband!), so I'll be sure to get plenty of the cabin and view.

Hi everybody!

We had 8168 on Serenade on our second cruise (first time on Serenade). Loved it! It doesn't really wrap around at all though. It's a nice-sized but odd wedge-shaped balcony. Both my profile pic and cover pic were taken there. I don't have any pictures on my phone though, sorry.

Hi everybody!

We'll be in 8168 in October for 12 nights! Will check back here for pics and post some after we cruise too!

We just booked 1700 on the Indy for 2015. Very excited but a little worried about how much sun we'll get there with the Wind Jammer overhang. Anyone have any thoughts about the deck ten afts and how the WindJammer overhang affects them?

Thanks

Enchantment of the Seas Aft 8670. Lots of storage, big balcony. Old furniture but 2 lounges, 2 chairs and 2 tables. Small new TV. Nice updated bathroom with tub as Jr. suite. No noise. Had soot at coco cay but called and they washed down the balcony.Long walk to windjammer as it is a long ship.

Hi everybody!

We had 8168 on Serenade for our Southern Caribbean in Jan/12 cruise. We loved it. Here are some pictures of the Balcony and the interior of the cabin. Please excuse the "mess" in the cabin, we were on vacation! This balcony did get sun, which I also loved about it! You will really enjoy it. Hope these pictures help you out!

1287735628_Jan.Feb2012cruise060.jpg.d69666bdc6be0cbd86566864faf92909.jpg

835404336_Jan.Feb2012cruise088.jpg.bea07ed4a8310a7cf5824d4c03e9def6.jpg

80030601_Jan.Feb2012cruise089.jpg.628d20510cb225f69fcf489aadf7b5fb.jpg

1552930531_Jan.Feb2012cruise091.jpg.ee7035e92b5c2c1a23d5d9d170f8938d.jpg

2088595816_Jan.Feb2012cruise093.jpg.4dd3a987faa354ea11b2c5355c027ed3.jpg

We had 8168 on Serenade for our Southern Caribbean in Jan/12 cruise. We loved it. Here are some pictures of the Balcony and the interior of the cabin. Please excuse the "mess" in the cabin, we were on vacation! This balcony did get sun, which I also loved about it! You will really enjoy it. Hope these pictures help you out!

Thank you! We have this cabin on the Radiance in Sept in Alaska. I am hopelessly spoiled by JS's but just couldn't swing the price this time. I'm sure we'll love it :D

What category are the Aft Balconies? Specifically on the Navigator of the Seas?

Regular aft balconies are mostly D1 or E1. Love the aft, especially Deck 10!:D

We just booked 1700 on the Indy for 2015. Very excited but a little worried about how much sun we'll get there with the Wind Jammer overhang. Anyone have any thoughts about the deck ten afts and how the WindJammer overhang affects them?

Thanks

On the Voyager class, there is no overhang from the Windjammer, so deck 10 gets quite a bit of sun, but no real wind.

Edited by shydonna