No credits for less than 7 day cruise

And that would make no sense. I think you'd see lots of cancellations on the shorter cruises with people waiting til they can afford longer ones just for the credits. I know we have a 5 day scheduled for next July and if that was the case, we would cancel and look for a longer cruise because between that one and the one we have next Oct, we'll hit 10 credits and be Diamond.

Where did you hear this "rumor"? I mean really, anyone can say anything they want and say they've heard it as a rumor.

My suggestion would be to make their program work by days at sea, that would make it fair. Something like Gold members are 1 to 30 cruising days, Platinum are 31 to 60 cruising days and Diamond are 61 to 90 cruising days.

They could still double up the suite guests if them want because they spend so much more than those taking inside cabins.

Just a thought, don't flame me I do like the current program, and we were able to take advantage of some short cruises, but we generally take 12 or 14 day cruises ore back to back.

Happy sailing

Brian J

Counting cruise days has come up a lot. We've only been on 3 cruises and by our 5th we'll be Diamond. That's because we have stayed in suites (double credit) and taken one 12 day (one 5 day so far and another one coming up) and we'll have 39 days on RCI by the time we make Diamond. I just hope if there's any shread of truth to this they grandfather any cruises already booked.:D

My suggestion would be to make their program work by days at sea, that would make it fair. Something like Gold members are 1 to 30 cruising days, Platinum are 31 to 60 cruising days and Diamond are 61 to 90 cruising days.

They could still double up the suite guests if them want because they spend so much more than those taking inside cabins.

Just a thought, don't flame me I do like the current program, and we were able to take advantage of some short cruises, but we generally take 12 or 14 day cruises ore back to back.

Happy sailing

Brian J

No flames here. I completely agree. It seems inequitable to me that if I take one 7 day cruise I get 1 cruise credit, but if someone takes one 3-day cruise and one 4-day cruise for a total of 7 days, they get 2 cruise credits. Holland America uses the number of days cruised as their tiers for the various levels of their loyalty program, and I think this is a much more balanced approach.

No flames here. I completely agree. It seems inequitable to me that if I take one 7 day cruise I get 1 cruise credit, but if someone takes one 3-day cruise and one 4-day cruise for a total of 7 days, they get 2 cruise credits. Holland America uses the number of days cruised as their tiers for the various levels of their loyalty program, and I think this is a much more balanced approach.

Its already one of the most generous programs of any cruiseline. Name one other cruiseline that will give you 3 cruise credits for the same cruise.

I love when people rush to CC to post their latest rumor .. not a word who they heard it from or any source... just they heard ..

I would be very very dissapointed if this were to ever happen, but I do not see RCCL doing this to their loyal customers, some people just cannot get the time off or afford a 7+ night cruise, so why should the be punished by not receiving any cruise credits, just not fair, and like I said, I do not see RCCL doing this, and hope it does not happen.

Credits for days cruised would be a much fairer system. Find it hard to believe anyone could argue with that one, but looking forward to the replies already!

RCL already gives you a extra credit for long cruises .. who else does this?

I hope RCL doesnt touch their loyalty program as it seems to only be in a negative direction.

Or just divide all Florida cruiser's cruise credits in half.

When top cruisers are announced, my husband always mumbles, ” OK - tell us the top cruisers who do not live in Florida”.

Not angry with those who live in Florida ( or close to cruise ports ), just really jealous :) :)

M

I'm a Florida cruiser and I'm not diamond yet. Even though I live in florida I still can only afford to cruise 3-4 times a year and normally can only afford to cruise on shorter cruises. Although in 2011 I'm planning on two 7 nighters.

But I am a walking advertisement/sales rep for RCI. Everyone knows that I cruise "all the time" (I WISH!) and whenever anyone asks me for cruising advise I always tell them to cruise with RCI. I was married aboard an RCI ship and alot of my wedding guests have never cruised and are now all talking about booking a cruise since they got to walk around and explore the grandeur on my wedding day, so they want to cruise RCI now.

I really feel that I deserve my cruise credits, every single one of them.

We're planning on a 3 night bahamas cruise just to get to diamond status before our 7 night freedom cruise, if they change the way its set up and take away or lower the the cruise credit for our bahamas cruise then we'll cancel. We are really just taking it for the Diamond status so we have access to Diamond Lounge on Freedom.

My best guess: Nights at Sea (NAS)

Gold - 10 NAS

Platinum - 25 NAS

Diamond - 75 NAS

Diamond Plus - 200 NAS

I believe you'll get extra NAS for 12 nights or longer and JS Catagory and up.

The way credits are earned needs to change. I think NAS will be done for sure, just not sure how many days. I do believe we will all be at different levels based on NAS. Like myself, I am a Diamond now, if 75 NAS I would still be a Diamond. but someone with 50 credits based on 3 night cruises would be downgraded to Diamond. RCL almost has no choice but let the chips fall where they may. From what I hear the Concierge Lounge is getting crowded. The Diamond Lounge is already crowded. Something has to change. I suspect I'll like the change, but by some drastic change to C&A and I don't agree I'll cruise somehwere else and start over. I did it with Marriott years ago and it took me a while but I'm Diamond every year now. We'll all be free to choose to stay or go. I think it'll work out for the best and in the end most will agree. JMO

We're planning on a 3 night bahamas cruise just to get to diamond status before our 7 night freedom cruise, if they change the way its set up and take away or lower the the cruise credit for our bahamas cruise then we'll cancel. We are really just taking it for the Diamond status so we have access to Diamond Lounge on Freedom.

Are you listing RCL? 1/2 credit is plenty for a 3/4 night cruise! They are taking the $99 cruises for the credits only.

I'm a Florida cruiser and I'm not diamond yet. Even though I live in florida I still can only afford to cruise 3-4 times a year and normally can only afford to cruise on shorter cruises. Although in 2011 I'm planning on two 7 nighters.

But I am a walking advertisement/sales rep for RCI. Everyone knows that I cruise "all the time" (I WISH!) and whenever anyone asks me for cruising advise I always tell them to cruise with RCI. I was married aboard an RCI ship and alot of my wedding guests have never cruised and are now all talking about booking a cruise since they got to walk around and explore the grandeur on my wedding day, so they want to cruise RCI now.

I really feel that I deserve my cruise credits, every single one of them.

With all due respect, I certainly consider 3-4 cruises a year, even short ones, to be quite a bit.

I can only afford (both financially and in terms of time away) one a year. I consider myself fortunate, as many people, including many on this board, cannot afford even that.

No, it is Princess that is [or was] listing.

Seriously though, not all short cruises are $99. And do you really think that Florida folks will cease to have an advantage if the rules are changed?

Of course they'll have an advantage, but their advantage will be less if they get reduced credt for short cruises.

With all due respect, I certainly consider 3-4 cruises a year, even short ones, to be quite a bit.

I can only afford (both financially and in terms of time away) one a year. I consider myself fortunate, as many people, including many on this board, cannot afford even that.

Ditto

I can handle the time off since I get every other Friday off and can easily take a Monday, but the other costs keep me limited to probably 2 a year for the foreseeable future.

As to this rumor... c'mon. That'd be shooting themselves in the foot. The short cruises are just as important to RCCL as the longer cruises, and considering they're seen as the 'party' cruises, the daily bar tabs could be much better than on 7+ night sailings.

Like others have said, I see them moving to a days at sea system if they want to make it more equitable. But I should hope any change that makes the higher levels more exclusive would also lead to better perks on ship for loyal cruisers.

Total nights cruised seems to be a much fairer and more balanced approach to reward levels. RCI already does give extra credit for long cruises. It makes sense to me that a short 3/4 day cruise should get half credit. Or, keep it simple and just set tiers based on total days cruised.

Archived