No credits for less than 7 day cruise

I heard that to conserve fuel, all deck 2 cabins will have long oars.

Well, it's about time all those "cheap" oceanview passengers start pulling their weight. And let's get the inside cabin passengers to help too. :p:p:p

Just kidding, in case anyone thinks overwise! We have been "cheap" inside and oceanview passengers, although I feel compelled to confess that we're balcony "snobs" now.;)

beachchick

RCL already gives you a extra credit for long cruises .. who else does this?

I hope RCL doesnt touch their loyalty program as it seems to only be in a negative direction.

Holland America has a cruise day credits program.

Princess goes by cruise credits or cruise days. e.g. Elite is after 16th cruise or 151 cruise days.

Either of these would get you more credit for longer cruises - and not start/stop it at 12 days.

I currently live in Florida as well and can only cruise 2-4 times a year with my work and umpire (baseball) schedule. I can also only afford the sort cruises and the 7-day that I do take are with family. I would be for days at sea option. I also promote RCCL to other family and friends. I got my Dad to go with me last month on the Freedom and he is now joing myself and the rest of the Family for a Freedom cruise next year.

My opinion, for the little it's worth, is this. I wish they would just leave it as it is and tell everyone to just live with it. And yes, I'm a Floridian. So, there!

Amen. No matter how they change it, there will be those that don't feel they are being treated fairly so, at some point, everyone will have to "just live with" whatever they come up with.

People can hash this out as much as they want. It is almost impossible to come up with something that will be equitable to everyone. One thing is for sure, whatever RCI does about this issue people will be unhappy and the policy won't be fair to someone.

RCI reduced the Diamond benefits last year, and I think that some people were upset because they concluded that all the Floridians (then Californians as well, but THAT's not a problem anymore) had caused the program to break down. Others who earned their status the "hard" way simply don't like to share their elite status. But whatever changes come, I agree with you that there will be unhappy campers.

Just got off A RCCL cruise. Talked to the loyalty person and said they will release the new update 1/12/11 to the Crown and Anchor program . Could not get any info out of her other than 1/12/11. Only time will tell.

The Loyalty Ambassador on my recent sailing couldn't even get the names of the top cruisers right (and these were regulars on the ship who had even sailed the week before), so I'm not sure I'd put much stock in what the onboard people say - they are often the last to know.

Amen. No matter how they change it, there will be those that don't feel they are being treated fairly so, at some point, everyone will have to "just live with" whatever they come up with.

Personally, I think it wouldn't mind seeing it change to credit for the number of days cruised since three of my past cruises were 11 days each and got the same credit for one 3 day cruise. I've got to think that RCI is looking at how it might effect bookings with the economy the way it is. Somehow it would have to work in their favor.

NEGC,

How's Rita? We still miss you guys.

Aubie

Just give 1 credit for each night sailed and 2 credits for each night sailed in a real suite (not Junior Suites). The Suite Guests already have access to the Concierge even if it is their first cruise on RCCL.

It just makes no sense for a regular cabin 10 night cruise to get 1 credit when you can get 6 credits (9 credits if you sail in December) for three 3 night cruises in a Junior Suite.

We Floridians have to put our hater-blockers on, I guess. :cool:

I'm sure there are perks that are in or around the area that you live in too. And I don't think RCCL spends too much time thinking about how much it costs to fly from Kansas to a port...they just want their ship filled. People will find the way to get there..or not.

Don't hate. Just get on a ship and enjoy yourself and don't worry so much about what other people have or don't have.

No one hates you! :o Sorry you took it that way. We don't blame you at all for the odd way RCL awards cruise credits. It isn't your fault that all of the 3 and 4 night cruises are out of FL. And, fyi, we do get on the ships and we do enjoy our cruises. It's just that we get 1 cruise credit for a 9 night cruise while you accumulated 3 for the same 9 nights if you did 3 of the 3 night. Do you get it? We really don't want you to not get any credits for your 3 night cruises -- we just want more credits for our 6/9 night cruises. :D

No one hates you! :o Sorry you took it that way. We don't blame you at all for the odd way RCL awards cruise credits. It isn't your fault that all of the 3 and 4 night cruises are out of FL. And, fyi, we do get on the ships and we do enjoy our cruises. It's just that we get 1 cruise credit for a 9 night cruise while you accumulated 3 for the same 9 nights if you did 3 of the 3 night. Do you get it? We really don't want you to not get any credits for your 3 night cruises -- we just want more credits for our 6/9 night cruises. :D

I've benefited from getting 2 credits for a JS on a 3 night cruise. And I've gotten only 2 credits for a 14 night cruise. What I did get for my 14 night cruise was a MUCH nicer itinerary and a more modern ship with a room of about the same sq. footage. I've also gotten just 1 credit in a tiny OV for a 3 night cruise - packed in like sardines. :)

I admit I liked them all and I also admit that I don't think a 3 night cruise should get the credits of a 7 night cruise. But that was RCI's decision. Hopefully they will change it in the future.

I also don't believe unpaid D+ upgrades to suites (from D1 and below) should get the extra cruise credit on any length sailing. We should just appreciate the gift for what it is. Maybe this will all change. Maybe not.

Gina

The Independence does some 4 nights cruises out of Southampton. Britons can "do" this, too.

Just off the Majesty, and lots of people had flown in from all around the country to do a B2B or a B2B2B or a B2B2B2B to get those extra cruise credits.

Royal Caribbean is "crazy like a fox." :eek: ;) :p

Just give 1 credit for each night sailed and 2 credits for each night sailed in a real suite (not Junior Suites). The Suite Guests already have access to the Concierge even if it is their first cruise on RCCL.

It just makes no sense for a regular cabin 10 night cruise to get 1 credit when you can get 6 credits (9 credits if you sail in December) for three 3 night cruises in a Junior Suite.

And why shouldn't JS get the extra cruise credit? There is usually QUITE a jump in price from balcony to JS.

And why shouldn't JS get the extra cruise credit? There is usually QUITE a jump in price from balcony to JS.

Because it's not much larger than a D1 on any other ship. :p NO wait....maybe that IS why it should get 2 cruise credits. We have to pay the premium for the small JS if we want a balcony room because there is NO smaller balcony room on the ship. :D

And for those who think FL cruisers get all their credits on short FL cruises...think again. We've flown to San Juan, Barcelona, Vancouver and several times to San Diego to cruise something other than the same ol' Caribbean cruises. I'd be the first one back to San Diego if they would move a ship back there.

Gina

Are you listing RCL? 1/2 credit is plenty for a 3/4 night cruise! They are taking the $99 cruises for the credits only.

And the problem is? "They" (which includes me) are simply taking full advantage of a program RCIs provides. You make it seem like "they" are doing something wrong.

If RCI stopped giving credits for short cruises I will happily give my business back to Carnival and work on getting Milestone status, either way we will cruise in the same frequency. We have been cruising with RCI as of late because we want Diamond status quickly for our Allure cruise. I'll bet there are many out there who, like us, will make our complaints with our wallets if there are changes.

The Florida cruisers that so many on here seem to revile are a major source of income for cruise companies. We are many of the ones that fill the boat when they cut rates in the eleventh hour. Most of us would be angered by a switch from per-cruise credits to per-day credits. I hope that fact keeps the major lines from changing.

The CCL board has been plagued by these same rumors for years now. Thankfully they have always been just rumors.

With the mass exodus that happened last time they tweaked the C&A program, I'm guessing that any changes will be pretty tame. That suits this frequent 3/4 day cruiser just fine.

Are you listening RCI? Thanks for the credits! You are earning my repeat business! Don't change a thing! :cool:

Mass exodus may have been too strong, a bit of hyperbole on my part. :o

But I was there when many RCI folks showed up over at the Carnival boards following the last big shakeup. Most complaining of what they felt was a snub by Royal Caribbean to their most loyal customers.

I was just saying that another major overhaul could trigger such a reaction again.

A little birdie* at RCI told me that this is the new formula for cruise credits:

Credit = ( ( ((S * .5) + (N * .25) + (M/100) + (P/500))^W ) * F

Where S is your Stateroom Category (1 = Interior, 2 = OV, 3 = JS, 4 = Suite), N is Number of Nights Sailed, M is Miles Traveled, P is Price Per Person, and W is the Whining Coefficient™, a new scale introduced by marketing that analyzes your posts on Cruise Critic as well as your Guest Satisfaction surveys. Just as you rate the cruise line, the cruise line will now rate you as a customer (On a scale of -2 to 2). Finally, there is F, which is the Florida Resident Adjustment. This is always 1, but to appease customers who are from out of state, we tell everyone it's 0 for Florida residents.

To correspond with these changes, the new C&A tiers will be as follows:

Gold - 25 Credits

Platinum - 100 Credits

Diamond - 500 Credits

Diamond Plus - 1000 Credits

To give you an idea of how well this will work, here's an example:

Bob drove 400 miles and sailed on a recent 3 night cruise in an interior cabin for 99$ and was simply flabbergasted by the horrible service. He couldn't get lobster every night of the cruise and he got busted trying to smuggle 5 handles of vodka onto the ship (He just wanted to be able to drink in his cabin!). Bob takes the time to write a scathing review of his cruise on Royal Caribbean as soon as he disembarks, and also marked his Guest Satisfaction Survey with all zeros. But even after all of this, at least Bob looked forward to getting a cruise credit for his nightmare cruise. Let's see how he fared.

S: 1

N: 3

M: 400

P: 99

W: -2

F: 1

Bob has a score of 5.448 going into the Whining Coeffcient™, which reduces his cruise to .033 Cruise Credits.

Another example:

Jill just got off one of the most amazing trips of her life. She took a 7 night Caribbean cruise with her family in an Ocean View cabin; a once in a lifetime trip. As a Florida resident, she only drove 100 miles to port, but spent 1000$ per person for this awesome cruise. She raves about her stateroom attendant and wait staff both on her blog and in the satisfaction survey.

S: 2

N: 7

M: 100

P: 1000

W: 2

F: 0 (but really 1)

Jill has a score of 7.5 and with her Whining Coefficient™ of 2, ends up with 56.25 Cruise Credits and is now halfway to Platinum status!

RCI feels that this will even out any unfairness inherent in the previous system. Before you disembark, you will receive a printout listing your score breakdown prior to the Whining Coefficient™ along with your Guest Satisfaction Survey. Your C&A account will reflect the latest credits received on your last cruise in approximately a week after you disembark, to provide time for online feedback to be calculated into your score. However, RCI will reserve the right to retroactively alter your score based on any future online comments.

Hopefully this has given you some insight into the upcoming changes to the C&A loyalty program!

*Said birdie was a cuckoo.

Personally, I think it wouldn't mind seeing it change to credit for the number of days cruised since three of my past cruises were 11 days each and got the same credit for one 3 day cruise. I've got to think that RCI is looking at how it might effect bookings with the economy the way it is. Somehow it would have to work in their favor.

NEGC,

How's Rita? We still miss you guys.

Aubie

We miss you guys as well. Hope you and Carol are doing well and perhaps our paths will cross again on a future trip. We just spent over a month cruising on Jewel, Liberty and Allure so however they figure cruise credits we should make out pretty well. Rita is very busy but enjoying every minute of it.

A little birdie* at RCI told me that this is the new formula for cruise credits:

Where S is your Stateroom Category (1 = Interior, 2 = OV, 3 = JS, 4 = Suite), N is Number of Nights Sailed, M is Miles Traveled, P is Price Per Person, and W is the Whining Coefficient™, a new scale introduced by marketing that analyzes your posts on Cruise Critic as well as your Guest Satisfaction surveys. Just as you rate the cruise line, the cruise line will now rate you as a customer (On a scale of -2 to 2). Finally, there is F, which is the Florida Resident Adjustment. This is always 1, but to appease customers who are from out of state, we tell everyone it's 0 for Florida residents.

Gold - 25 Credits

Platinum - 100 Credits

Diamond - 500 Credits

Bob drove 400 miles and sailed on a recent 3 night cruise in an interior cabin for 99$ and was simply flabbergasted by the horrible service. He couldn't get lobster every night of the cruise and he got busted trying to smuggle 5 handles of vodka onto the ship (He just wanted to be able to drink in his cabin!). Bob takes the time to write a scathing review of his cruise on Royal Caribbean as soon as he disembarks, and also marked his Guest Satisfaction Survey with all zeros. But even after all of this, at least Bob looked forward to getting a cruise credit for his nightmare cruise. Let's see how he fared.

Bob has a score of 5.448 going into the Whining Coeffcient™, which reduces his cruise to .033 Cruise Credits.

Another example:

Jill just got off one of the most amazing trips of her life. She took a 7 night Caribbean cruise with her family in an Ocean View cabin; a once in a lifetime trip. As a Florida resident, she only drove 100 miles to port, but spent 1000$ per person for this awesome cruise. She raves about her stateroom attendant and wait staff both on her blog and in the satisfaction survey.

Jill has a score of 7.5 and with her Whining Coefficient™ of 2, ends up with 56.25 Cruise Credits and is now halfway to Platinum status!

RCI feels that this will even out any unfairness inherent in the previous system. Before you disembark, you will receive a printout listing your score breakdown prior to the Whining Coefficient™ along with your Guest Satisfaction Survey. Your C&A account will reflect the latest credits received on your last cruise in approximately a week after you disembark, to provide time for online feedback to be calculated into your score. However, RCI will reserve the right to retroactively alter your score based on any future online comments.

Hopefully this has given you some insight into the upcoming changes to the C&A loyalty program!

What? I think that cuckoo bird found the bottle of rum. :D :p ;)

It ain't broke so don't fix it! :)

Gold - 25 Credits

Platinum - 100 Credits

Diamond - 500 Credits

Another example:

Genius!!!! I'm a math geek and LOVED this equation!!! So much fun! thanks!

The Independence does some 4 nights cruises out of Southampton. Britons can "do" this, too.......

In April 2011, with one 4 nighter to Cork with fares starting at $750 for an inside and one 3 nighter to Le Havre fares starting at $570 for an inside, I don't think it's quite the same!!!

Ken

We miss you guys as well. Hope you and Carol are doing well and perhaps our paths will cross again on a future trip. We just spent over a month cruising on Jewel, Liberty and Allure so however they figure cruise credits we should make out pretty well. Rita is very busy but enjoying every minute of it.

Glad to hear you both are doing well. Might be a while before we can do another cruise (you know us, we've got to do at least 10 days). Say Hi for us!

Aubie

Mass exodus may have been too strong, a bit of hyperbole on my part. :o

But I was there when many RCI folks showed up over at the Carnival boards following the last big shakeup. Most complaining of what they felt was a snub by Royal Caribbean to their most loyal customers.

I was just saying that another major overhaul could trigger such a reaction again.

Yes-and many of those folks started booking crazy to get to D+. Played right into the company's hands and they love it!! ;)

Archived