Robes??

I have read on here that even if you are not in a suite or a diamond member,etc... you can request robes and your room steward will bring them to you. Has anyone had experience with this? We are gold members and will be staying in a balcony stateroom.

I have read on here that even if you are not in a suite or a diamond member,etc... you can request robes and your room steward will bring them to you. Has anyone had experience with this? We are gold members and will be staying in a balcony stateroom.

What you have read is that you can ASK your cabin steward for robes and s/he MAY be able to get them for you.

Ok, Thanks. I know that it is not a sure thing if you request them I was just curious if anyone has had luck with this when asking for them.

Yes, I've been on cruises with Gold members (not in a suite) who have been given robes by the room steward.

Once we got to the platinum level (now emerald), we've always asked and received the robes.

One of the perks of Platinum and above is robes. The robes should be delivered even without asking.

I hesitate to reply as I was once 'lambasted' for admitting that I asked for (and received) a robe from my room steward. I am not diamond and was staying in a cheap-o balcony so apparently to some people I committed a major faux pas by asking...lol..

Anyway - yes, I asked and received a robe. Have a GREAT cruise!

What you have read is that you can ASK your cabin steward for robes and s/he MAY be able to get them for you.

I think that what MM is saying......it never hurts to ask, and if you are not entitled to it........it may be delivered.........or not!

Rick

The robe “delivery “baffles me. We are D+ (at one of the mid tiers with a few extra perks) and, when staying in a NON suite cabin, robes are rarely in the cabin. If we want a robe, we have to ask, and the attendant will say, “I will see what I can do.” It is hit or miss. We get them, sometimes on the second or third night about 75% of the time.

Sorry to get off track and I don’t want to seem ungrateful, but a peeve of mine is having to ask ( beg) for the RCCL published benefits or perks offered.

M

We always ask the room steward to switch the robes to light weight waffle ones, the old ones, no big deal if they can't. The robes they have now are very,very heavy and uncomfortable, they make your neck hurt.JMHO.

The robe “delivery “baffles me. We are D+ (at one of the mid tiers with a few extra perks) and, when staying in a NON suite cabin, robes are rarely in the cabin. If we want a robe, we have to ask, and the attendant will say, “I will see what I can do.” It is hit or miss. We get them, sometimes on the second or third night about 75% of the time.

Sorry to get off track and I don’t want to seem ungrateful, but a peeve of mine is having to ask ( beg) for the RCCL published benefits or perks offered.

M

I'm only Diamond but a robe was in my stateroom waiting for me on my Explorer cruise recently. Ever since reaching Platinum there has been a robe in the room and I've ONLY stayed in inside cabins!

Once we got to the platinum level (now emerald), we've always asked and received the robes.

Ditto! I love my robe! I wear it to the pool/spa onboard, and I bring a lightweight cover up for when we're in port and going to the beach or on a boating/snorkeling type excursion. I live in my robe at home, and it's nice to be able to have one on board without bringing it. They eat up a lot of valuable suitcase space.

I'm only Diamond but a robe was in my stateroom waiting for me on my Explorer cruise recently. Ever since reaching Platinum there has been a robe in the room and I've ONLY stayed in inside cabins!

We must be unlucky. On the May 2011 Freedom, We didn’t get robes, the upgraded bathroom amenities ( a “perk” at 340 points) and were left Emerald coupon ( we are D+ with almost 400 points) books .

I honestly can’t remember a cruise when the robes were waiting in the cabin.

For those who get them - Enjoy

M

I really think it depends on the room steward. The only time I've had a problem was once when we were platinum (also on Explorer) sailing in a JS. Asked for a robe and got a run around (but eventually did get one robe). Also asked for the missing footstool on the balcony to be replaced - never got it. Rare occasion when room steward got only suggested tip. When in a GS, they are waiting in the closet with slippers.

They will give them to anyone, you just have to ask.

The one I got last cruise, the room stewed forgot to take it the last night.

Guess they didn't miss it...

Absolutely not true! I am Platinum, so we get them now, however when we were gold and asked for them, all our cabin stewards always turned us down. So if you get them without being platinum or higher great! But do not openly say Oh anyone gets thems just for the asking - It's just not true. Also, our robes are not in the cabin waitiing for us until after dinner, but we do not have to ask for them.

Absolutely not true! I am Platinum, so we get them now, however when we were gold and asked for them, all our cabin stewards always turned us down. So if you get them without being platinum or higher great! But do not openly say Oh anyone gets thems just for the asking - It's just not true. Also, our robes are not in the cabin waitiing for us until after dinner, but we do not have to ask for them.

I guess the rooms stewards just sense "cool" because they always give me & the Mrs. a couple of them.

Most of the time we don't even use them...

We've had robes ever since reaching Platinum status and have never had to ask for them. However, they are rarely in our cabin upon embarkation as they are usually still in the laundry from the previous sailing. More often than not, our room attendant brings them along late afternoon on the first day and they are still warm from the laundry!

So to the poster concerned about wearing second hand clothes, they are freshly laundered so I have no problem with that.

And as for the poster whose steward did not take their robe on the last night and so guessed that RCI didn't miss it, mmm, ours have never been taken on the last night and I suspect that was said to stir the pot so to speak.:D JMHO. Unless you have a cash SeaPass account, I suspect your credit card could end up with an additional charge when they do the inventory of your cabin following your disembarkation! Only guessing that they would miss it, eventually, as they do with the pool towels. :)

Archived