anyone else disappointed with Michael's club changes?

39august

I am disappointed with the change to Michael's Club on Silhoutte and Reflection to a beer pub. If I understand correctly, the three previous S class ships will not be changed. Is this correct?

I am disappointed with the change to Michael's Club on Silhoutte and Reflection to a beer pub. If I understand correctly, the three previous S class ships will not be changed. Is this correct?

I believe our host Andy or someone who was on the Silhouette pre cruise said that it will be changed on all ships, S class and M class. Don't know about the Century.

On the contrary, I am very excited about this change!

It's about time Celebrity got a decent microbrew venue on board. The old piano-bar-theme of Michaels always seemed a little dated to me.

Hi Everyone !

Don : Wish I could say I was there, but I wasn't. Cruise Critic's Dan Askin was in Hamburg for Silhoutte's naming. I believe the plan is to eventually add the Craft Beer concept to all of the S-Class ships. Reflection should be next up.

Dan's article http://www.cruisecritic.com/blog/index.php/2011/07/22/live-from-celebrity-silhouette-64-bottles-of-beer-on-the-wall/ mentioned that the 3 remaining M-Class ships to be Solsticized, would also offer the Craft Beer concept. The only M-Class ship not mentioned, is Constellation... as she's already had her Solsticization.

The question is, will the Pianos remain on the M-Class ships once the Craft Beer concept has been added ? From what I'm hearing, it's not a given the Piano will be removed. I hope that proves to be the case.

Even though I'm not a beer drinker I am in the "Welcome the Change" camp. Other than when Perry Grant appeared on the CS , or there was a special event, I found Michael's Club to be under utilized. The layout of the space on the S Class ships made the use of it as a piano bar difficult. Only time will tell if the change in function is positive.

Nope! On the Millenium, Michael's Club was dead. We went in for the tutored tasting (which were wonderful btw) and we were the only ones there!

When the piano player was there, there might be half a dozen people. We didn't stay because the piano player was horrible.

We quite enjoy craft beer so we will probably spend a lot of time in the revamped Michael's Club!

We are thrilled, DH is a home brewer/craft beer enthusiast and "made do" with the limited beer selections. However, a venue that takes its beer seriously is a fantastic improvement and one for which Celebrity should be applauded. DH is already planning to purchase the premium drink package for our Summit cruise next September. By the looks of Michael's on Silhouette, it really doesn't look like a brew pub, just a nice bar with a good beer selection. This is a lovely enticement to get DH to cruise more!!!

Change is good.

I don't own the ship so I really don't take a personal interest in what changes.

When I book a cruise the bars don't have any influence on my decision.

I just go with the flow and don't get upset about things that I don't have any control over.

I think the Brew Pub idea is a wonderful idea. We were on the Millenium in April and went into Michael's club a number of times. We considered it "crowded" when there were 6 people in there. The gal they had playing the piano had a very limited selection of music. Not impressed. The atmosphere was nice but it just didn't come together. Times have changed!!

Hi,

On recent Baltics cruise, Michaels bar was empty most nights. We had a drink in there twice after evening meal. We were the only ones in there on both occasions. Bar staff have little to do. I wanted a beer that was readily available throughout the Ship but was unsuccessful in finding one!

We welcome the increased choice of beer and hope they are available at most other bars on the ship.

PS has anyone got an up to date menu showing current prices?

Jim

DH is delighted at the change

In any event the Elite evenings have not been in Michaels on most ships for some time and it was an odd shape on the S class ships, and if it did have guests in it, I am afraid we found some were not very welcoming at "incomers" joining their "club"

I LOVE the concept of the new and improved Michael's! My husband is a craft beer lover and I've developed a taste for some of the fine brews available these days. We're really looking forward to spending LOTS of time there on our upcoming cruise!

It's a great move by a great company that for the most part understands it's clients and what it's trying to create.

Archived