Diamond Plus Amenity List(s)

On the Brilliance of the Seas, Quebec City 11 night cruise, my husband and I got a pair of slippers that had closed toes. These were different than we got once before. We also always seem to get the silly basket with nuts, trail mix, crackers and cheese, and some type of cookie or gummy fruit in it. Don't ask for it but it has appeared on the last 6 cruises we have been on. Plus we get the ordered chocolate covered strawberries and some cookies or petifores. We have had 30 cruises with Royal Caribbean and have 282 nights.

Take care...

Irene & Miles

That is the welcome aboard gift, which Emerald and above have been getting since Royal created Emerald in January 2011. You can choose the beverage by modifying your profile on Royal's website.

• 2 weeks later...
That is the welcome aboard gift, which Emerald and above have been getting since Royal created Emerald in January 2011. You can choose the beverage by modifying your profile on Royal's website.

Wish you could choose another basket of snacks. It is quite a pretty box, but that is it. We do not care for the cookies or trail mix. It sits there and we never touch it. DH took it home once and fed it to the birds in the publix parking lot. They didn't even seem to care for it.:rolleyes:

Wish you could choose another basket of snacks. It is quite a pretty box, but that is it. We do not care for the cookies or trail mix. It sits there and we never touch it. DH took it home once and fed it to the birds in the publix parking lot. They didn't even seem to care for it.:rolleyes:

We keep the snacks (except the dried fruits) for the airplane trip home. I do hope they recycle the baskets.

I vote that they do away with the baskets nobody wants, and bring back the yummy pillow chocolates each evening! :p:D

I vote no also. I really like the nuts and the trail mix and take them to work for a healthy snack.

I love the shortbread cookies but never seem to get them anymore:( Instead we get the brown chocolate hard as rock morsels which are good once you bite into them. They always seem to get eaten.

I don't know whether anyone has posted or not but apparently there are no longer any slippers. We were given slippers on our Voyager cruise on 8 December but our cruise on the Radiance on 30 December no slippers. I asked our Cabin steward for them and he apologised and said that he would get some for us. When he delivered them he said that as of 1 January, slippers were being discontinued although they would keep handing them out until they ran out of them. The same applied to the chocolates on the pillow. We don't like the baskets either and simply leave them behind.

Cheers

Di

Edited by Dizziedi

I like the gift basket and eat everything eventually. Sometimes we eat it on the plane, sometimes on hikes in port.

I use the box on the room desk for makeup or electronics chargers, depending on room category and room storage layout. I use a couple of the boxes in the pantry at home for little things.

I bring the chocolate home ( from suites) and eat it little by little - ghiradelli is good stuff. I realize the old RCI packaged chocolates weren't as good but in a taste test with Carnival chocolate it was far superior. Carnival is the one with brown wax packaged as chocolate. :D

I vote no also. I really like the nuts and the trail mix and take them to work for a healthy snack.

I love the shortbread cookies but never seem to get them anymore:( Instead we get the brown chocolate hard as rock morsels which are good once you bite into them. They always seem to get eaten.

I like the shortbread cookies better than the biscotti too. I'm afraid of breaking a tooth :eek:

I use the box on the room desk for makeup or electronics chargers, depending on room category and room storage layout. I use a couple of the boxes in the pantry at home for little things.

:D

Ah ha....great idea! I will start using it for reciepts, loose change from ports. That will work out perfectly.:D

I like the shortbread cookies better than the biscotti too. I'm afraid of breaking a tooth :eek:

I was afraid too, but now I know it is going to be hard so can be careful with them.

Edited by CruisesOnMyMind

That's the first thing I thought of when I saw our first gift basket. Forget the goodies; that basket is perfect for (as my hubby says) "twid". I use it as my make-up basket, and I can take it either to the desk or in the bathroom, depending on which space hubby is occupying. Love them!

Does yours also say 2 towels per relationship?

I look forward to hearing what you get.

Gina

Sorry...lost track of this thread...I did get the beach towel on Monarch in Dec....it was the nice one with the blow up pillow...& it said 1 per relationship...but I'm single so it wouldn't matter anyway...

Ph...just think..one less thing you had to pack & move...;) thanks again though...it will get plenty of use this summer!

Us too! I never thought of bringing a basket home though. Probably because there is almost no extra room in the suitcase. :D:):D

You don't take the basket home.......you take everything out of the basket and then put the basket in the garbage. The little packages of stuff take up little room:D

You don't take the basket home.......you take everything out of the basket and then put the basket in the garbage. The little packages of stuff take up little room:D

But the basket would be handy for storing those dry sauce packets in the pantry. :D;):D We actually eat most of the stuff in the basket before we disembark.

Edited by Coralc

Sorry...lost track of this thread...I did get the beach towel on Monarch in Dec....it was the nice one with the blow up pillow...& it said 1 per relationship...but I'm single so it wouldn't matter anyway...

Ph...just think..one less thing you had to pack & move...;) thanks again though...it will get plenty of use this summer!

For the record, my list does now have 2 listings for the towels - both 2 per relationship. The one I had selected didn't say it was the CAS towel but the CAS towels are the ones they gave me. I don't have the option to just select one towel anymore - just 2 choices in a row both stating 2 per relationship.

I do like the towels though.

Gina

Just off a B2B on the Mariner. On the first cruise we received the pkg of nuts, cheese and crackers, dried fruit and little cookies in our basket. However, on the second cruise, all that was in the basket was cookies and dried fruit--no nuts, no cheese, no crackers.

In reading the fine print in on RCL's website it states "The pre-selected gift basket will consist of one sweet, one salty and one fruit snack which will be placed in the guest's stateroom." Would like to know what happened to the salty snack??? I'm getting tired of all the constant and never-ending cost cutting.

Linda (and C. D.)

However, on the second cruise, all that was in the basket was cookies and dried fruit--no nuts, no cheese, no crackers.

In reading the fine print in on RCL's website it states "The pre-selected gift basket will consist of one sweet, one salty and one fruit snack which will be placed in the guest's stateroom." Would like to know what happened to the salty snack??? I'm getting tired of all the constant and never-ending cost cutting.

Linda (and C. D.)

Did the second week basket have the wide white ribbon or the narrow blue ribbon? I've had the wrong basket delivered a couple of times. On my Navigator cruise a couple weeks ago the basket had the cheese, crackers, biscotti, nuts and a trail mix (no dried candied fruit). It had the white ribbon.

Just off a B2B on the Mariner. On the first cruise we received the pkg of nuts, cheese and crackers, dried fruit and little cookies in our basket. However, on the second cruise, all that was in the basket was cookies and dried fruit--no nuts, no cheese, no crackers.

Linda (and C. D.)

Sounds like you either got a basket that was filled incorrectly or you got the wrong basket for your C&A Level. Ribbon for D+ must be white with blue C&A log on it.

Did the second week basket have the wide white ribbon or the narrow blue ribbon? I've had the wrong basket delivered a couple of times. On my Navigator cruise a couple weeks ago the basket had the cheese, crackers, biscotti, nuts and a trail mix (no dried candied fruit). It had the white ribbon.

We haven't had the dried candied fruits in any of our baskets for a long time. All we've seen is the chocolate biscotti, round cheese container (no knife anymore), crackers, nuts and trail mix which has some raisins in it.

Biscotti are meant to be dipped in your coffee, tea or wine.:p:D

On our Jewel B2B we first got a basket with a blue ribbon, which I think was the Diamond basket - it had the shortbread cookies. The next time we got the white ribbon, which had the biscotti and more goodies than the other one. So you could ask to be demoted.;)

I wonder if the contents of the gift basket aren't dependent on supplies. Maybe they (whomever makes the baskets) ran out of certain items, or their supplier couldn't get them.

I do know, living in the "fruit and veggie basket" of CA that nuts and certain fruits that are used for dried fruit are going to be in short supply. The drought in recent years has diminished the supplies, and water was cut back during this time so the growers couldn't grow as much.

Just thinking it might all be a supply chain issue.