Diamond Plus Amenity List(s)

This is a question that has confused me. DW and I are both D+, so since we are related, we can only choose one gift? I'm assuming that's the case since we have always only received one. The reason I ask is, some amenities specify one per cabin, which led me to believe the others were per D+ person. I just want to make sure we have been doing it right.

Yes,you've been doing it right.........

Not reading glasses--a cruise!
I like your thinking Nancy!:D

I think the confusion is from Royal's terminology. For example, on the Micro-Fiber tote bag, it lists 1 per relationship in the 175 list and 2 per relationship in the 350 list. So if a couple (relationship) chose that and had 350 points, they would get a total of 2 tote bags. If 2 non-relationship 350+ guests in the same stateroom (Kathy and friend for example) chose that, I believe they would each get 2 tote bags, or a total of 4 tote bags.

My guess is that Royal deems 2 guests in the same stateroom a "relationship" based on things like same home address and/or same last name.

Bob

We are in the under 350 group. I have the wine truffles entered as my preference and DW has one of the wines entered. Yet, we always only receive just my choice. Like you said, the tote bag says "one per relationship," which leads me to believe we should get both of our choices.

I guess I could have questioned this on board every time it happened, but I didn't. Should we be receiving both the truffles and the wine?

Edited by Aquahound

If 2 non-relationship 350+ guests in the same stateroom (Kathy and friend for example) chose that, I believe they would each get 2 tote bags, or a total of 4 tote bags.

Yes,or in our case..6 bottles of wine!!hehe:D

We are in the under 350 group. I have the wine truffles entered as my preference and DW has one of the wines entered. Yet, we always only receive just my choice. Like you said, the tote bag says "one per relationship," which leads me to believe we should get both of our choices.

I guess I could have questioned this on board every time it happened, but I didn't. Should we be receiving both the truffles and the wine?

No,just one and typical RCCL seems to make the man the number one preference(whether it be an amenity or mailings)......

Yes, I think it's fair that both guests get their own choices. After all, both guests are D+ and both guests paid to be D+. If we were cruising in different staterooms, we would get 2 gifts (or 4 or 6 depending on points). However, that's not how Royal sees it. Next time I cruise with family, maybe I'll try booking my wife and I in separate cabins and see if we each get gifts.

Thanks for the list Patti.

I just realized we didn't get a gift while on the Liberty last week. :mad: We did get our preselected item (bottle of beer for DH, water for me). Do you have to call before each cruise to get the D+ Amenity?

Guess I was so happy to be on the ship I forgot all about it.

Sheal

Here's the wine centric view of Patti's amenity list. The numbers next to the wines are the bin number and cost off the current MDR wine list. A few of the wines were not on the current MDR wine list.

Diamond Plus Amenity List(s) (Wine Only)

List A: 175 - 349 cruise points

Asti Spumante, Martini and Rossi (#209, $29)

Cabernet Sauvignon, Solaire by Robert Mondavi (#634, $29)

Cabernet, Caliterra Tributo,Chile (#455, $35)

Chardonnay, Castle Rock (#660, $27)

Chateau Ste Michelle Brut, Calif.

Non-Alcoholic Sparkling Wine (#221, $23)

Pinot Grigio, Danzante Italy (#248, $33)

Sauvignon Blanc, Caliterra Chile (#232, $29)

Zinfandel, Ravenswood (#542, $35)

List B: 350 - 524 cruise points

Chardonnay, Penfolds SE Australia (#646, $35)

Malbec, Familia Rutini Argentina (#675, $35)

Merlot, Mont Gras Reserve (#522, $35)

Rioja, Bodegas Sierra Cantabria, Spain (#677, $45)

Shiraz Rosemount Estate, SE Australia (#411, $35)

Viognier, Cline (#699, $36)

White Zinfandel, Beringer (#295, $27)

List C: 525+ cruise points

Cabernet, Robert Mondavi, Winery Napa (#437, $58)

Carmenere, Arboleda, Chile (#492, $38)

Chardonnay, Mer Soleil (#298, $59)

Chardonnay Sutter Home

Domain Chandon, Brut, California (#223, $43)

Fume Blanc, Ferrari-Carano (#261, $45)

Merlot, Blackstone (#519, $42)

Pinot Grigio Santa Margherita (#273, $45)

Woodbridge Cabernet

Woodbridge Zinfandel

I actually had three huge lists made up but then posted it this way so that folks would see exactly what additional choices they will have after reaching each new cruise point level.

Thanks Patti, this list is very helpful!!!:)

For those that are interested, I have complied a list of amenities available at the different D+ cruise point levels. I have also grouped them by category. This is the current listing, but you all know it is subject to change without notice.:)

SR = Stateroom Delivery

DR = Dining Room Delivery

THank you Patti!

Here's the wine centric view of Patti's amenity list. The numbers next to the wines are the bin number and cost off the current MDR wine list. A few of the wines were not on the current MDR wine list.

Thanks Bob. Now I think I'll go print this list off and do some comparison shopping here in our stores. :D

Edited by cruisenfever

Thanks Bob. Now I think I'll go print this list off and do some comparison shopping here in our stores. :D

You're welcome, but you provided all the hard work. I just cut and pasted.

Regarding comparison shopping, obviously you will find Royal's prices much higher than your local wine shop. It's probably more appropriate to compare Royal's prices to restaurant prices, and in that case Royal's prices are pretty good, especially on higher priced wines.

For example, the Mondavi Cab goes for about $20 in our local wine shop, and is $58 on the ship, almost 3 times the price. The Caymus Cab (too expensive for the amenity list) goes for $75 in our local wine shop, and $92 on the ship. Not a bad percentage markup on the Caymus.

Someone once posted here on CC that they thought Royal just added about $30 to the retail (wine shop) price of wine. I don't think that is too far off the mark.

Bob

Thanks for the list Bob –

What a nice surprise to bump into you and Lee at Nachi Cocom last week! Hope to see you both soon.

M

Yes Marci, it was an incredible surprise, especially considering that we were on different ships!

See you soon.

Bob

Thanks for the list, Patti, say hi to Jim for me.

My standing order is for a bottle of wine, but more times than not, I've also gotten the cheese plate and strawberries as welcome back gifts from the hotel manager and the loyalty ambassador. If I play my cruises right I'll get to 340 points by the end of next year which will get me the 150% single supplement rate which to me is worth a lot more than the amenities.

Thanks for the list Patti.

I just realized we didn't get a gift while on the Liberty last week. :mad: We did get our preselected item (bottle of beer for DH, water for me). Do you have to call before each cruise to get the D+ Amenity?

Guess I was so happy to be on the ship I forgot all about it.

Sheal

Thanks Patti, this list is very helpful!!!:)

THank you Patti!
Thanks for the list, Patti, say hi to Jim for me.

You are all more than welcome. I'm so glad that it is useful to you all. It's my way of giving back to the CC Community. Happy Holidays.

Larry, we gotta cruise together again. Jim says "HI".:)

No,just one and typical RCCL seems to make the man the number one preference(whether it be an amenity or mailings)......

When we were on Navigator earlier this month, I had wanted the gift that was first on my list. It was a 6 night cruise so I was to only get one. Which one did they give me? The one I didn't want. I asked the LA if I could trade it in for the other one. He said that once it's ordered pre-cruise, it can't be changed.

It was at this time the shore side person who was on board told me that it's the oldest male in the family who's account they go by if there is a discrepancy in the gifts chosen. She also said the default is the first item on the list in the case of a 6 night or shorter cruise. So, I asked her why the first on MY list and my DH's list was not the item we received. I consider the first item to be the one on the 175 list at the "my cruises" website since it is listed first. She showed me their print out and said the "1st" on my list was the other one. I saw it listed second on her list. She explained it..."I know how the system works and the bottom one is the 1st one." :confused: :eek:

Really? There ended up being more to it and I left being VERY unhappy with this particular LA.

But I thought I might mention this so when people go on a short cruise, they might want to call and tell C&A which ONE item they want - to be sure they get the one they really prefer. Also, they did tell me that we can call and make the female household member the primary member of the family. I have been told by C&A in the past that I AM the primary member but according to the shore side woman on board, I am not.

As usual, it depends on who you ask. :rolleyes:

Gina

Edited by mommabean

Yes, I think it's fair that both guests get their own choices. After all, both guests are D+ and both guests paid to be D+. If we were cruising in different staterooms, we would get 2 gifts (or 4 or 6 depending on points). However, that's not how Royal sees it. Next time I cruise with family, maybe I'll try booking my wife and I in separate cabins and see if we each get gifts.

You will.

We know people who did this and they did both get gifts. They booked this way for that reason and one other reason. They thought they'd be getting their friends into the CL even though they switched rooms to be with their mates. They did NOT get their friends into the CL.

Gina

When we were on Navigator earlier this month, I had wanted the gift that was first on my list. It was a 6 night cruise so I was to only get one. Which one did they give me? The one I didn't want. I asked the LA if I could trade it in for the other one. He said that once it's ordered pre-cruise, it can't be changed.

It was at this time the shore side person who was on board told me that it's the oldest male in the family who's account they go by if there is a discrepancy in the gifts chosen. She also said the default is the first item on the list in the case of a 6 night or shorter cruise. So, I asked her why the first on MY list and my DH's list was not the item we received. I consider the first item to be the one on the 175 list at the "my cruises" website since it is listed first. She showed me their print out and said the "1st" on my list was the other one. I saw it listed second on her list. She explained it..."I know how the system works and the bottom one is the 1st one." :confused: :eek:

Really? There ended up being more to it and I left being VERY unhappy with this particular LA.

But I thought I might mention this so when people go on a short cruise, they might want to call and tell C&A which ONE item they want - to be sure they get the one they really prefer. Also, they did tell me that we can call and make the female household member the primary member of the family. I have been told by C&A in the past that I AM the primary member but according to the shore side woman on board, I am not.

As usual, it depends on who you ask. :rolleyes:

Gina

When I take a short cruise, I change both selections to the one that I want to make sure I get what I want.

That shore-side rep told me that the selection you receive is the one that was most recently changed (or added). Maybe she did a little more digging after talking with you, Gina.

Also, she helped me get wine from the 525+ list for my LB b2b's after that NV. I couldn't order from that list in advance because I was not qualified until this NV trip.

Thanks Patti AND Bob. It's really nice to have the wine separated out like that.

Gina

You're welcome.

You will.

We know people who did this and they did both get gifts. They booked this way for that reason and one other reason. They thought they'd be getting their friends into the CL even though they switched rooms to be with their mates. They did NOT get their friends into the CL.

Gina

Thanks for the info. I'm gonna try this sometime.

Bob

Edited by clarea

When I take a short cruise, I change both selections to the one that I want to make sure I get what I want.

That shore-side rep told me that the selection you receive is the one that was most recently changed (or added). Maybe she did a little more digging after talking with you, Gina.

Also, she helped me get wine from the 525+ list for my LB b2b's after that NV. I couldn't order from that list in advance because I was not qualified until this NV trip.

I realized after this problem that I should be doing what you suggest - make all gifts the same so there is no mix up. I did that when I got home since my next cruise will be a short one.

I actually had spoken with C&A about my amenities prior to the cruise, making sure they had the selections correct. I had just switched to the beach towels and wasn't sure I did it in time. I had forgotten the short cruise rule of just one gift. It was never mentioned by the C&A rep that I would only get one gift and she knew which cruise I was going on since I also got her to tell me who the headliners would be on that particular cruise. The shore side woman on board's response really annoyed me...she acted as if I was lying when she asked how C&A would know the headliners? She works in that dept. and they don't have access to that information, she said. :eek: Really? I let her know that it's right there on their computers and that C&A gives me that info before every cruise. Then the LA goes off on how that headliner information isn't always right - as if that is what we were even talking about. He started getting not so nice about a subject that wasn't the real issue.

So now she told you it was the last gift changed that you would get. Well, that's not the one I got either. The towels were the first on my list and the last one changed. She got it wrong on both counts. LOL

I found this guy to be less than helpful on another cruise when I just needed some simple information from him. His asst. by the same name was really, really nice.

Gina

I do find it odd that my partner and I are both D+, but we only get 1 bottle on a 7-day cruise when staying in the same cabin. We both paid to get to D+. If I cruised with someone who has NEVER been on RCCL, we'd get 1 bottle because of my D+ status, but when I cruise with another D+, we still only get the 1 bottle....doesn't make much sense. Oh well, we make up for it in the concierge and diamond lounges from 5-830pm....LOL