2013/2014 Deployment Schedule(for bookings)

PH8

My issue is that I am looking to book a Suite for a Transatlantic, and they tend to book up quickly. I don't like the three sailings that Royal currently has open, so I am waiting to see what the other Voyager class ships look like for next year, especially the Mariner or the Navigator.

If Royal doesn't put something out in the next week or so I will probably end up booking on the Silhouette. I will be Diamond by Fall of 2013 so that will at least also give me the Elite Status on Celebrity, but it would delay me getting to Diamond +.

I like Celebrity, but I figure I can wait until I am a little older to make them my primary ships. :) I still want to be a little more active as I am only 41.

Wow, I'm in the same boat with the suite and also 41. We are already diamond and looking to be plus by next year. I have already booked all of the TA's and not really happy with any of them. I have also booked Celebrity and Princess. I'm waiting but not so patiently. Good luck to you.

If they would even acknowledge the delay and perhaps offer an explanation for same, things might be more bearable.

I wonder if their economic models are now telling them their deployment plans need to change especially in regard to ship placement ?

I've seen people saying that the releases this year are "late" as compared to past years. I will disagree, as last year we were on Navigator OTS the last half of April. We visited future cruises several times waiting for the release of cruises in 2013. It never happened while on board, so we did a next cruise certificate instead.

It was early May last year when the seasonal Caribbean cruises were released. I cashed in my next cruise certificate on the day they were released.

So, I will continue to wait. Other than us here on CC, I'm not convinced that many people book 6 or 7 hundred days in advance.

The "lateness" problem that many are complaining about is related to the fact that despite the schedule released some weeks ago, a schedule not much different from last year's, RCI has not adhered to that schedule and in several instances, such as the Jewel 2013 westbound TA, which should have been released sometime during the last week in March and the first week in April have yet to be revealed. An acknowledgement of that fact by RCI and perhaps an explanation for the delay or announcement of a new schedule would reduce or eliminate the frustration. I am sure that the people at RCI who answer the phones and have to deal with frustrated potential passengers would like to have accurate information to provide to the callers.

If they would even acknowledge the delay and perhaps offer an explanation for same, things might be more bearable.

"I wonder if their economic models are now telling them their deployment plans need to change especially in regard to ship placement ?" If that were to be the case, a simple statement from the executives at RCI to that effect would do much to tamper the frustration.

Hoping out of Florida somewhere then any cruise that stops at st Thomas. I may choose another cruise line if I like the itinerary better, but want to see all my options first before deciding!!

St.Thomas is where we are doing the ceremony also! Best of luck to you and stay positive throughout the entire planning process.

I'm sure you are right, but there appear to be even more of us who will wait, however impatiently, for the books to open. We are still more than a year away from any of the cruises yet to be released but it would clearly be to RCI's benefit to keep to the schedule that they, themselves, established and failing to do so doesn't add to their credibility but does contribute to frustration among their most loyal clients. If they would even acknowledge the delay and perhaps offer an explanation for same, things might be more bearable.

I agree totally! The issue is their communication and the rude attitude Crown and Anchor society gives when you call to ask. After all, customer service is key to their survival and I am sure they will lose some of the market for this. Especially those of us who are NOT anxiously waiting for the Jewel to come out and will go to other lines.

Last year the Jewel TA came out March 23 and within a week or so I think all the best cabins were taken. So time is certainly relevant.

Anne

The "lateness" problem that many are complaining about is related to the fact that despite the schedule released some weeks ago, a schedule not much different from last year's, RCI has not adhered to that schedule and in several instances, such as the Jewel 2013 westbound TA, which should have been released sometime during the last week in March and the first week in April have yet to be revealed. An acknowledgement of that fact by RCI and perhaps an explanation for the delay or announcement of a new schedule would reduce or eliminate the frustration. I am sure that the people at RCI who answer the phones and have to deal with frustrated potential passengers would like to have accurate information to provide to the callers.

"I wonder if their economic models are now telling them their deployment plans need to change especially in regard to ship placement ?" If that were to be the case, a simple statement from the executives at RCI to that effect would do much to tamper the frustration.

I agree that they should at least put out new dates or a blast email to all their staff saying that there is a delay and the new dates or timeframe. You can talk to 3 different RCL employees and get 3 different answers.

I wonder if their economic models are now telling them their deployment plans need to change especially in regard to ship placement ?

Carnival does this very well. Their famous CD, John Heald, often posts on Facebook that itiniaries are changing slightly or that they are still negotiating with a port and therefore there has been a 1-2 week delay. I love reading his blog even though I am not a Carnival fan in general because it is honest and up to date and makes you feel like you are a part of a company that thinks things through. Much less frustration that way!

For example, when they decided to move the Splendor from LA, he posted that a replacement would be coming, although a smaller ship given the economic issues with MX. Even though I was bummed, it was nothing like the time RCCL pulled the Mariner from LA with zero warning... PR goes a long way in this industry.

I am also awaiting the Jewel as I have looked at this one for years and finally decided to book it. If not the Jewel at least the itinerary that she usually takes westbound. If I am not anxious for a prime cabin but only a "seat on the bus" as it were do I have to be there the day it is posted? In other words does it sell out so fast that one has to book in the first week or do I have a bit of a breather to get an inside cabin? RCI does not pay interest on the booking money so it is earning a bit in the current personal account. Enough to buy half a drink maybe - make that a quarter.

I do feel that more communication as to the possible scheduling would be in the company's interest but I will be patient.

Karen

I am also awaiting the Jewel as I have looked at this one for years and finally decided to book it. If not the Jewel at least the itinerary that she usually takes westbound. If I am not anxious for a prime cabin but only a "seat on the bus" as it were do I have to be there the day it is posted? In other words does it sell out so fast that one has to book in the first week or do I have a bit of a breather to get an inside cabin? RCI does not pay interest on the booking money so it is earning a bit in the current personal account. Enough to buy half a drink maybe - make that a quarter.

I do feel that more communication as to the possible scheduling would be in the company's interest but I will be patient.

Karen

I would book early rather than later even with an inside cabin, because the prices go up when the ship starts filling up. Any interest you lose may be much less than the increase on cabin cost.:D

anne

With the large amount of experienced cruisers on this thread, would anyone have any idea how much the deposit may be for 9 or 10 day cruise family of 4 in jr suite?

I believe the deposit is $250 per person for the 9 night, and $450 per person for the 10 night.

So I'm looking at the Deployment schedule and it occurs to me that cruises out of San Juan are now seasonal caribbean because ships are not there year round.

So does that mean the the date for those cruises to be released is yet "TBD?"

Looks like they have updated their deployment schedule release dates: http://www.creative.rccl.com/e-lite/RCI/2012/Deployment/12027514-2012_Deployment/home.html

It may have been like this for a couple days; I don't check it everyday but it looks different than the last time I checked.

Yep- Looks like they changed the April 15th dates (SUNDAY) to Monday the 16th....I was curious about a SUNDAY release working?

D:D

Looks like they have updated their deployment schedule release dates: http://www.creative.rccl.com/e-lite/RCI/2012/Deployment/12027514-2012_Deployment/home.html

It may have been like this for a couple days; I don't check it everyday but it looks different than the last time I checked.

Yes, this looks new. Thanks for posting it.

We will be on a Celebrity cruise when the RCI Europe/Transatlantic cruises become available for booking the week of April 23rd. I have some questions:

1. Can we put a cabin on hold via a Celebrity computer and then book through the Future Cruise consultant to get the same cabin?

2. Will a Celebrity Future Cruise consultant allow us to book an RCI cruise where we want to transfer the deposit from another Celebrity Europe cruise to an RCI Transatlantic? The travel agent (not Celebrity) says they can transfer the deposit, but we don't know how responsive they will be to emails while we are on the cruise (big time difference). I would think the Future Cruise consultant would not book this for the travel agent to apply an existing deposit, but I thought I would ask those of you who may have experience with this. If the Future Cruise consultant doesn't allow this, would he/she allow us to pay another deposit and then we can get the other deposit transferred for a double deposit - we don't care about the 50 cent interest we may earn by keeping the deposit $$$ ;). We don't want to cancel the other cruise due to a cancellation penalty, which won't happen if we transfer the cruise to another cruise.
  3. How much is the deposit per person or per cabin when booking onboard? $100? $200? $450? Not an open Passages certificate, but a real booking?
  4. If we don't book the Jewel Westbound Transatlantic while on board, what is the likelihood that we can get an ocean view (preferable) or inside cabin by the first week in May when we return?

So I'm looking at the Deployment schedule and it occurs to me that cruises out of San Juan are now seasonal caribbean because ships are not there year round.

I have the same question but for out of Baltimore. Now Enchantment sails from Baltimore.

How the heck can they call Canada/New England cruises open for 2013-14 with just ONE itinerary for Aug 13 currently available!!!! :mad::confused:

Karen - I agree....the same thing with N. Europe. Those can't be all the ships they'll have over there next summer! If so, then I guess I'm going with Celebrity since I don't want to leave out of England. I'm holding out for Amsterdam since I'll be over there anyways next summer for work.

i am wondering the same thing. We are debating a SJ departure (HIGH airfare but lower cruise price) or a FL departure (car or cheap airfare but higher cruise price). We need to see all options PLUS airfare, which won't be out until June, to decide.

Personally, we are going to book when the year-round caribbean comes out, choosing the date, cabin, etc. that we want. If we decide later to go to the SJ departure (which is what I really want to do, but hey, we need the budget to be right too!), we can also transfer the booking.

Kathy,

I see no reason why we can't book with the Celebrity people while on board. I bought future cruise certificates for Royal on the Infinity and I booked our Hawaii cruise on Voyager of the Seas.

It's a $100 deposit as far as I know. Bring your C&A number with you for the booking. They should give us the balcony discount.

I am really extremely unhappy about this whole business.

Archived