"LIVE" from Celebrity Silhouette - March 29, 2012

Radio

I go away to Atlantic City for a few days and miss the first few days of my first X cruise! Looks great Mark! Thanks again for helping our time pass until next cruise!

well dawn...if you'd been paying attention, you would have known to take your laptop and read CC instead of donating to Trump!!!:eek::D

Reliving our cruise through different eyes, enjoying all the pictures. We loved the Hideaway and used it each morning to read the little USA Today and do the crossword puzzle, miss that on Royal.

We were placed at a large table for 12 in the MDR, never again!!!!!!!!! Did they replace or at least put rollers on the God awful orange chairs in the MDR yet? You could NOT scoot yourself toward the table as the chairs were so heavy, major complaint from everyone!

Loved the baby carriage type double lounges in the Solarium, The ship is very quirky, notice the bird cages , I think on deck 5. You will see/notice something new as you roam around more. We were never bored, but this ship is not a good choice for children/teens/ young adults.

Have a great time in St. Thomas!:)

well dawn...if you'd been paying attention, you would have known to take your laptop and read CC instead of donating to Trump!!!:eek::D

Meg, They now have free AT&T wifi at Trump's Taj Mahal. I was excited to find that out. We stayed overnight Friday night and I realized Saturday morning that my ipod was connected!!

We were placed at a large table for 12 in the MDR, never again!!!!!!!!! Did they replace or at least put rollers on the God awful orange chairs in the MDR yet? You could NOT scoot yourself toward the table as the chairs were so heavy, major complaint from everyone!

Have a great time in St. Thomas!:)

Hahaha.......I had to laugh at your chair comment. We hated those chairs too!! Our poor waiter had to push us in and pull us back out at the end of the meal. Everyone at our table felt the same way.......we had lots of laughs over those chairs!! LOL

Oh no! :eek:

I thought I was well on my way to Emerald C&A status on RCCL and then working towards Diamond, but now it looks for sure that I HAVE to try a Celebrity Solstice class ship.

Thanks Radio for another fabulous review and great photos. Amazing how only a few days into your cruise your reviews are already pages longer than our Allure Roll Call started almost a year ago:p

I SO want to be on that aft deck right about now. Enjoy it!

Hahaha.......I had to laugh at your chair comment. We hated those chairs too!! Our poor waiter had to push us in and pull us back out at the end of the meal. Everyone at our table felt the same way.......we had lots of laughs over those chairs!! LOL

I was taught to speak the truth!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:D

Yes, I will be writing up my experiences on the Allure. Don't expect it to be as extensive as the Oasis. But maybe it will be. :)

Thanks Buffett fan. :)

Brian- Your food reviews are the BEST! I will look for your post on 4/8. Happy eating!

Hello everyone. . . I went up to the Sr. Officers party tonight, and there were maybe 250 passengers up there. . .it was very crowded. Captain Kafetzis spoke for a few moments. . .All passengers were waiting for the April fools joke. It was something about the Greeks, and the Romas. . .

The drinks were flowing, and there was a lot of laughter with the Officers and Guests. All of the Officers really do mingle with guest onboard. I am not used to seeing this.

Jordon Bennett (Broadway Star, Musician) seemed to be very popular with the crowd. . .He was good, but it didn’t appeal to me. Several of the “Live” band on board are very good. . .Kenosis played again down by the Passport Bar on Deck 3. There is a Jazz band also playing in the Ensemble Lounge near Michael's Club on Deck 5.

We are only about 125 nm from St Thomas. . .The water is calm and there are no clouds in the sky. . . I am sure that I may happen to wake up early in the morning. I would expect that we should see land before 7AM.

Here are a few pics from tonight. . .

More pics tomorrow at our arrival to our 1st Port. Thanks for all of the very nice comments.

Radio

There are a lot of unusual seating on the ship. . .It is very comfortable though.

D35.JPG

Jordan Bennett perform for passengers in the Silhouette Theater

D37.JPG

Silhouette Cruise Director, Paul Baya introduces the Officers at the The Elite Senior Officers Party up in the Sky Lounge.

D38.JPG

Captain Demitrios Kafetzis (L) spoke for a few moments.

D39.JPG

Kenosis entertains down on Deck 3 for a big after dinner crowd.

D40.JPG

The Tree appears to be suspended on Deck 7. . .it is an unusual illusion.

D41.JPG

great photos...

i also liked that the officers mingle a lot with the guests...it's interesting to speak with them and get insight into the day to day life on the ship...

on Summit I spoke for about 20 minutes with the Human Resources manager...she really gave a lot of info about how the ship runs ..

glad you're enjoying the trip..can't wait for some photos in port!!!

thanks again!:)

Radio, Celebrity has had the officers out and about on their ships for awhile now. They are all so friendly and when you go on another Celebrity ship you might just meet one or two of them again. It makes it more like going home and seeing your family, Celebrity family that is. Love your pics, great camera and eye you have.

Pat

I too love how the officers are about. We even had the captain and hotel manager passing out towels and serving water and champagne at our last port on our Summit cruise. Made a difference for me! I loved it!:)

Hello everyone. . . The Party Band “Kenosis” played very good music.

D29.JPG

The Pool decks were packed tight !

D30.JPG

Celebrity Central (Deck 4) is home to many of the Celebrity Life Activities

C11.JPG

A Bacio Café Americano at Café Al Bacio. . .

D23.JPG

Thanks Radio for including a picture of the band.

It also included my daughtericon7.gif. She's the one holding the mike and wearing sunglasses.

Keep up the great work

Peter

Hi Radio, :)thanks again for bringing your experience to us.

Hi Meg, is the "news reference" something of an inside joke? I have

seen in mentioned a few times on here...just wondering since I have

no idea what you and Radio are talking about.

why yes Lois, it is!!!:p

Morning Radio! As always, totally loving your review and the great pictures. I've only sailed Celebrity once before, and it was in 2006 to Bermuda. Seeing this ship through your eyes is seriously making me consider jumping from RC to try another Celebrity cruise. So many choices, so little time off ;)

Have a great day in St. Thomas - we'll all be thinking of you enjoying the sunshine and warmth :)

Ginger

Good morning everyone. . .Welcome to DAY 5 of “LIVE” from Celebrity Silhouette.

We have arrived in St. Thomas, USVI. . .We pulled into the West Indies Pier area at about 7AM, and we should be tied up much before the scheduled time of 8AM.

We have Carnival Victory and Adventure of the Seas with us today, and Caribbean Princess is over at the Crown Bay Pier (where Oasis and Allure dock)

I can see all of the taxis getting set up for a busy day in St Thomas. The sun is out full, and while this morning there were a few clouds it seems that we will have a bright day in store. The Ship should be cleared by about 8:30AM. I have a scheduled a rental car from Budget (right here at the dock) for 10AM, so there is no rush for me to leave the ship in a hurry.

There are a couple thousand passengers who may be (to quote my cabin attendant) “Like a heard of Cattle” at the Gangway.

I may be heading over to Morningstar Beach, and Sapphire Beach if I can.

Here are a few pics from out arrival. . . There will be more pics later on.

Thanks for the nice comments. . .

Radio

This was the image from MarineTraffic this morning at about 5AM

MAP5.JPG

Ahh. . .I see Adventure of the Seas joining us

E14.JPG

We approach St. Thomas at about 8 kts

E13.JPG

We are greeted this morning by a very bright sunrise !

E1.JPG

We are getting closer, as I can see the Marriott Frenchman’s Reef Resort

E4.JPG

Here is a quick view of the Radio “Press” Room, on Deck 7

E5.JPG

Here are a few more. . .

More pics later !

Radio

;);)

We can see the Pier, and will dock behind Carnival Victory

E6.JPG

We approach the Pier slowly. . .

E7.JPG

Ahhh, here comes Adventure of the Seas behind us.

E8.JPG

I wont have far to walk for the Rental. . .

E16.JPG

I can see all of the taxis getting set up for a busy day in St Thomas. The sun is out full, and while this morning there were a few clouds it seems that we will have a bright day in store. The Ship should be cleared by about 8:30AM. I have a scheduled a rental car from Budget (right here at the dock) for 10AM, so there is no rush for me to leave the ship in a hurry.

There are a couple thousand passengers who may be (to quote my cabin attendant) “Like a heard of Cattle” at the Gangway.

I may be heading over to Morningstar Beach, and Sapphire Beach if I can.

Here are a few pics from out arrival. . . There will be more pics later on.

St. Thomas was my favorite stop. Have lots of fun, and can't wait to see pictures.

I know too from having read many of Radio's past "live reviews" but I'll let Radio explain if he chooses. ;)

I know too from having read many of Radio's past "live reviews" but I'll let Radio explain if he chooses. ;)

I mentioned it on this "LIVE" as well. . .Sometimes when I get home from work, I tell Mrs Radio that I will be watching the News. . .

"Oh, OK. . .in other words you will be taking a nap"

This just kind of stuck, and now I have to "watch the news" each afternoon for a for bit. . .:)

Radio

;);)

Archived