"LIVE" from Celebrity Silhouette - March 29, 2012

Radio

Yipee she says clapping hands together....the two beaches I most wanted to see. I know the Morning Star is below Marriott. And Sapphire is probably where we'll elect to go come Thanksgiving, since we've already been over to St. John, but I hope you take lots of pics Radio:p

I'm soooooooo green with envy it's pathetic!:o

Yipee she says clapping hands together....the two beaches I most wanted to see. I know the Morning Star is below Marriott. And Sapphire is probably where we'll elect to go come Thanksgiving, since we've already been over to St. John, but I hope you take lots of pics Radio:p

I'm soooooooo green with envy it's pathetic!:o

my aunt and i went to morningstar at Radio's suggestion when we all cruised in November...VERY nice....easy to get to.....and great views.(of the ships....especially if you go up to the main hotel building...) the beach is public IIRC...and i think we were able to rent chairs too...and my aunt did have a yummy beverage!!!

Hi all!

Loving this cruise!:D Question please, are the flowers on the table there in Cafe Al Bacio

real? I love fresh flowers on a cruise.

Have a great day in St Thomas, looking forward to seeing the beaches, it's 39F here.:(

~ Jo ~ :)

Here are a few more. . .

More pics later !

Radio

;);)>>snip fwd>>

I wont have far to walk for the Rental. . .

E16.JPG

Hey Radio, I see my Wrangler waiting for me! :) I must say, there looks to be many more in the fleet than there was last time! Glad there are 2 white ones, because one of them has my name on it! :)

Cheers, Enjoy your day on St. Thomas

:)!

my aunt and i went to morningstar at Radio's suggestion when we all cruised in November...VERY nice....easy to get to.....and great views.(of the ships....especially if you go up to the main hotel building...) the beach is public IIRC...and i think we were able to rent chairs too...and my aunt did have a yummy beverage!!!

Meg: do you have any pics? Someone I read said you had to take a taxi because of the proximity to the mountains even though it is just almost right there by the pier. I remember going by it on the way to St. John the last time we were there.

Ha ha. . . The Elite breakfast will be held in the Tuscan Grille all week from 8-10AM. At night they will be using Michael's Club from 5-7PM. . .

I will "watch the news" (take a nap) after the Celebrity Connections meeting. . .

Radio

;);)

When we were onboard in February, there were so many Elites onboard that the cocktail hour (5 to7) had to be moved to the Sky Observation Lounge, which was a beautiful venue for it, especially at sunset.

Our room was also close to the Hideaway and we really liked the location.:)

After going on the Oasis you may not like celebrity.

I'd have to disagree. The experiences are definitely different but it is very possible to sail on both and enjoy both for what each ship has to offer. We were on the beautiful Silhouette in February, have sailed on both Oasis and Allure, and will be on Allure with our kids and grandkids in December. The two are not mutually exclusive. :)

Radio -

Looking at the picture of your "office", you seem to have an "angle" balcony, where the ship slopes out, Celebrity's version of the hump. Do you feel that the balcony is that much more spacious then the regular flat balcony?

We had regular balcony cabins on the Solstice and Silhouette and felt that the balconies were a tad small.

Your "angle" balcony seems deeper.

Meg: do you have any pics? Someone I read said you had to take a taxi because of the proximity to the mountains even though it is just almost right there by the pier. I remember going by it on the way to St. John the last time we were there.

you do...it's farther than it looks, but still only about 5-10 minutes.

I do have photos, but I would prefer to not post them don't want to step on Radio's toes...;) He will post some later i believe...and if not, then i will.....I am lucky enough to call Radio a friend, and i'd like to keep it that way...several of us will be present at the next LIVE cruise...and i would like to do that ON the ship, as opposed to swimming behind all the way to Bermuda!!

Radio -

Looking at the picture of your "office", you seem to have an "angle" balcony, where the ship slopes out, Celebrity's version of the hump. Do you feel that the balcony is that much more spacious then the regular flat balcony?

We had regular balcony cabins on the Solstice and Silhouette and felt that the balconies were a tad small.

it does look like it's a really nice size doesn't it? i will admit, i've only seen S class balconies from my OWN balcony on EX.. but, in my non-scientific opinion, they look a little bigger...though it may be an optical illusion...

yes radio, inquiring minds would like to know!

Radio -

They are much deeper and add about 20% to the balcony. I loved mine aboard Solstice and since then have made sure all my bookings are angled up cabins. Some were concerned that they added depth would create a tunnel like feel to the place but I can tell you that it was not the case at all. Enjoy!

Radio, this one almost got by me and that's because we were on the Explorer last week and I'm just catching up on the boards. So glad I found this because I'm already suffering from PCD:)

Theresa

Archived