"LIVE" from Celebrity Silhouette - March 29, 2012

Radio

Good Easter Morning to everyone.

Firstly, thank you so much Radio. You have no idea how much appreciated your broadcast was to me. I HAD cruise fever to a fine pitch and it has now eroded somewhat. But......sadly, I am feeling along with you that high anxiety that comes with the return trip. That, OMG OMG feeling that it's almost over.....boohoo! Anyway, thanks again for a great ride. Can't wait for November to hear about our Freedom and then my turn will come......

Don't forget to get a really good picture of the Teardrop when you dock....

sad-023.gif

Happy Easter Radio,

You're doing a great report. I am a fan! Thank you for all your time sharing this with us.

We were on the same ship the previous sailing from New York and we had a blast. Silhouette has a fine crew. Wish we took pictures of the memorable crew when we were there, especially Jose serving us at the back of the ship in Oceanview cafe.

Enjoy the rest of your cruise and don't miss the brunch.

Good Morning and Happy Easter Radio:

Thanks for the wonderful review, if you have time please take pictures of the teenagers area. We are cruising on the Silhouette this summer and want my children to get as excited as I am.

Enjoy the rest of your cruise!!

Good Morning Radio and a Happy Easter to you:D..

When I read your reviews and see the great photos I almost want to cancel our cruise on the Oasis and book the Silhouette:confused:,, but we are going with the family (grandaughter will be 4yrs.) and I think they will enjoy the Oasis more,,,maybe next time...

Thanks again and happy sailing:cool:..

Happy Easter Radio,

As always your photos are beyond compare and The Boss and I can't wait to see the many more that will me on your site. Is is so nice to be CruisingwithRadio (dot com), again.

Happy Easter Radio

Thanks so much for all the pictures. We are scheduled for the Feb 10 sailing on Silhouette. We are first time X cruisers after 5 with Princess and we are really looking forward to see her

Thanks again

Bob and Darlene

Happy Easter Radio,

Thank you for the terrific pictures, &the great reporting of your cruise. I am already sad that I won't get to tune in every day to see what port you are off to next. You made the experience real to those of us who had to drive into work every day. It's been fun following along!

Happy Easter Radio.

I will second Megs comment on Radios photography!!! :)

Because we don't have any cruises booked right now, this is the next best thing!!! I am hanging on every photo and post. Between Radios LIVE and Trainman2 LIVE from the Jewel over on the RC thread.

HAPPY EASTER EVERYONE!!

The wife and I have enjoyed your Live posts so so much as we always do. You have baited our desire to try Celebrity for sure. We are so excited to be back on the seas in less thane 20 days.

Wow, all the way to NJ??!!

Hi Radio - I've been reading along but don't think I've checked in. I want to thank you for another great live review and photos. You have enticed me to check into a Celebrity cruise! Looking forward to the next few days with you!

Hi all & Happy Easter!

Radio ~ thanks so much for taking us on this lovely cruise. :D Did you happen to notice any of the automatic Blackjack machines with people on a screen like they have on Oasis? I really like those!;)

Sounds like you've had a great time, can't really go wrong on X IMO.

~ Jo ~ :)

Happy Easter Radio,

You're doing a great report. I am a fan! Thank you for all your time sharing this with us.

We were on the same ship the previous sailing from New York and we had a blast. Silhouette has a fine crew. Wish we took pictures of the memorable crew when we were there, especially Jose serving us at the back of the ship in Oceanview cafe.

Enjoy the rest of your cruise and don't miss the brunch.

Thanks for the nice comments. . . The brunch was very good, and I am happy you mentioned it as there was only a small mention of it in Celebrity today. Thanks. . .

Radio

;);)

Happy Easter Radio,

As always your photos are beyond compare and The Boss and I can't wait to see the many more that will me on your site. Is is so nice to be CruisingwithRadio (dot com), again.

Thanks Ken, it make take a few days to get them on line. . . Thanks for your very nice comments.

I probably have enough Celebrity On Line time to post another dozen or so before tomorrow night. I will have better access on Tuesday morning when we arrive in Bayonne. I think I may be stopping off at a Starbucks possibly when I get off of the ship :o

Radio

;);)

Thanks Ken, it make take a few days to get them on line. . . Thanks for your very nice comments.

I probably have enough Celebrity On Line time to post another dozen or so before tomorrow night. I will have better access on Tuesday morning when we arrive in Bayonne. I think I may be stopping off at a Starbucks possibly when I get off of the ship :o

Radio

;);)

or a reasonable facsimile thereof???;)

Hello everyone. . . I am happy that I have some relaxing Seas days after 5 full days in port. I am certainly not complaining, but I have never been on a cruise with 5 Port days in a row. . .and I am happy for these relaxing days at sea.

It still feels very warm outside, but he wind has increased enough for me to start wearing long pants, and long sleeve shirts. . . “We’re not in Kansas anymore”

The pool decks were still full of sunbathers early as I walked out on the pool decks this morning going up to the Sky Lounge.

The Celebrity Youth Staff offered a Easter Egg hunt, complete with Easter Bunny for the kids today. . .The Sky lounge was packed with over 200 passengers who were enjoying the music, and prizes. The staff hid over 200 eggs, and 100 chocolate bunnies. . .

I really enjoyed the Celebrity Life events this week, and I really enjoyed the discussions about how the ship operates, and the planning that goes along with each voyage. I can watch the ones that I missed on the Celebrity Life Channel on TV. Today’s event was “Secrets of Navigation” hosted by our Captain. The Captain was joking about the only reason a Pilot is brought on board is to have free coffee, but then he suggested that the Pilots are a very valuable resource, and are the experts of port navigation. . .

Here are a few pics from today. . .Thanks for tuning in.

Radio

A sunny day up on Deck 14 had a warm sun, but it was a little windy

L19.JPG

This was an unusual image at the Solarium Glass wall and passageway on Deck 14

L21.JPG

The windy weather did not keep passengers off of the sunny pool decks

L20.JPG

This was an unusual art sculpture in front of the Sky Lounge

L18.JPG

The kids were happy to see the Easter Bunny this morning in the Sky Lounge

L23.JPG

The Silhouette Youth Staff had lots of games for the kids as well as an Easter Egg hunt.

L22.JPG

Here are a few more. . .

Radio

I enjoyed a nice Breakfast this morning at Bistro on 5

B16.JPG

I wasn’t very hungry for the Silhouette Brunch in the Grand Cuvee’ Restaurant

L24.JPG

I was however, able to enjoy a few desserts though. . .

L25.JPG

I attended the Oceans Ahead Series. . .Secrets of Navigation

L30.JPG

Our host for this event was Captain Kafetzis

L29.JPG

Here is our current location. . .We are about 620nm from Cape Liberty

MAP040812.JPG

Archived