Deposit Refund

JalenR

Thanks everyone! I thought it was like that. Someone was trying to tell me you can't ever get it back. lol

That's how it works in some countries, such as here in the UK.

Some other cruise lines also have this policy so best to check before putting down that deposit.

Does anyone know what the deposit refund policy is? How far out from a 10 day sailing can you get your deposit back?

Thanks!

Here's the link from the website that breaks it all down http://www.royalcaribbean.com/custom...23&faqType=faq You've got your proof in black and white.

Edited by cruisenfever

Does anyone know what the deposit refund policy is? How far out from a 10 day sailing can you get your deposit back?

Thanks!

Final payment date would be 75 days prior to sailing. It would only be 90 if the cruise were a holiday sailing (over Christmas or New Year's). IF you booked directly with Royal Caribbean, the deposit would be 100% refundable if you cancelled any time prior to that final payment date. If you booked through a TA, you'll have to check their T&C, as they can vary. Some don't offer a refund, or some offer a fee for a supposed "full refund".

• 5 years later...
ALL of the above is DATED and no longer true!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! RC now has a new policy where there is an $100 pp penalty if you change/ cancel a cruise 1 minute after you book their cruise, even if it's a year (or more) from sailing date.

What you stated only applies if you have booked a GS or higher or one of the non refundable deposit rates. There are still refundable deposit rates available that allow a full refund of your deposit.

What you stated only applies if you have booked a GS or higher or one of the non refundable deposit rates. There are still refundable deposit rates available that allow a full refund of your deposit.

This is NOT true. I've done 55 cruises.... I'm a Diamond Plus with Royal, and the policy has changed. NOW, REGARDLESS of what room you have, there are fares that you will be able to cancel and other fare that you will be penalized $100pp (like airlines have). Whereas before it didn't matter what fare you had paid that approx. 90 days before was the cut off date. NOT any more. This is important to stress the CHANGE.... so not only people get the story straight, but I, myself, may be looking at other lines that have the older price structure.

This is NOT true. I've done 55 cruises.... I'm a Diamond Plus with Royal, and the policy has changed. NOW, REGARDLESS of what room you have, there are fares that you will be able to cancel and other fare that you will be penalized $100pp (like airlines have). Whereas before it didn't matter what fare you had paid that approx. 90 days before was the cut off date. NOT any more. This is important to stress the CHANGE.... so not only people get the story straight, but I, myself, may be looking at other lines that have the older price structure.

Ken covered that in his response- see above.

Since you obviously searched to pull up a thread from 2012, I am wondering why you didn't find one of the numerous threads on the current policy regarding refundable/non-refundable deposits which have been pointed out to you on this thread.

How very impressive that you've done 55 cruises and you are D+:rolleyes:...you are still wrong.