Live from the Caribbean Princess mystery cruise.

Carolyn R

I am starting this thread one day early. We were originally scheduled to be going to Bermuda as our only port of call but, due to hurricane Sandy, Bermuda has been cancelled. If another port can be arranged Princess will notify us when we check in. Otherwise we will have a cruise to nowhere for four days.

I flew down to Brooklyn from Vermont yesterday. Today we went into Manhattan and shopped and had lunch at Eatily, yummy pizza and wine. What a fantastic place! Very expensive though! We purchased some wine and lemoncello for the trip. Of course we are glued to the TV listening to the weather forecast but are excited to begin our adventure in our first suite ever. I am traveling with my best friend Cathy who some of you know from previous cruises.

To my fellow cruisers, please feel free to jump in and post your experiences, and don't forget your motion sickness meds!

Wish us luck on our mystery cruise.

I hope you can find a place to hide from Sandy in the next four days. If you are returning to NY at the end of the cruise, I hope the storm has passed. You may be out to sea longer than planned.:D Be safe and have a good time.

We are on the ship now, getting off in the morning.Passengers that are staying on for the four day cruise have been informed that no Bermuda but

don't know where they will be going. There has been cancellations and we were thinking of staying on,but we really should get out while we can.

for those that are boarding tomorrow, have a wonderful time. ship is great and service outstanding. Although we did have blue ish green water in our cabin two days ago. It stained the shower curtain and a friends blond hair is now a nice shade of yellow green.

No explanation or warning was given. Tasted bad (I didn't drink it)

I will be very interested in your travels esp the trip back to NYC as I am on the repo cruise. It will be an adventure for us to get into NYC and to the dock. I hope the dock is still there. Getting under the bridge if there is storm surge may be exciting. I wish I were going with you. Have a great time- we will be reading the posts. Thank you for doing it.

so funny you mentioned Limoncello, I just bought two bottles..and bought more wine for the cruise..Eatily is fun, yet pricey.

After being in Italy this summer. was dying for Gelato and went there...yummm

I am hoping for an email tonight with a port, so I can call my credit card company....but we can always do it from Brooklyn.

Repacking soon.....to better balance with warmer items...

Bernadette

Gloria, Stay on. I would like to meet you before our Royal cruise next fall! :) The current forecast is for Sandy to make landfall later than expected, maybe not until late afternoon on Tuesday instead of Monday. If there is a big storm surge, we may not fit under the Verazzano bridge Wednesday morning, necessitating another day or two at sea?

For those passengers who are driving to the pier, we have been advised that the parking area at the Brooklyn Cruise Terminal is prone to flooding. For our passengers who were planning to drive and park at the pier, it is strongly recommended that instead of parking at the pier you make alternative arrangements.

http://www.princess.com/news/notices_and_advisories/Caribbean-Princess-voyage-B237-4-day-cruise-Hurricane%20Sandy-October-26-2012-at-2pm-PST.html#.UIsRQm-dbE1

so funny you mentioned Limoncello, I just bought two bottles..and bought more wine for the cruise..Eatily is fun, yet pricey.

After being in Italy this summer. was dying for Gelato and went there...yummm

I am hoping for an email tonight with a port, so I can call my credit card company....but we can always do it from Brooklyn.

Repacking soon.....to better balance with warmer items...

Bernadette

I just had Limoncello for the first time on my cruise back in June & loved it:D. Is it considered a wine...can I bring it on with me?

Thanks

For those passengers who are driving to the pier, we have been advised that the parking area at the Brooklyn Cruise Terminal is prone to flooding. For our passengers who were planning to drive and park at the pier, it is strongly recommended that instead of parking at the pier you make alternative arrangements.

http://www.princess.com/news/notices_and_advisories/Caribbean-Princess-voyage-B237-4-day-cruise-Hurricane%20Sandy-October-26-2012-at-2pm-PST.html#.UIsRQm-dbE1

Anyone know of an alternative place to park? This may end up being the most stressful part of the cruise.

Have a wonderful adventure ! If you plan to scrapbook or anything like it, you may want to keep some local papers and print some weather warnings ! I filmed a weather report on TV about extreme winds the night before a helicopter tour was planned :eek:. Always funny to remember how I felt watching it. Winds got down by the next day, :)but snow came in ..., ( Grand Canyon... Not the Carribean ..)

I would not worry, captain won't make you ( and him) cruise in unsafe conditions, so enjoy the surprise route and thank you for taking us along!

Archived