Live from the Caribbean Princess mystery cruise.

Carolyn R

What other ships are doing (per Cruise Critic)

Emerald Princess, which departed Quebec City October 27, docked in Port Saguenay to escape rough seas on October 28. Due to the weather, the ship will no longer call on Bar Harbor (October 31), Boston (November 1) and Newport (November 2). In addition to Port Saguenay, the ship has added a call on Corner Brook (October 30). The call on Halifax has been pushed back a day to November 1. The ship will resume its originally scheduled itinerary on November 3 with a visit to New York City.

Carnival Glory's October 28 departure has been canceled. The Norfolk cruise terminal is positioned behind a major flood gate in the city which will likely close during the day October 28. When this happens, there is no access to the cruise terminal, necessitating the cancelation of the cruise. Refunds will be processed to the original form of payment within the next two weeks.

Carnival Dream's October 27 departure has been delayed by one day. The ship will now depart Port Canaveral on October 28 and sail a six-night itinerary, rather than a seven-night.

Carnival Pride forgo two stops, both in the Bahamas on October 25 and 26, instead spending extra days at sea. Because of the storm, the sailing will end a day early, docking back in Baltimore on October 27 around 8 p.m.

Currently sailing an eight-night itinerary from New York that included three ports of call, Carnival Miracle called on San Juan as scheduled on October 24, but skipped all remaining ports. Because of the storm, the ship will return to New York a day early, arriving on October 28.

What do the two have to do with each other?

Agreed. Apparently if they hadn't been charged the corkage the waiter may have been rewarded with a tip. Although no extra tipping is required in specialty restaurants we always do. But that's just us. :)

Agreed. Apparently if they hadn't been charged the corkage the waiter may have been rewarded with a tip. Although no extra tipping is required in specialty restaurants we always do. But that's just us. :)

Us too!

Add us to the no extra tip list. They already are getting tipped with the auto tip as well as the up charge for eating there.

It is Sunday morning and the seas have gotten a little rougher but not bad so far. The sun is shining into our cabin. I love the window suite and being down low so close to the water. The spray is flying by our windows. We are somewhere in the north Atlantic cruising. We just had breakfast at Sabatini's, very nice. The ship is very quiet this morning.

I think we are still on a mystery cruise and I have my doubts about going to Boston as I hear the storm is intensifying. I also have my doubts that we will get back into Brooklyn on Wednesday.

Mike, I will let you know about the suite internet when I check my folio.

Donna, I have a corkscrew. I am in F301.

Perhaps you could get a good deal and stay on for the next leg? It would be nice to see you. :)

Boston has already cancelled school for tomorrow as have many other school districts in eastern MA including ours. Well, the kids are happy. I'm not sure it will be very nice around here tomorrow for visitors though. I wonder if everything in town will be open for those who want to venture off the ship.

Add us to the no extra tip list. They already are getting tipped with the auto tip as well as the up charge for eating there.
I tip extra if the service has been very good. If they ignore us unless it's time to take our order, serve our food, etc., then no extra tip. Sometimes, the difference is subjective and attitude can make a difference.

Mayor Boomberg just announced that Cruise ships will not be allowed to dock on Monday or Tuesday - Wednesday remains to be seen.

The weather should be much improved on Weds, but Red Hook was evacuated, so lets hope there is a port there for the CB to come back to. Be safe everyone.

The governor of Massachusetts is on the tv now. Schools are all cancelled here. They're asking people to stay off the roads and all non-essential government workers are to stay home. Public transportation will remain open for as long as they can be. Not a port I would want to be in tomorrow.

I was suppose to be on the ship. I have no regrets about cancelling yesterday morning. I'm sure we still would have had a good time, but to have gone to NY only to come back to MA, would have been a bit crazy!

Any chance of you being back, as scheduled, in NYC on Wednesday 10/28? We are to be on the Caribbean Princess repositioning cruise that day. As usual nothing on the Princess web site and hurricaine Sandy hitting us in Phila tomorrow - at this point I would say our chances are slim to none :(

Here's the projected power outages. I hope it works out for everybody but right now, I am so happy we cancelled. Even if the ship gets back to Brooklyn Wednesday morning, getting to the airport and having an on-time flight appears it will be a challenge. The port day in Boston sounds like it will be a ship day with everyone indoors.

map_specnews26_ltst_4namus_enus_650x366.jpg.0472d697003d74ed1edf0fed67f39c60.jpg

Here's the projected power outages. I hope it works out for everybody but right now, I am so happy we cancelled. Even if the ship gets back to Brooklyn Wednesday morning, getting to the airport and having an on-time flight appears it will be a challenge. The port day in Boston sounds like it will be a ship day with everyone indoors.

I can't believe how West that goes. Hope everyone stays safe.

This is pure speculation but if Caribbean Princess needs to go to St Johns to escape Sandy in the calmer Bay of Fundy then it might not get to Red Hook until Thursday unless they bus everyone to Boston on Wednesday afternoon. That would get them back on schedule.

I'm a bit confused. I'm hoping to board the CB on Wednesday (already in out hotel, relaxing). I thought it docked in Brooklyn. I've never taken a cruise out of NYC. Are Redhook and Brooklyn the same thing?

I'm a bit confused. I'm hoping to board the CB on Wednesday (already in out hotel, relaxing). I thought it docked in Brooklyn. I've never taken a cruise out of NYC. Are Redhook and Brooklyn the same thing?[/quote

Yes. The pier is in an area of Brooklyn known as Red Hook.

Archived