Live from the Caribbean Princess mystery cruise.

Carolyn R

I would hardly consider it a wine. It is basically Vodka that has lemon rinds soak in it for a few weeks that is then strained and mixed with simple syrup.

Tasty but not wine.

I had some limoncello at carrabeas once and it did not taste like what I got on the ship.....it was terrible......I love it on the ship.........have fun everyone.....

We were impacted by Hurricane Wilma several years ago on a cruise. Despite all of the drama' date=' that was one of the best cruises we've ever taken so I hope the same is true for you, have fun.[/quote']

We were impacted by Wilma several years ago too and it was one of the BEST cruises we've ever taken too!

Amelia, Vickie, Pia and Toto: This one's for you!

My friend Cathy and I got organized and left for the port at about 10 am. Priority check-in was easy with no wait whatsoever. We were told we were going to port in Boston but no details were given. We met Mary Kay and Roland in the waiting room and boarded just before 12 noon and had no trouble bringing on our wine. I should mention that the NYPD had a sniffer dog in the terminal. I guess they must have heard that this was going to be a party cruise We easily found our window suite and were very pleased. I love that we are so close to the water. We have two nice big windows, flowers and a fruit basket. Ricardo from the Phillipines is our room steward. His cabins include all the window suites and some cabins on deck 5. Wow!

We met Mary Kay for lunch in the dining room and shared a bottle of nice Pino Grigio. I had the spinach and ricotta ravioli, appetizer size, the salmon with dill butter, and the orange souflee, smaller but a better size in my opinion. All were delicious. When we returned to our suite we found our evening canapes already delivered. What's up with that? Our luggage was already there and Ricardo delivered our complimentary Champagne (the good stuff in case you were wondering). I drank both because Cathy is not fond of Champagne. We unpacked.and are all moved in.

The weather is warm, humid and cloudy with bursts of sunshine. The waters are calm so far, as is the wind. Muster is at 4 pm and we are due to sail at 5 pm.

Headed for Boston on Monday, porting in Boston tomorrow night at 11 pm,

Monday in Boston, then play it by ear when we see what Sandy is doing.

We were impacted by Wilma several years ago too and it was one of the BEST cruises we've ever taken too!

My second cruise was on the Golden Princess on a repositioning cruise from NYC to San Juan. We left 60 people at the airport because the ship HAD to sail. We spent 3 days at full speed to outrun Wilma as she tracked back into the Atlantic. 'Twas a great cruise too! :)

Bon voyage to those who have decided to sail! Have a great cruise and make limoncello out of lemons!

My second cruise was on the Golden Princess on a repositioning cruise from NYC to San Juan. We left 60 people at the airport because the ship HAD to sail. We spent 3 days at full speed to outrun Wilma as she tracked back into the Atlantic. 'Twas a great cruise too! :)

Bon voyage to those who have decided to sail! Have a great cruise and make limoncello out of lemons!

I was on the cruise right before that (Canada NE RT out of NYC). I don't remember who the Captain was (Calabrase?) but he was funny and said that he was going to go super fast to Puerto Rico. He jokingly said that "Corporate hates when I go that fast but I just say it is for safety and they have to eat the extra fuel cost". He said it jokingly but it was true that he was going to have to do that. Apparently he doesn't get to run the ship at full speed often and looked forward to it :). I had almost wished that we had stayed on the ship for the run down to Puerto Rico. We didn't even think to do a B2B but wished we had.

If any CC members are in E731, I would sure like to know if the new mattress have been installed!

Have fun where ever you end up--Loved the sail away;)

Pizzalady1,

If no one replies, I can report back on e731 mattress status in a few days. We have this cabin for the 10/31/12 repositioning cruise..

Just hoping we don't run into too many problems getting to ship. We are in flight right now heading to Virginia, might need to alter our quick road trip up to New York depending on Sandy!

Sue from Fairfield, CA

Posted by a Boston TV station

The brunt of this storm will be Monday afternoon through early Tuesday morning. Conditions will rapidly deteriorate during the day on Monday. By Monday afternoon we will already feel a stiff wind out of the east, and seas will be rapidly building. The core of the winds and storm surge will arrive around sunset Monday night and last through early Tuesday just before dawn.

Posted by a Boston TV station

The brunt of this storm will be Monday afternoon through early Tuesday morning. Conditions will rapidly deteriorate during the day on Monday. By Monday afternoon we will already feel a stiff wind out of the east, and seas will be rapidly building. The core of the winds and storm surge will arrive around sunset Monday night and last through early Tuesday just before dawn.

This will be quite an adventure for those aboard. Lots of exciting conversation over wine & cocktails. Even with the bad weather, I'm sure they're still having a good time aboard. Those aboard had choices to go or not to go. They went 'cuz they were goin' to make that Lemoncello out of Lemons (love that saying!) ;)

Nothing can kill that joy here - so you Caribbean cruisers, have a blast. :)

Princess is certainly going to keep them safe.

Judy

Archived