Celebrities on Celebrity...?

Xcitdcruiser

I think that I mentioned that. I have given you pictures of our cabin, but won't talk about people that we have met.

I think, personally, that is a very private topic, and I hope that you understand the privacy issue.

Enjoy your cruise!;)

Rick

I think that I mentioned that. I have given you pictures of our cabin, but won't talk about people that we have met.

I think, personally, that is a very private topic, and I hope that you understand the privacy issue.

Enjoy your cruise!;)

Rick

Do appreciate all your posts (pics included!) & apologise for overstepping. I once met Luis Figo & i couldn't stop screaming about it from the rooftops :/

The dear late Wendy Richards was on our Millenium cruise many years ago. Sadly it came out in the following year in her biography that it was when she was onboard that she was advised of her less than good test results for cancer

Do appreciate all your posts (pics included!) & apologise for overstepping. I once met Luis Figo & i couldn't stop screaming about it from the rooftops :/

Hi,:) good morning. I don't think (just my opinion)....but I don't think

you overstepped at all. You asked a simple question. People go on

cruiseships all the time and so, being seen on a cruiseship? Celebrities

are part of the 1,000's of other people on board the ship.

The dear late Wendy Richards was on our Millenium cruise many years ago. Sadly it came out in the following year in her biography that it was when she was onboard that she was advised of her less than good test results for cancer

We were also on that sailing and saw her many times. We wondered why she always seemed so quiet and pensive on such a wonderful cruise.

You certainly did not overstep any boundries. The statement that I made applies only to myself, and anyone here can say anything that they want.

Years ago, cruise ships had some top billing people for shows, and when they were not performing, you would find them in a bar or other parts of the ship. However, today, those people just like to travel, and some like to try to keep to themselves, as it's their holiday.

Happy Thanksgiving to the Americans out there!

Rick

Certainly don't think you overstepped! Not sure why someone would try to make you feel bad about your questions; if one doesn't want to share, they should just would ignore the post.

First cruise I was ever on, the current Miss America was on, she did karaoke every night - what a voice.

Certainly don't think you overstepped! Not sure why someone would try to make you feel bad about your questions; if one doesn't want to share, they should just would ignore the post.

First cruise I was ever on, the current Miss America was on, she did karaoke every night - what a voice.

Hi Nancy:) Happy Thanksgiving!

Enjoy your cruise!;)

Rick

I appreciate and respect your decision not to "name drop" in order to protect the privacy of your celebrity (the people, not the cruise line!) cruise neighbors. That said, I'm curious why you would even bother to mention him/her/them to begin with. Not a criticism, mind you; just a curious observation.

I appreciate and respect your decision not to "name drop" in order to protect the privacy of your celebrity (the people, not the cruise line!) cruise neighbors. That said, I'm curious why you would even bother to mention him/her/them to begin with. Not a criticism, mind you; just a curious observation.

I hope you read my post #14, where I stated that no one was overstepping boundries, but just stating my opinion on the subject.

And I appreciate your last sentence!!;)

Rick

Not really a celebrity per se, but on our first Solstice cruise, our first stop was Puerto Rico. As we were going through San Cristobal Fort, we happened upon a young man in an electric wheelchair along with a couple of his friends. They asked us if we thought it would be OK to take the scooter down one of the ramps as it was pretty steep or something like that. We went ahead and checked it out and came back. Yes. it should be fine. Just to make sure everything went according to plan, we walked with them until they made it safely to the bottom. Very nice people and the guy in the wheelchair was SO funny and full of life! I think he stayed on our floor because we saw him later on that night getting on the elevator.

Anyway, the next day or so the CD Nick Weir came on the intercom and said that while they don't normally make announcements on Celebrity about activities, that he was making an exception because there was something he felt was important. In the Solstice Theatre there was a movie about a very special person. It was called "Darius Goes West" and it was about a young man who has a rare disease and is confined to a wheelchair. It documented his first trip away from home.

Ellen Degeneres had heard about his story and sent him and his friends on this very cruise. We had no idea when we had met him. What a great guy and love his buddies for sticking by their friend to help him make the most out of his life. To me, that meant more than meeting any Hollywood Star.

Here is the link for those of you that would like to see more about him: http://www.dariusgoeswest.org/blog/darius-goes-cruising-pt-ii/

Not really a celebrity per se, but on our first Solstice cruise, our first stop was Puerto Rico. As we were going through San Cristobal Fort, we happened upon a young man in an electric wheelchair along with a couple of his friends. They asked us if we thought it would be OK to take the scooter down one of the ramps as it was pretty steep or something like that. We went ahead and checked it out and came back. Yes. it should be fine. Just to make sure everything went according to plan, we walked with them until they made it safely to the bottom. Very nice people and the guy in the wheelchair was SO funny and full of life! I think he stayed on our floor because we saw him later on that night getting on the elevator.

Anyway, the next day or so the CD Nick Weir came on the intercom and said that while they don't normally make announcements on Celebrity about activities, that he was making an exception because there was something he felt was important. In the Solstice Theatre there was a movie about a very special person. It was called "Darius Goes West" and it was about a young man who has a rare disease and is confined to a wheelchair. It documented his first trip away from home.

Ellen Degeneres had heard about his story and sent him and his friends on this very cruise. We had no idea when we had met him. What a great guy and love his buddies for sticking by their friend to help him make the most out of his life. To me, that meant more than meeting any Hollywood Star.

Here is the link for those of you that would like to see more about him: http://www.dariusgoeswest.org/blog/darius-goes-cruising-pt-ii/

Now there's a celebrity I would be honored to sail with! I hope & pray they find a cure that will help Darius.

Thanks for the link. On the site, they thank someone named Lois, as one of the great people they met on the cruise. Could they mean "our" Lois?...it sounds like her!

I've met a number of famous people on Crystal---lots of celebrities cruise that line as either part of their Creative Learning Institute or because that's the line they choose. I've met Marlin Fitzwater (great guy and VERY interesting--sat and had coffee with him one morning), Marvin Hamlisch (another really great person), Buzz Aldrin (very unfriendly), Marion Ross (Mom from Happy Days--NOT nice at all), Bill and Susan Seaforth Hayes (wonderful), Jonathon Winters (super funny all the time), David Brenner (very warm with the passengers), Julie Andrews (so nice and unassuming), Regis and Joy Philbin (he was nice, his wife was totally horrible/rude/mean to both passengers and staff--especially to the staff), and lots of former Olympians (Crystal runs an "Olympic" competition during their world cruises and has at least four Olympians on those cruises). Bart Conner was the most fun and friendly.

Now there's a celebrity I would be honored to sail with! I hope & pray they find a cure that will help Darius.

Thanks for the link. On the site, they thank someone named Lois, as one of the great people they met on the cruise. Could they mean "our" Lois?...it sounds like her!

I don't know... I don't think she was on our Roll Call, but it has been quite a while!

Archived