TAKE A LOOK AT THIS! (it would be awesome!)

It would work for me! Often I am wearing something that has no pockets. I have a holder that I wear around my neck that contains my sea pass, but would much rather have a bracelet to wear. If I don't wear my holder, DH has to carry my SeaPass for me in evenings.

I have talked about this often when on cruises with DH. People wear all kinds of rubberized wristbands showing their support of the American Cancer Society, AIDS, etc. so for a week on the cruise it would be just something else.

White or black would work for me.....I wouldn't worry much about the suntan line....since I get that already from my watch....I will just put the wristband on the other hand and have a matching set.

I've been using the magic bands now every month since their inception. I'm an annual pass holder and my pass is held on my magic band. I do live a few hours away so I do stay at the resorts everytime I go. I've used my magic band everytime for my park ticket along with my room key and charge card. I've never had any issues with the band not working or not charging. I've also never had a random charge that I didn't make. As someone else mentioned you must use your personalized pin for any charges.

The bands do not transmit live data or track you real time. The only time your location is given is when you physically use the band. The frequencies they use are very low. This keeps people from all hitting the same scanners or rooms while walking by. The scanners must be physically touching the band for them to be scanned. Just close won't work. The only time I've has issues is when one scanner wasn't working at a merchant checkout. They tried me on another one and worked no issues.

The idea of them on a cruise ship is actually really nice. I hate always having to remember a card. Or having to run back to the room because I left the gf's card. The bands just wouldn't make that an issue. Here's some pictures of the actual bands. I also accessorized mine with the Mickey, but like I said I literally use mine every month. If your just a guest staying at the resort you can either order ahead of time or pick them up at the resorts. The resorts usually only have grey as the color because they keep low supplies of all the others. When most people arrive all that's left is grey. You'll see that the most around the parks. If your a passholder or order in advance you can choose your colors and have a name printed on them.

00ED2730-CC28-4C19-853A-0F3CEE643D95.jpg

331785F9-3605-4710-9240-C3987B4D8859.jpg

009DD4CB-F9BB-49A2-BF7C-FFFEA0B8B0D4.jpg

066C4387-8307-4A23-9EAD-0121E30F1E54.jpg

I'm skeptical they'll roll out to RFID wristbands - the cost per band would be hugely more expensive than the magnetic swipe cards currently used (or even plain RFID cards). The cards for cruises also get printed with additional information (e.g., dining room and dining time, ship name, and itinerary dates) that gets used both onboard and ashore. I know we had to show gov't ID and our cruise cards to reenter secure port areas - bands won't work for that.

RFID cards are more expensive than a magnetic card - probably 5-10x more. So simply reducing the number of replacement magnetic cards that have to be handed out wouldn't be a financial incentive until every person averages a minimum of 3-5 cards per cruise.

What I might be able to imagine is some fob/band system that is tied to the cabin rather than the person, with a deposit for the duration of the cruise and is good on board for room entry and charging. Similar to how some hotels/resorts just charge direct to the room number and used to just issue a physical key. I still think people would still need to have some card for going ashore though, but then you're duplicating things people have to carry... so I'm still doubtful.

Now Disney has their own NSA? They will track your every step. How many times you enter the bathroom, what parts of the park you go to the most (or least) Too intrusive for me, sorry. Reminds me of us someday having an RFID implanted in our bodies for who knows what or 666 stamped on our foreheads. Sorry but that just not the way to go for me. :mad:

Edited by believer33323

I'd like to see how long this would last on the flowrider....

I will find out in March and report back. We are going to Disney and have them for that part of our trip. We are then heading to Oasis and I am an avid rider. I will keep it on for the first day or two, and then remove it so I don't get a tan line. I hope to be flowing prior to the muster drill.

I am not sure how it will work under a long sleve shirt for formal night though.

I've been using the magic bands now every month since their inception. I'm an annual pass holder and my pass is held on my magic band. I do live a few hours away so I do stay at the resorts everytime I go. I've used my magic band everytime for my park ticket along with my room key and charge card. I've never had any issues with the band not working or not charging. I've also never had a random charge that I didn't make. As someone else mentioned you must use your personalized pin for any charges.

The bands do not transmit live data or track you real time. The only time your location is given is when you physically use the band. The frequencies they use are very low. This keeps people from all hitting the same scanners or rooms while walking by. The scanners must be physically touching the band for them to be scanned. Just close won't work. The only time I've has issues is when one scanner wasn't working at a merchant checkout. They tried me on another one and worked no issues.

The idea of them on a cruise ship is actually really nice. I hate always having to remember a card. Or having to run back to the room because I left the gf's card. The bands just wouldn't make that an issue. Here's some pictures of the actual bands. I also accessorized mine with the Mickey, but like I said I literally use mine every month. If your just a guest staying at the resort you can either order ahead of time or pick them up at the resorts. The resorts usually only have grey as the color because they keep low supplies of all the others. When most people arrive all that's left is grey. You'll see that the most around the parks. If your a passholder or order in advance you can choose your colors and have a name printed on them.

009DD4CB-F9BB-49A2-BF7C-FFFEA0B8B0D4.jpg

066C4387-8307-4A23-9EAD-0121E30F1E54.jpg

Thanks for the info Unv. The clock face on it, did you buy it? Also, is the wrist band removeable at the end of the day or is it a one time use then cut off idea such as the flow rider plastic wrist band?

We are going to Mouse prior to our Oasis cruise in March and have booked all of our Plus items and meals are booked too. We have preordered them and only gave grey to my FIL.

Our DS and in-laws have no idea that we are going there for four days. They also dont know that they are staying in a CLS either on Oasis. I can't wait to have fun this March!:D

Edited by A&L_Ont

I don't care either way, but you're silly if you think they're not using all the info for tracking and marketing purposes. They know your habits, and are able to use that to sell you more. Sure, it may make things more convenient for you, but trust me, with that spend, it's benefiting them dollar-wise as well. It's amazing what technology will let you do, and where it will go in the future.

I don't care either way, but you're silly if you think they're not using all the info for tracking and marketing purposes. They know your habits, and are able to use that to sell you more. Sure, it may make things more convenient for you, but trust me, with that spend, it's benefiting them dollar-wise as well. It's amazing what technology will let you do, and where it will go in the future.

Amazing how in once respect people are demanding privacy and then something like this comes along and everyone is ready to give it away.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Forums mobile app

Amazing how in once respect people are demanding privacy and then something like this comes along and everyone is ready to give it away.

Your posts have been pretty passionate against this. How is this a privacy issue? :confused:

No thank you, I don't want to be tracked.

Seriously?

You are using a computer and you don't want to be tracked. Do you have a cell phone? A toll tag on your car? Ever drive in a city that has red light cameras? Do you ever use a credit card?

I could care less if they track my going and coming on a cruise.....if they want to market to me based on that....go ahead....I have the ability to say "No Thankyou" very well to marketing appeals that I get after my cruise.

The convenience for me on the cruise of the wristbands would be very nice.

But did you read the $1 million start up on this progranm. Do not think it is cost effective. I would wear it because I wear a medical alert braclet already but would every one wear one everyday of the week?

Pay back may be pretty quick if you have to replace a lot of cards during a cruise then multiplied over a fleet in a years time.

My own choice would be to have access to both, majority of the time I would wear the band but for those times I am wanting to dress more formal I would opt for my card. I have to say though I do like the idea.

I want the wristband when I am dressed more because many of those outfits don't have pockets and wearing my seapass around my neck on a lanyard, is not very attractive. I end up giving my sea pass to my DH, but that isn't always practical if we want to go in different directions...and even in the evening that happens.

They kinda know where you are on ship anyway as do make purchases, it is time stamped with a location.

Your posts have been pretty passionate against this. How is this a privacy issue? :confused:

I once worked in a high tech research facility outside of Phoenix where this technology was able to not only track every movement you made within the facility, but everywhere you stopped, how long you stayed, who else was there, who was close enough for you to carry on a conversation with, and the route you took throughout the day etc.

I could care less if they track my going and coming on a cruise.....if they want to market to me based on that....go ahead....I have the ability to say "No Thankyou" very well to marketing appeals that I get after my cruise.

The convenience for me on the cruise of the wristbands would be very nice.

Convenient as well once you step off the ship in a foreign port for anyone preying on tourists - you might as well paint a bulls-eye on your forehead;)

Convenient as well once you step off the ship in a foreign port for anyone preying on tourists - you might as well paint a bulls-eye on your forehead;)

Cruise tourists are pretty obvious and easy to identify when they walk off the ship........

Perhaps. But it's a rubber wristband. I would assume those smart enough to not look like targets are smart enough to take them off.

I once worked in a high tech research facility outside of Phoenix where this technology was able to not only track every movement you made within the facility, but everywhere you stopped, how long you stayed, who else was there, who was close enough for you to carry on a conversation with, and the route you took throughout the day etc.

But is that what they're doing? Does the technology associated with these bands allow them to pinpoint your exact location if they are looking for you? And if so, are they using it?

Even if they could, it wouldn't bother me. It's not like there are crew members sitting in a dark room tracking people's movements. It's a freakn' cruise ship, not the NSA.