All Things Adventure of the Seas

Can anyone tell me if they have the parades on the promenade? We really enjoyed them on the Explorer and were a little disappointed that they didn't have them in the Independence.

Thank you

Here is a recent Compass which lists all the events:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showpost.php?p=52550321&postcount=1

Can anyone tell me if they have the parades on the promenade? We really enjoyed them on the Explorer and were a little disappointed that they didn't have them in the Independence.

Thank you

I don't know when you sailed on Indy....but when we sailed on Indy there were parades on the Promenade, two different ones as a matter of fact.

We are on AOS this coming June (Antigua, Barbados, and the 3 St.'s) and are wondering what currencies we need to bring, particularly for cabs and/or tipping on excursions. Or, does everyone accept credit cards and US$?

Sent from my SM-G900V using Forums mobile app

We were on the same itinerary two weeks ago and as usual, Bob is correct. All stops accepted US currency. We don't use our credit cards in port.

Sent from my Bat phone using Tapatalk.

So I have a question. My hubby and I, Beigedog, have cruised before on Royal- on Allure and Oasis. I know Adventure is a smaller ship. Are we going to be disappointed with the size/activity differences? We like the trivia and games and stuff.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

So I have a question. My hubby and I, Beigedog, have cruised before on Royal- on Allure and Oasis. I know Adventure is a smaller ship. Are we going to be disappointed with the size/activity differences? We like the trivia and games and stuff.

I was on Allure in September 2012 and Adventure September 2015. Yes, Adventure is smaller but it's still a great ship and just recently through a refurbishment. You will still find trivia and games on the Adventure.

LOL! I guess for some it's considered small but it wasn't that long ago when it belonged to the largest class of cruise ships sailing. :D

I do remember being on Voyager in 06 and looking down on all the other ships in Nassau. I haven't been back on this class since 09, so I am looking forward to being on a new ship to me that I am somewhat familiar with. I'm assuming the appearance of this one from shore will remind me a lot of Voyager.

I do remember being on Voyager in 06 and looking down on all the other ships in Nassau. I haven't been back on this class since 09, so I am looking forward to being on a new ship to me that I am somewhat familiar with. I'm assuming the appearance of this one from shore will remind me a lot of Voyager.

Except for the difference in appearance due to the addition of staterooms on deck 12 forward, she will look very much like Voyager did in 06.

Except for the difference in appearance due to the addition of staterooms on deck 12 forward, she will look very much like Voyager did in 06.

It's our first sailing on that class after the addition of new cabins and I was a little surprised how uncrowded it felt. Even the Windjammer seemed to always have seats available at peak times. Freedom class is our favorite but Voyager class ranks right up there.

I thought they "scrapped" the plans for additional cabins on deck 12. I thought the only new cabins were the 4 solo on deck 2. Did they change plans again?

I thought they "scrapped" the plans for additional cabins on deck 12. I thought the only new cabins were the 4 solo on deck 2. Did they change plans again?

Just checked the deck plans and don't see any staterooms on deck 12. Looks like you are correct, I appreciate the correction.

I didn't think they finished those. one guy in our roll call had to switch out of the new rooms last December.

I didn't think they finished those. one guy in our roll call had to switch out of the new rooms last December.

You are correct Bill, I had not realized they did not install those staterooms.

The deck 12 stateroom "additions" were part of the refurb materials that had actually made it to the dry-dock prior to the hurricane. They were severely damaged during the hurricane....so couldn't be installed.

As I get ready to go on Adventure that is one thing I have been keeping track of. I am looking forward to running a few laps everyday and going all the way to the front of the ship. As a semi retired marathoner, I actually look foward to turning the front corner and picking up a 30mph tailwind and then fighiting a 30mph head wind on the other side. On the ships with the newer cabins the track is a little more wind sheltered.

As I get ready to go on Adventure that is one thing I have been keeping track of. I am looking forward to running a few laps everyday and going all the way to the front of the ship. As a semi retired marathoner, I actually look foward to turning the front corner and picking up a 30mph tailwind and then fighiting a 30mph head wind on the other side. On the ships with the newer cabins the track is a little more wind sheltered.

You would have loved being on Freedom with me two weeks ago. You would have had the opportunity to fight winds that you could barely stand up against. Running into, or away from, them was out of the question.

The deck 12 stateroom "additions" were part of the refurb materials that had actually made it to the dry-dock prior to the hurricane. They were severely damaged during the hurricane....so couldn't be installed.

I didn't know that fact, thanks for sharing.