I'm angry...the prices went down BIG TIME!!

Rated

One more question, did you book direct with Royal or are you using a travel agent?

If you booked direct with Royal, call and ask if the rate you are seeing is for new reservations only. If it is for everyone then ask for the reduction or an upgrade.

If you used a travel agent they frequently have a final payment date due a week or more earlier than the cruise line. Call them and find out.

Good luck and let us know the outcome - we all hope it is not a Tuesday Sale rate.

Today is 60 days before a 5 night cruise. It's final payment day.

I totally understand that they are trying to sell the ship out (only 60 days until we leave)

I'm just frustrated that knowing this I could of waited ans saved over $200 and got a better room, too.

One more question, did you book direct with Royal or are you using a travel agent?

If you booked direct with Royal, call and ask if the rate you are seeing is for new reservations only. If it is for everyone then ask for the reduction or an upgrade.

If you used a travel agent they frequently have a final payment date due a week or more earlier than the cruise line. Call them and find out.

Good luck and let us know the outcome - we all hope it is not a Tuesday Sale rate.

It is on the Tuesday sale.

Rated, I would call and see what they will do for you. The sale is for new bookings only but many have posted here that they have been able to upgrade their cabin. Just remain calm and polite. Good luck.

I'm just frustrated that knowing this I could of waited ans saved over $200 and got a better room, too.

If the higher room category also came down in price, you can upgrade to that room at no cost (or by paying a few bucks...whatever the price difference is). The only thing that would prevent this is if the prices are being run as a special and are listed as "new reservations only."

If I knew this was the case I should of just waited until today to book the cruise.

It's $200 less than what I payed and I get a better room.

I totally understand that they are trying to sell the ship out (only 60 days until we leave)

We ALL wish we knew these things, if we did we'd all wait to book at the lowest/best price.

Good luck! I really do hope you get the lower price beings it's your first cruise.

As pointed out by many that may be an option that they would be willing to do. And as also said by me and others, approach them with needing their help and avoid your frustration with them. Best to take the high road and be professional. Good luck.

Edited by leaveitallbehind

You do realize that there is no guarantee on any cruise that the price will go down just after your final payment, don't you? This happened on this cruise. On your next cruise you might decide to wait until after final payment to book your cruise and you could easily find the price went up.

i should read more carefully before I post, but a 16 month old grandson makes it difficult.

I think we have all been guilty a time or two and without an excuse. :o

You do realize that there is no guarantee on any cruise that the price will go down just after your final payment, don't you? This happened on this cruise. On your next cruise you might decide to wait until after final payment to book your cruise and you could easily find the price went up.

I think I've saved a total of $50 over the years from price drops. I recall one cruise where there was a significant Tuesday sale after I booked. More frequently I've seen the price go up.

Rated, you are getting great advice here, as always. These experienced cruisers know the deal. Unfortunately prices are always fluctuating and you never know if you got a good deal or not - it's a gamble. We book when we feel the price is right for us and we are satisfied with the value for dollar spent. We've had prices drop on us later but we've also had the opposite - our last cruise the price went up to over double what we paid for our category after final payment. You just never know.....I wish I had a crystal ball sometimes.:p If you were satisfied with the price you paid when you booked and felt it was a good deal then keep that in mind.

Like the others said, stay calm when you speak to them today. I hope they can work something out for you - Good luck!

True. The price on my upcoming cruise has gone nowhere but up, since I booked.

Today is 60 days before a 5 night cruise. It's final payment day.

Effective August 1, 2010, new reservations will fall under the following cancellation schedule:

Cruise length: 1-5 nights

Days to departure/charges per person:

60+ no charges

59-43 deposit amount

Can't he just cancel and rebook?

It is a Tuesday sale but weird because it posted on Monday which is before final payment. I thought Tuesday sales were strictly after final.

This is interesting to me because I am booked on the following 5 night and I am thinking of just cancelling and waiting for the Tues sale. I'll take any room so not too worried.

Edited by marci22

Effective August 1, 2010, new reservations will fall under the following cancellation schedule:

Cruise length: 1-5 nights

Days to departure/charges per person:

60+ no charges

59-43 deposit amount

Can't he just cancel and rebook?

Possibly, but I don't know if the weekly sale has a look back period like the WOW sale.

We always book a year out, get the room we want, location, on the ship and cruise line we wanted based upon itinerary, nights, and dates of the cruise, departure port, and current cost....

Take 9 months to pay for it...

Then forget about it....I got what I wanted....

I am not one of those who constantly keep checking the website, ( and complain about it) hoping for something....and then have reason to be pissed??

Call me an oddball...I just never understood the compulsive behavior...

I bought a new car last summer...should I be pissed if the same model is cheaper this year?? Maybe I can call the dealer and re-negotiate....

Edited by B-52

I could cancel today and lose $200 ($100 per person)

then rebook the promenade room (which was about $400 more than what I originally payed)...

I'm going to wait to hear what they have to say first.

I could cancel today and lose $200 ($100 per person)

then rebook the promenade room (which was about $400 more than what I originally payed)...

I'm going to wait to hear what they have to say first.

According to their webpage you have 60+ days to cancel @ no penalty.

Anyway how annoying of them to lower the price the day final payment is due. Why not wait a few days?

Edited by marci22

Where do you see that? I booked January 20th.

f you cancel your reservation after a specific date, you may be subject to cancellation charges. Please take a moment to read the details of the cancellation schedule.

Cancellation and Penalty Timetable

Cancel Before * Penalty per person

13-Mar-2013 to 29-Mar-2013 $100.00 USD

30-Mar-2013 to 12-Apr-2013 50% of total price (taxes and fees excluded)

13-Apr-2013 to 26-Apr-2013 75% of total price (taxes and fees excluded)

On or After 27-Apr-2013 No refund except for taxes and fees

Where do you see that? I booked January 20th.

f you cancel your reservation after a specific date, you may be subject to cancellation charges. Please take a moment to read the details of the cancellation schedule.

Cancellation and Penalty Timetable

Cancel Before * Penalty per person

13-Mar-2013 to 29-Mar-2013 $100.00 USD

30-Mar-2013 to 12-Apr-2013 50% of total price (taxes and fees excluded)

13-Apr-2013 to 26-Apr-2013 75% of total price (taxes and fees excluded)

On or After 27-Apr-2013 No refund except for taxes and fees

Isn't today the 12th?

If you go to cancel your reservation online, when you click on the 'cancel this reservation' button, it will show you how much penalty you must pay if you cancel.

Edited by marci22

We always book a year out, get the room we want, location, on the ship and cruise line we wanted based upon itinerary, nights, and dates of the cruise, departure port, and current cost....

Take 9 months to pay for it...

Then forget about it....I got what I wanted....

I am not one of those who constantly keep checking the website, ( and complain about it) hoping for something....and then have reason to be pissed??

Call me an oddball...I just never understood the compulsive behavior...

I bought a new car last summer...should I be pissed if the same model is cheaper this year?? Maybe I can call the dealer and re-negotiate....

oh please.

Oh...right...today is the 12th.

How would it work if I cancelled? They would refund me? how?

Should I mention to them I will just cancel and re-book (on the phone? )

If it was me, I would call and say look, I am currently within the no-penalty cancellation period, and I would like to get this lower price. They may say 'no, it's a Tuesday sale'. Then you might want to upgrade for a bit more money. Or, if it was me, I'd cancel (if no penalty) and then take my chances about rebooking online.

I understand Bob's warning but I haven't heard of people being penalized about cancelling pre-final and rebooking, like in the WOW sale.

Oceanview is 699 balcony is 829

Edited by marci22