Enchantment- Opinions

Whoaaa...ten times, huh? That speaks volumes for how nice Enchantment must be! Glad that it's going to take Monarch's place. I really used to like the Monarch and its short itinerary for a quick getaway. It was great if you needed a quick respite, great if you want a quick fun atmosphere. Whatever you needed to get out of a 3-4 day break, Monarch had it. No it wasn't the "nicest" ship in RCCL's fleet, but it accomplished the goal for me. Enchantment sounds like a real step-up for the shorty cruises, and I'm looking forward to my May sailing! :)

We like the EN so much that we are booked to sail on her May 27, May 31, and June 3. Those 3 & 4 day cruises are so up-beat and lively that we have often hopped on the Monarch on our way to/from the Oasis or Allure. The Enchantment will make it even more enjoyable.

I'm super excited about Enchantment, too! We've sailed Soverign & Monarch out of PC and are doing Enchantment in Oct!

Going to miss her.:( You will love her.:)

The only bad, seating in theater.

What's bad about the seating in the theater? Is it the extra people and having a hard time finding seats?

I'm super excited about Enchantment, too! We've sailed Soverign & Monarch out of PC and are doing Enchantment in Oct!

What's bad about the seating in the theater? Is it the extra people and having a hard time finding seats?

That's what some people have reported, along with Windjammer seating. The stretch in 2005 added guests, but the theater and Windjammer stayed the same size.

Whoaaa...ten times, huh? That speaks volumes for how nice Enchantment must be! Glad that it's going to take Monarch's place. I really used to like the Monarch and its short itinerary for a quick getaway. It was great if you needed a quick respite, great if you want a quick fun atmosphere. Whatever you needed to get out of a 3-4 day break, Monarch had it. No it wasn't the "nicest" ship in RCCL's fleet, but it accomplished the goal for me. Enchantment sounds like a real step-up for the shorty cruises, and I'm looking forward to my May sailing! :)

We tried to use Monarch for this. We wanted a go-to ship that we could just use to get away for the weekend. We hated that ship. I refer to it as the Dump of the Seas.

I was so excited to see Enchantment coming down. I've read a ton of reviews on her and I've seen the several trips that Radio has taken on her and documented. She appears (especially post-refurb) to be a huge step up from the Dump and I am really excited to try her out. The wife and I would love to have a vacation always on standby like that. It would perfect when the week stresses you out and you need a break.

I anticipate her being more fun than Monarch. Monarch definitely was not my favorite ship!

We were doing the B2B 5/6 and 5/10 but decided to spend Friday- Sunday at a resort instead and enjoy the beach. Granted, I ultimately regretted it and booked the Enchantment again for August :rolleyes:. The plus side is that if for some reason we don't love the ship in May, we will still be outside of final payment for August :)!

We have been on Enchantment a couple times before the last refurb (when it used to winter in FLL). We always loved it and it will be a huge upgrade from the Monarch, which was not my favorite either. We are sailing on her in September with a small group for our 25th anniversary.

That's what some people have reported, along with Windjammer seating. The stretch in 2005 added guests, but the theater and Windjammer stayed the same size.

Just on her last month - Had no problem all week with seating in either the windjammer or theater....there were 7 of us plus a toddler.

Great ship!

We were on the Enchantment in 2011, we loved the ship. The ship has a very large pool deck with a huge island bar. As to date, we think it has the best pool deck that we have encountered on any other ship.

Chris

January 2013 was our first time on Enchantment and our first on a Vision class. We loved the size of the ship and especially loved the crew. I'm sorry to see her leave Baltimore.

Do you have a review and/or photos from your vacation?

It's the most unique ship in the fleet. My favorite part is how pretty the pool deck is lit up at night with the bridges on either side of the pool area. Very romantic setting.

Everyone is entitled to their own opinion but calling the Monarch a "dump" is misleading to say the least. Sure the cabins were small and a lot of the common areas had low ceilings, but the ship was in no way what I would call a "dump". It was clean, classy, and in brand new condition. When I hear "dump" I think of dirty, gawdy, trashy, filthy, unsanitary, and things that are broken. I never saw any of that. Every ship has its purpose. For its purpose, it was great. I'm sure it was WAY more classy than the Carnival "ghetto" Sensation lol

Recently off of MN's last cruise, and really are offended by the "Dump" quote. We sailed on MN eight times and enjoyed her just as much as Oasis, Allure, Freedom and the other non-dump ships.

We have three B2B's coming up on EN, including New Year's. Looking forward to seaing her again, and those crew members from MN that transferred over to her.

Sheldon, please hold a nice table for us!

Rick and Deirdra

We love the Enchantment, sailed on her 3 times....favorite ship of all time....

But, if you're looking to be impressed as one might be with he Oasis or Allure, and all the speculation about he Quantum, you will be greatly disappointed...Enchantment does not have any of that....it's just a cruise.

What they do have is the best, and friendliest crew ever....

They know that's their strong point, and they emphasize it....

Because the ship is so small, you run into crew members all over the ship who remember your name and will go out of their way to say hello....no matter where you're at....

Everyone is entitled to their own opinion but calling the Monarch a "dump" is misleading to say the least. Sure the cabins were small and a lot of the common areas had low ceilings, but the ship was in no way what I would call a "dump". It was clean, classy, and in brand new condition. When I hear "dump" I think of dirty, gawdy, trashy, filthy, unsanitary, and things that are broken. I never saw any of that. Every ship has its purpose. For its purpose, it was great. I'm sure it was WAY more classy than the Carnival "ghetto" Sensation lol

Recently off of MN's last cruise, and really are offended by the "Dump" quote. We sailed on MN eight times and enjoyed her just as much as Oasis, Allure, Freedom and the other non-dump ships.

You can cheerlead the Dump of the Seas all you want, but a lot of that is based on nostalgia, memories, and rose-colored glasses. It is amazing you have a ton of great memories on her. Congrats. That doesn't make her a better ship or even equal to any other ship in the fleet outside of her class. She was the worst ship in the company's fleet... mechanically and cosmetically. They don't get rid of ships that are an asset to the fleet. They don't get rid of ships that just need a little work.

Look at the Oasis upgrade program. That tells you in black & white which ships the company felt were worth upgrading and just needed a little modernizing. Monarch is gone for a reason.

The wall of my cabin had scrubbed off grafiti on it. The hallways had ripped carpets. Things looked really worn. My original chair in the theater had a spring coming up on it. The ceilings were low. The lighting was dim. Everything from the dining room to stores to the decks to the cabins was worn and tired. I didn't see it, but people have reported broken doors, broken glass, broken stairs, etc. on recent trips.

The WJ was horrible. Whether you love the WJ or hate it on other ships, this was 10 steps down from any other Royal ship. The ship was on her last legs and lacked almost every amenity the other ships have.

ALL of that said, she had a wonderful crew and was still pretty darn clean. I'm not trying to be an ogre, just bluntly stating the state of the ship without the glaze of "Monarch super fan" over my eyes.

I'm following this thread. I'm about to book a JS on Enchantment for September. Any room recommendations? We are currently holding 8136.

OnTheBrink, I won't be sailing Enchantment until 5/10 but all indications are that any stateroom on deck 8 is a winner. It supposedly houses the nicest of the cabins on the ship. I'll be in 8600, in one of the new Panoramic Oceanview staterooms with floor to ceiling windows. If you're in a JS, you're cabin is bound to be fantastic!

I'm following this thread. I'm about to book a JS on Enchantment for September. Any room recommendations? We are currently holding 8136.

We have a JS #7166 in Oct. 2013 and after reading and searching Bing. Cabin #7666 or #7166 have the BIGGEST balcony on the ship for JS. They are aft. cabin so you have to walk.

Archived