Assigned a PCC, is this normal?

magandab

About a week or so ago I got an email from Carrie Lienhard letting me know she had been assigned as my PCC. Is this something new from HAL? Did I get this because I am - oh boy! - a three-star mariner now? I'm actually going to call her to ask a question, since I now have my very very own PCC. ;)

It is quite usual if you have booked through HAL in the past. We have had our PCC for many years and couldn't do without him.

I am sure you will enjoy having one of your very own.

Well, we've always booked through a travel agent, never through HAL. But that could definitely change as I think I have a better handle on all things HAL than the TA we use.

I recently booked directly with HAL for my first HAL cruise and while still on the phone asked about a PCC if I had any further questions leading up to the cruise. I was told HAL doesn't have PCC's!!! :confused: You just call and whom ever answers will help you. Quote/unquote.

Others on CC have since told me otherwise. So I am most curious about these things.

I will be interested to see if HAL actually takes the initiative with me after completing my upcoming cruise. I would honestly prefer to have my own PCC so that I know who to talk to. TA's on the other hand - I have had zero luck on that front. I know many of you are TA's or have a good one to work with - but I'm still on the fence on that one. :)

I know that I've had one assigned in the past. I've almost always used at TA but fired mine after she was less then helpful with my luggage fiasco in Feb. My new one is no better:rolleyes:. I think I will book with a PCC in the future because I feel I know more about Hal's product then most TA's do.

.....she was assigned to us before we even took our first cruise on Oosterdam in May 2008:)

In fact yesterday when she called me she was at home, just came back from a NYC vacation/Philedelphia land vacation, and said something to her youngest son. That reminded me that I've known and loved her since before his birth!

Sometimes in life the good things just happen. For us the best thing so far has been getting her as our PCC and as a dear friend!!!

I Know that there are a few others here on CC who also use her services, and only once have I ever seen or heard of anyone disappointed with her, and they were ticked at me to, for the same reason!! (we suggested a stateroom and it was definitely NOT as depicted on HAL's deck plans:o)

Joanie

Well, we've always booked through a travel agent, never through HAL. But that could definitely change as I think I have a better handle on all things HAL than the TA we use.

So you have booked all with an independant TA & are now asigned a PCC?

Isn't that sort of like poaching clients from TA's? ( being your TA is your rep to the cruiseline...)

So you have booked all with an independant TA & are now asigned a PCC?

Isn't that sort of like poaching clients from TA's? ( being your TA is your rep to the cruiseline...)

I did get an email from the PCC after I posted that she saw I'd booked through a TA and did not want to interfere with that relationship.

I did get an email from the PCC after I posted that she saw I'd booked through a TA and did not want to interfere with that relationship.

With all respect to your PCC, she could not interfere with the TA relationship with you for any cruises you had already booked. The TA would have to release the cruise and very few are apt to do that.

Once a TA has the booking you must have their permission to take the booking away from them.

I really liked my old one, booked cruise before I was assigned one, they could not get my table for 2 on main sitting, as soon as I talked to him he was able to get my table, also got 2 upsells, not sure if having PCC helps for that or not.

With all respect to your PCC, she could not interfere with the TA relationship with you for any cruises you had already booked. The TA would have to release the cruise and very few are apt to do that.

Once a TA has the booking you must have their permission to take the booking away from them.

I think what she meant was, based on what is obviously a long term relationship, she didn't want to intrude into that relationship, even for future cruises.

We received a personal cruise consultant letter after our first direct-booked HAL cruise, along with a small, flexible magnetic (refrigerator-type) photo frame (on our refrig now with us portrayed on a formal night) and her business card.

Used her for the next cruise with good results but then she left. Next one we used not so good, and since then, we book through a travel agency to get generous onboard credits.

We've never booked directly through HAL and have used either a brick and mortar TA early on and Internet TA's in recent years but we're assigned a PCC. That happened several years ago, maybe around 2006-2007, well before we reached 3-star level. I always thought it was because I signed up for email notifications but maybe not. I did talk to him once and while he was helpful and certainly nice enough he couldn't match the discounts I was getting through my Internet TA. At my request HAL has stopped sending me emails and regular mailings so I've had no contact at all for about a year now.

After our TA retired, we tried one other but found that we knew how to get better deals so just called HAL direct. We were offered a PCC but were told that if we wanted upgrades, room changes or price changes they would have to go through her and we enjoy the ablity to just call direct and get what we need, pick our own room on the upgrade or add a feature when we want. However, calling direct did once get us totally wrong answeres and I just said, thank you, called back and got the correct answer from that person.

I just got the "assigned PCC" email yesterday from HAL. What is funny is that I ust started using a PCC and have 2 cruised booked with her! Obviously it was a form email.

DaveOKC

It is possible that you actually DO have a different PCC now (Though I hope you don't :) ) Two friends of mine have been reassigned from "our" PCC to different PCCs. Thank goodness we haven't been reassigned.

It is possible that you actually DO have a different PCC now (Though I hope you don't :) ) Two friends of mine have been reassigned from "our" PCC to different PCCs. Thank goodness we haven't been reassigned.

I sure wouldn't like that. We've had the same PCC for years now. She's wonderful (can't say that about the first one we had).

She stays in touch with us, so I'm sure we would get a phone call before something like that would happen. Do you know why they were reassigned? Did they have any choice?

Nope, its the same one.

DaveOKC

We book directly through our PCC. When we have all the details ironed out, we transfer to our on line TA and get even more goodies. We get our travel insurance through our on line TA at a very good price.

Are you susing the same PCC to do this? I am a bit surprised that the PCC goes along with this (more than once), as it is money out of his/her pocket.

Archived