Does anyone kow the size of the safe on the Constellation?

infoprof56

Our friends who are first time cruisers traveling with us asked me if a laptop would fit in the cabin safe. I have a sense that it won’t, but do not know the dimensions of the safes. I tried to find the info on the Celebrity web site, bit we all know how useful that site is. Anyway, if anyone happens to know the approximate or actual dimensions of the safes I would appreciate it.

I doubt that a lap top would fit, but that depends on the size. I took a IPad and that fit so I would guess that it is not larger than 12 x 12 and about 6 high.

We left our electronics out for the whole cruise. If your friends are really worried about it they can buy a security cable for the laptop and chain it down in the cabin so that no one can just walk off with it without breaking up the furniture. I have used them on business trips and they worked great. You can find them for around $20.

1650084976_securitycable.jpg.80b5e8c541531cb1f33634d7768b7e9b.jpg

My Macbook Air fit in the safe on an angle, however i never put it in the safe. It was always on the desk being charged along with our iPads and othe relectronics. We never even thought twice about them winding up missing. We usually only use the safe for our cash and passports.

Do you have an 11"? My 13" MacBook Air didn't fit on the Constellation this time last year (concierge class if that makes a difference). In any case, I agree with you and others...I left it out on the desk for the entire trip and didn't have any issues or concerns.

Constellation was the first Celebrity ship I've been on that I couldn't fit my travel laptop in the safe (I never had a problem with it fitting into the safes on the Solstice-class ships). My iPad didn't fit easily, and I had to angle it in order for it to fit. We were also in concierge class, if that makes a difference.

Since the safes are above the refrigerator, aren't they too warm for electronic devices? I would worry more about that than theft.

They are on some of the S-class ships, including the Eclipse, which we were on last year. It was SO hot in the safe that we did not put any of our electronics in there, or camera memory cards. It is not a good location for a safe. (The top dresser drawer, right next to the fridge, suffered from the same heat problem, and truly made any clothes in there hot!)

They are on some of the S-class ships, including the Eclipse, which we were on last year. It was SO hot in the safe that we did not put any of our electronics in there, or camera memory cards. It is not a good location for a safe. (The top dresser drawer, right next to the fridge, suffered from the same heat problem, and truly made any clothes in there hot!)

Hmmmm....the safe area doesn't sound very "safe"....:confused: :confused:

Archived