Oceania 2015 World Cruise

Andy

Fun

I was thinking Capetown to somewhere

But the logical end points seem to be either SIngapore or Bangkok -- more than 35 days

Thinking the following --

Mia - Capetown

Capetown - Bangkok

Bangkok - Beijing

Beijing - Bali

Bali - Sydney

Sydney - Papeete

Papeete - LA (or SD)

LA to Miami

Isn't Capetown - Bangkok more than 35 days? Jan said 35 day max.

I'd book that in a heartbeat

Wripro

A high demand segment might not go down in price

EG the Capetown to Singapore cruise sells out. I suspect same would be true of that segment

Other segments -- different story.

A lot of it will be affected by what Oceania is offering on the 4 other ships.

MIA - Capetown is 35 days

Capetown - Bangkok -- I think is 33 days.

I would now be interested in what happens to Nautica..

She ends in Capetown on 22 Dec 2014.. Does she go back to Singapore or does she go up the east coast of Africa or do they reposition her to Brazil to do the South American run...???

She ends in Capetown on 22 Dec 2014.. Does she go back to Singapore or does she go up the east coast of Africa or do they reposition her to Brazil to do the South American run...???

Guess I counted wrong

I'm ready

Capetown to Bangkok - perfect for us -- all new ports except Thailand and Cambodia (I will make that a sea day --). We want to go back to Bangkok as we only spend a few days there in the past. Really want to go to Capetown.

I wish they'd take the booking today

I know which cabin I want.

Oh well -- I will just have to hope it's available in September.

It does make one curious regarding how Nautica's itineraries will be affected.

I find it kind of humorous that they are offering first class air to full world cruisers. Considering that the cruise begins and ends in Miami, that's not much of a perk for North American guests.

Zero for you

You can drive!

Paul, Capetown to Singapore when we went was 35 days - so I guess if they went directly to Bangkok, it would be about 33 - Also, as for First Class air - how about us folks who live in Florida - I guess it would be a nice deduction from the price!!:rolleyes: Most of the "legs" may be places all of us have been at one time or another - guess we have to wait and see. I would truly like to get to Burma! The Bali/Sydney leg you propose is a wonderful one! Arlene

He doesn't want a lot of the ports because we have been there. We have actually been to some of them over 4 times. There is also the time of the year. He is also hesitant to go anywhere where there is any discontent. I have to respect him as he put up with me working so very many hours a day most of our life. I just roll with what he agrees to.

I see that you think First Class air isn't a big deal in America. Well, the fares are going up--a lot and I think that this is a nice perk. I don't know if Oceania has a contract with AA, but I would have welcomed that!

Don't forget that they are taking care of Visas. After getting a Visa for Brazil a couple of years ago--I REALLY think that is nice.

The laundry is good. Wish they had dry cleaning.

I personally think it is a good deal, but I would like the whole cruise.

Here's something funny! I would miss getting my hair done! LOL

I find it kind of humorous that they are offering first class air to full world cruisers. Considering that the cruise begins and ends in Miami, that's not much of a perk for North American guests.

IMHO and at my age, the biggest perk is full medical..it is always such a hassel trying to get money back from the insurance company..I always seem to go to the medical center for some dumb thing..rash, cough, runny nose etc. and I just got $450 back from a $1200 bill in December on Riviera..so to me..a big PLUS

Jancruz1

I really wonder what they mean by full medical......will you have to provide a Certificate first of being in good health. I mean lets be honest, the ships Doc is not equipped or able to carry out any large procedures so I am guessing they will just get you off the ship ASAP in the event of a major issue.

As always it is in the fine print.

Brian

Edited by brian_uk

There are no overnights at any ports. I think I would prefer booking regular cruises and get better itineraries. Just my opinion. IIRC we had 5 overnights from Beijing to Bangkok. Like to see how many go to Hanoi and back in a 6 hour port stop.

Mo

Sent using the Cruise Critic forums app

There are no overnights at any ports. I think I would prefer booking regular cruises and get better itineraries. Just my opinion. IIRC we had 5 overnights from Beijing to Bangkok. Like to see how many go to Hanoi and back in a 6 hour port stop.

Mo

Sent using the Cruise Critic forums app

are you reading the same itinerary I am?

Overnights

Capetown

Mahe

Rangoon

Singapore

Bangkok

Saigon

Hanoi

Hong Kong

Shanghai

Beijing

Bali

Namibia

Cairns

Papeete

Edited by pacheco18

Personally I am a little disappointed with this itinerary.

While the concept is new and the perks are great (for those that will take the full voyage only), the itinerary is essentially a repeat of prior O ports and segments. More of the "same old" in a new form. In fact, I suspect most people will opt for the different segments rather than the full cruise, which will then be a repeat of prior destinations. There are a precious few new ports that are of minimal interest to us (Santa Marta, Isla Margarita, Corinto) as we have visited those countries, albeit not those ports. We have visited all the ports on this itinerary but a few and were hoping for truly new destinations - like Angola, Ivory Coast, Gambia, Cameroon, Western Sahara, Djibouti, Eritrea, St. Helena, Saudi Arabia, etc. In fact, I have "campaigned" for some of these destinations on a different thread - apparently to no avail.

The above mentioned ports ARE visited by other cruise lines and although we would prefer to visit them with Oceania, we'll have to do it with the lines that offer them.

However, i realize that this is JMO - I am sure that many others will be very happy with some of these segments.

Personally I am a little disappointed with this itinerary.

While the concept is new and the perks are great (for those that will take the full voyage only), the itinerary is essentially a repeat of prior O ports and segments. More of the "same old" in a new form. In fact, I suspect most people will opt for the different segments rather than the full cruise, which will then be a repeat of prior destinations. There are a precious few new ports that are of minimal interest to us (Santa Marta, Isla Margarita, Corinto) as we have visited those countries, albeit not those ports. We have visited all the ports on this itinerary but a few and were hoping for truly new destinations - like Angola, Ivory Coast, Gambia, Cameroon, Western Sahara, Djibouti, Eritrea, St. Helena, Saudi Arabia, etc. In fact, I have "campaigned" for some of these destinations on a different thread - apparently to no avail.

The above mentioned ports ARE visited by other cruise lines and although we would prefer to visit them with Oceania, we'll have to do it with the lines that offer them.

However, i realize that this is JMO - I am sure that many others will be very happy with some of these segments.

Paul- Perhaps this means we will see something new and different when the Nautica (and other ) itineraries are published. The world cruise is covering all the basics.

No one has commented on that this is strangely an Eastbound itinerary ... ergo, for full Around-the-World cruisers, 24 time zones will be crossed that will each require the loss aboard ship of one hour [returned as one day when crossing the International Date Line in the Pacific]. Note that traditionally Around-the-World cruises sail Westbound to allow for shipboard clocks to be advanced [usually more-appreciated by passengers].:confused:

Paul- Perhaps this means we will see something new and different when the Nautica (and other ) itineraries are published. The world cruise is covering all the basics.

Laraine,

One can only hope. At this point I am/will be committed to the W. Africa cruise on another line with final payment due in August (and I have all my award travel booked to CPT and back from The Canaries),

Maybe another interesting itinerary will come up later.

Paul

Laraine,

One can only hope. At this point I am/will be committed to the W. Africa cruise on another line with final payment due in August (and I have all my award travel booked to CPT and back from The Canaries),

Maybe another interesting itinerary will come up later.

Paul

Have a ball. IMO it is very boring to sail only one cruise line. It's good to mix it up from time to time. I am sure there will be other desirable Oceania itineraries in your future.

Have a ball. IMO it is very boring to sail only one cruise line. It's good to mix it up from time to time. I am sure there will be other desirable Oceania itineraries in your future.

Oceania is our third HOME after London and we love being "bored." :D