Oceania 2015 World Cruise

Andy

Oceania is our third HOME after London and we love being "bored." :D

To each his own.

But I do not want any cruise line to dictate where I go.

I want to choose my itinerary

If I sail only one line, I am limited to where THEY decide to go, not where WE want to go.

I'm with Paul on this one. Itinerary is first.

I can love O only so much. If they don't have the itinerary I want, at a time I want, on the ship I want, I can go home another time.

To each his own.

But I do not want any cruise line to dictate where I go.

I want to choose my itinerary

If I sail only one line, I am limited to where THEY decide to go, not where WE want to go.

I'm with Paul on this one. Itinerary is first.

I can love O only so much. If they don't have the itinerary I want, at a time I want, on the ship I want, I can go home another time.

All our trips over the years - land and sea- have been itinerary driven. That is why we have sailed on just about every cruise line given the right itinerary/timing/price.

While we love Oceania, we will continue to do as we have done until now as long as we do travel.

As Laraine said - to each their own.

Vive la différence

All our trips over the years - land and sea- have been itinerary driven. That is why we have sailed on just about every cruise line given the right itinerary/timing/price.

While we love Oceania, we will continue to do as we have done until now as long as we do travel.

As Laraine said - to each their own.

Vive la différence

I'm with you Paul on this one. I feel the same way.

No one has commented on that this is strangely an Eastbound itinerary ... ergo, for full Around-the-World cruisers, 24 time zones will be crossed that will each require the loss aboard ship of one hour [returned as one day when crossing the International Date Line in the Pacific]. Note that traditionally Around-the-World cruises sail Westbound to allow for shipboard clocks to be advanced [usually more-appreciated by passengers].:confused:

Are you kidding me..of all the things this cruise offers, thats what you are thinking about..how interesting..

Jancruz1

Are you kidding me..of all the things this cruise offers, thats what you are thinking about..how interesting..

Jancruz1

You only say that because you seldom have a drink, and get to bed early, like a good girl.

For the rest of us, dirty stay ups, losing those hours of sleep is an issue.

Whoever worked out this itinerary did not do their homework.

Sure wish we could (can we take our 2 cats?? ) take this.

If you were to go, it would take another 6 months before the cats spoke to you again.....

Our son moved out about 2 months ago and ours is driving me crazy. Funny thing is, she never gave Pat & I the time of day before.

Mo

Sent using the Cruise Critic forums app

You only say that because you seldom have a drink, and get to bed early, like a good girl.

For the rest of us, dirty stay ups, losing those hours of sleep is an issue.

Whoever worked out this itinerary did not do their homework.

LOL..I never thought of that..you are right I do go to bed early so to me it wouldnt matter..!!

Jancruz1

Edited by Jancruz

Cat issues :rolleyes: Know exactly what you are talking about. Ours took 3 weeks to partially forgive us for our 3 week cruise in April.....

Fortunately dogs -at least our Lab- is happy to see us anytime, no matter how long or short time we were gone. Dogs are the very definition of unconditional love!

Cats and dogs - they are indeed very different animals (so to speak) :D

I'm a regular Princess cruiser and have never been on Ocenia but this cruise looks very interesting to me - about half the ports would be new. We currently have the Princess world cruise for Jan 2015 booked but could change.

A few questions - back on pg 1 here it was noted a PH3 would be $150,000. According to the brochure the full brochure price is $212,184 per person and the 70% off special early fare is $75,000 per person. So for 2 people it would be 150G as noted but the promo also says 2 for 1 cruise fares. If each person pays the sale price what does 2 for 1 mean?

Is there anywhere to get more information on the 'free onboard Medical Services' offer? Is this just for issues that come up while on board but what happens if something happens while in port?

When is booking for this going to be available?

If anyone here has been on either the Ocean or Pacific Princess some comparisions would be appricated.

Lots more questions but thats a good start.

Thanks

This is a new program with new benefits and the best thing to do would be to hook up with a TA who has lots of O experience and contacts.

Eg - the medical is totally new -- a TA can get your specific questions answered.

The 2 for 1 is the hype that every cruise line uses. They double the fare and charge you 1/2 so you think you are getting a deal. No one pays the full brochure price. I am guessing some TAs will also have added amenities to offer.

Booking opens on July 17

Good luck

Insignia is "identical" to the Ocean and Pacific but much better maintained. Especially now after she returns from Hapag Lloyd and will be reburbished (presumably).

Re: medical coverage. If you will excuse me, anyone who can pay $150K for a cruise, getting their own medical insurance shouldn't a deal breaker :). Granted, I am not sure how Canadian health insurance protects you while traveling - Blue Cross is pretty good.

Edited by Paulchili

LOL..I never thought of that..you are right I do go to bed early so to me it wouldnt matter..!!

Jancruz1

Not to mention, it sounds like a perfect cruise for you. You will find a lot of like minded people on the cruise, as it appears the "dirty stay up" folks plan to avoid this cruise. ;)

Plus you get a whole extra day when you cross the IDL!

Just received a very nice brochure for the cruise

I would need more than free medical care if I was on the ship that long :eek:

We will watch for the segments when they come out in Sept

Lyn

I would need more than free medical care if I was on the ship that long :eek:

Lyn

As in free mental health care? :D

Lyn, I hope that one of the segments will be just right for you.

Paul

Edited by Paulchili

Pacheco18,

I agree that segments that sell well will no be discounted. But every world cruise has a few segments "dogs" that contain mostly sea days or few interesting ports and sell poorly.

Brian U_K,

Agree about the medical inclusion. Ships doctors can only handle so much. I would never give up travel insurance because of this, If one should need medical evacuation you want to be taken where you want, not the nearest facility where O would surely put you. Plus you still need to insure trip cancellation or interruption. We are talking serious money here so it needs to be protected.

If they had offered free pet boarding with webcam access they'd have a few more takers.

For the cost of pet boarding (5 dogs) we could send them on their own cruise.. $100/day x 180 =18K :( or buy my house sitter a new car.